1223.4 Once More Unto the Breach

[color=blue]"For which I am extremely grateful," Fiona says with a smile.

Tranquillina cannot fit back into the blacksmith's house, nor could she fit through the opening back to Mons Electi...
This is a risk of letting a spontaneous spell do the best it can at one of the parameters of the spell...

We'll live with it then. Unless anyone else has ideas....

Edited to add: Hmm, what about sponting another Muto Corpus spell on herself? It would need to affect a being of Size +8, but that scales up faster than I thought: basically I'd need to add +3 magnitudes for Size, which is probably doable. Base 3, +1 Diam, +3 size is level 15, so far, to shrink myself a little bit. If I wanted to shrink myself from Size +8 to Size +5, what would that be - a level 20 spell? level 25?

((What about sponting an Unravelling the Fabric of Corpus? Target level is 38, so you'd need a spell level of 28 - die roll. Tranquillina has -3 + 14 + 5 + 12, plus (I think) 5 for being Touch instead of Voice range? So, a total of 33 + die roll. Fiona has Sta 3 + Pe 5 + Vi 6 + 12 = 26. Isen looks like he has Sta 1 + Pe 6 + Vi 4 + Aura 12 = 23. Kind of a long shot, regardless. :frowning: ))

((never mind. I forgot - Fiona is Teh Awesome.))

[color=blue]"Tranquillina, if you would be so kind as to suppress your Parma for a moment or two, I believe I can help."

Base 3, R: Touch +1, D: Diameter +1, T: Individual, +3 magnitudes for Size, for a Target level of 20. Sta 3 + Mu 17 + Co 15 + 15 + Talisman 3 + 12 = 65 + die roll of 2 = 34. That gets her down to Size 6, which is still a little bit too big.

So, Stage 2 to get her from a 6 to a 5. This actually lowers her Target Level by a magnitude, to 15. CT is still 65 + die roll of 0 (botch check comes up a 2) = 65, halved is 32.

Oh, wait. Tranquillina is probably going to have to guide Fiona, or grab her and have her touch her where she wants to be touched when Fiona casts the spell, for it to go off. But still, Size 5, which is where she is supposed to be at. And Tranquil

((I think Tranquillina could probably spont such a spell on herself - that would save the Warping. Could one spell do the job from +8 to +5 by itself? Also, where's the +12 coming from - I thought the aura was 10?))
Edited to add: Oh wait, there isn't Warping on these spells - too low level. I'm just going to sit quietly over here now.

((Last time Fiona was here, I'm pretty sure the Aura was 12.))

If someone could spont a MuCo to increase my size by 2 I would appreciate it. I can not do MuCo spells. I will enlarge my bow and arrows.

[color=blue]"All right. Off with the clothes,then," Fiona says with a smile. [color=blue]"Oh, and could you suppress your parma for a moment?"

((Base 3 to change size, R: Touch +1, D: Diameter +1, T: Individual, +1 to add an additional size to get him to Size +5, is a Target of 10. CT is Sta 3 + Mu 17 + Co 15 + 15 + Talisman 3 + Aura 12 = 65...she can do this without spending fatigue.))

((size 2 please not size 5 :slight_smile:. Should it not last sun? What good is 2 minutes of largeness (excluding a quicky)))

((Size 2 would be about Fiona's size...9 feet, give or take. The giants around here are Size +5...about 20 feet tall. And I think Diameter or longer duration lasts until you leave the Magic realm.))

((Oh, and Fiona has Sta +3...she doesn't do quickies :wink: ))

MuHe to enlarge Javques' bow base 3 touch + 1 diameter, +1 size

1d10=9 + Mu 9 + He 8 + Stam 1 + aura 12 = 39

Arrows would be a bit trickier. would it be T:Group as it is effecting arrows and quiver.

T group would certainly make it easier, allowing you to do 10/100/1000 at a time based on modifications to the size increment.

Ruminated on this a bit...
Let's do this a bit differently...
Fiona needs to give me an awareness check... And pending that, I'll have Tranquillina do a check to stop her spell. Fiona's Awareness roll will determine Tranquillina's roll to properly dissipate the vast Corpus power she's seeming to draw in... Yeah, I'm treating this like a botch to some extent...

((Are we talking about Fiona's spell(s) to reduce Tranquillina in size? ))

((Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 4 = 7.))

Ok, so I missed your other post, that you shrunk her down to size in a couple of steps. Umm, nevermind.

The Blacksmith embiggens all the other equipment that the magi haven't already done, including their clothes.

"Have fun storming the volcano." He waves at the group departing.

Fiona stands next to the Blacksmith as she watches them leave. She sincerely hopes that they find Marcus alive and well, and that they return unharmed and soon.

She then turns to the Blacksmith. [color=blue]"I can't really stay very long...a couple of hours at the most. Isen has expressed an interest in reforging himself, as Silviatos and I have done. I didn't go into much detail about the process with him, since it seems to be different for everyone."

"I'm sure he'll figure it out. He says in a way that seems as if he's not terribly concerned about that, and quietly takes Fiona's hands and leads her into his hidden domain. Have you given thought to the 10[1] pawns of vis contained within your body?

[1]I never awarded Vis in Blacksmith thread. I might be double dipping here, but I'll do it in the other thread. Note magi will only get the vis, as, to me, it requires actions of Hermetic import. Anyway... :smiley:

((So, that's five from the Land of Giants and five from Don't Forget?))

[color=blue]"Not really," she says as she moves against him and wraps her arms around him, leaning her head on his chest. At least he wasn't afraid of her, and found her attractive and desirable, and she wishes more people would.

((Just looked up the rules for advancement with vis that you mentioned at the end of the Land of Giants. Since Venus' Blessing is a Minor General Virtue, would that be allowable?))

((That's fine, given the format of this saga, let's let it blossom during Praxiteles initial visit.))