Abe's Ideas

New spell!
Sugar spray- you cover the target with a colorful candy coating!
Target-ind
Range-sight
Duration-sun
Not sure what sort of creatures that it would effect fully(ie dragons might not be effectively covered in the coating)

1 Like

Sugar is a plant product, right?
So that'd be CrHe, meaning you get about a cubic yard of sugar... that's a fair amount.

Thanks

Abe is back!

1 Like

You'd still need T: Group mind you - otherwise it's just one big block.

New spell-blackflame!
Effect you can undo fire damage on objects/creatures/people
Creoignum 30
Range-sight
Target-ind
Duration-inst
Focus-a pinch of ash from a bonfire
Any thoughts?

Repairing damage takes Creo (form of target). Rego Ignem could have prevented the damage from occurring in the first place but can't repair it.

I fixed the form/teqnuiqe.

No, Creo Ignem creates fire. What you want to do is a wierd 'undo fire' effect, which I ... don't think is currently possible in Ars Magica. Though I could be wrong.

That's why I said Creo (form of target). Corpus to repair a person's burns, Herbam to repair scorched/charred wood or replace say half a chair leg that burned to ash, Terram to fix the temper of a sword that got over-heated, etc. What you are trying to do with one spell, Abe, is probably easier to do with several minor ones separately.

Also note that, to make the effects I listed here Instant (as healing spells need to be), you'd need one pawn of Creo or (specific Form) vis per 5 levels of the actual spell design.

New intelego spell:quack flame!
Effect:rather than the cracking sounds you normally hear from a fire you hear quacking sounds instead!
Integeloignum 10?
Range-sight
Duration-flame(it lasts as long as the fire does)
Target-ind
Right now just a thought exercise, but if you can come up with a actual use adventure-wise please let me know & how to improve this spell!

1 Like

Changing how something looks or sounds is always going to be Muto Imaginem. If you're using the 4th ed. PDF it's page 141 for those guidelines. Looks like a base level 5 effect to me. Not sure of the equivalence of the Flame (or Fire?) Duration for changes in magnitude, and noble's parma on that.

Spell name:mega burp!
Effect:you make a LOAD burp!( loud enough to be heard several leagues away!)
Duration:inst(the sound lasts for several seconds but the initial burp only last 1 second at most)
Target:self(only the caster is effected)
Range:indevigual
Sorry about the bad spelling,it’s not my strong suit, on the other hand, what do you think about this spell?

New virtue?bookworm
Basically you’re counted as 1-2 sizes larger, but only for carrying writing materials/books!
What do you think?

Does carrying capacity depend on size in Ars Magica?

Or strength, I forget wich.

It's Strength, yes. To be honest, I can't think of many situations where this virtue would be relevant. To start with, books don't have a Load value as far as I'm aware - it's usually assumed by the system that anything heavy that's not combat gear will be put down for any activity where encumbrance would be a factor.

1 Like

Bookworm variant:you have the gift of language, but only for the written word.

What would be the form and bonuses be for various foodstuffs in medieval times?

Graphic novels in ars magica?
How would magi make them anyway?