character design and development

So if the stamina rituals were done right before summer, then the babies start popping up at the end of winter. Anna's Stamina is five, and Aegis has three for her Chirurgy, so that's a plus 8, to recovery rolls. With another +3 for every stable result.

1. 8+Stress(8)=16, so that's one stage of recovery.
  2. 8+Stress(9)=17, so that's that's fully recovered. That was easy. In only five more years we'll have yet another character!

On that note, should I build the kid, and if so can it be a full-fledged companion, or should I leave it at Grog level?

I thought we had done it in Winter 1111 or very early Spring 1112, no matter.

Camilla/lo Jr. pops up also around the same time, she will rely on Aegis as well, as she is discreet, being Mute and under a compulsion to obey Magi:
1)Medium Wound Chirurgy 3 + Sta 5 + she will ask her parens for a non-stressed "Easing the Pain of Childbirth" lengthened to Moon duration + 6 + _: 1D10 = [10] = 10, ugh, _: 1D10 = [1] = 1, whew, no botch, = 14, success
2)Light wound recovery Chirurgy 3 + Sta 5 + 6 Easing the Pain of Childbirth + _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 = 23, success, the little child is born.

Agniezka's spawn, up also around the same time, relying on Nicola the Cook, hoping to make it as public as possible, so that Severinus's manhood becomes less questioned,
1)Medium Wound Chirurgy 3 + Sta 5 + _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 = 15, success
2)Light wound recovery Chirurgy 3 + Sta 5 + _: 1D10 = [2] = 2, = 10, success

Don't know it it's a girl or a boy, boy would be best for stability in the short run.

Both children's genders up to silveroak

*edited to say Camilla will have a daughter whom she will name Sybilla, and Lady Agniezka will have a son, Alexander, to the joy and discomfort of the entire family.

If you want to make them companions go ahead, otherwise I will add them to the grog pool in 5 years...

Anna should develop the Praxologist's package of virtues and flaws at some point - Apprentices suggest this normally occurs after 10 years' study. If I spend a season teaching her the ability Comprehend Magic shall we say her lineage abilities have manifested 12/13 years into apprenticeship? My bad, I should have picked this up in 1111.

Go ahead and add them in now, we'll just say she was a late bloomer in this area for unknown reasons.

For 1113, will advance Andros, Danaë for Spring, Lady Agniezka for Spring and Summer, and Camilla, having no adventures on tap, for the whole year.

Odd year, so will use odd-year vis distribution, reflected on Andros/Danaë's character sheets: 1 pawn creo, 1 pawn muto, 1 pawn rego, 1 pawn aquum, 1 pawn corpus, and 1 pawn terram

*edited several times, adventures done, will advance Andros, Danaë and Lady A for the rest of the year.

Little Sybilla, Camilla's daughter turns 1; Alexander of Siderno, son of the proud Lady Agniezka turns 1 as well!

Andros's Aging roll: Aging roll: 6 age - 2 Magi - 2 healthy - 6 LR - 1 good food+ _: 1D10 = [9] = 9, no change

Andros's roll for Lab, Highly organized = Int + MT + _: 1D10 = [1] = 1, _: 1D10 = [10] = 10, yes!!!!

Andros's roll for Spotless, no bonus, _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 = 9 Yes!!!

Severinus's Aging roll Age 5 + _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 -2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food = 7, apparent aging

For 1114 will advance Danae til Fall, when she has 1 adventure. Adventure done, will advance her for the year.

Camilla will be advanced for the year, she has no adventures.

Andros will be advanced for Spring, has adventures in Summer and Winter. Will advance depending on how far advanced his Familiar Quest is , adventure was short, [strike]might write a book or do lab Work[/strike]. Andros will bind his familiar in Winter with the lab aid of Lady Agniezka, who provides a +12 bonus. Lab Total is TeFo ReCo 37 + 1 int + 7 MT +5 Aura + 3 Lab (+2 GQ + 1 Re) + 12 Aid from Lady A = 65, Gold +3, Silver +1, Bronze +3, roll for Faerie ingredients, _: 1D10 = [9] = 9, no wacky shenanigans! He spends 13 vis (ouch!), 6 which come from the Covenant (per previous agreement) and 7 from his own stores (he uses from his Rego stash). Since we have a surfeit of Rego, I'd imagine that's where it will come from. With 7 MT he can just about handle those 13 pawns.
Aging roll (new and improved with Bronze cord) = +6 + _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 -6LR- 2 Healthy locale - 2 magi standards - 2 Food and wine - 3 Bronze cord = -6, no change

silveroak, I've also added this year's vis disbursement to Andros and Danae, even year,
1 pawn of creo vis, 1 pawn intelligo, 1 pawn perdo, 1 pawn rego, 1 pawn corpus, 1 pawn herbam, and 1 pawn terram...and the last year for such bounty, Anna becomes a magus in 1115!

Lady A. will be advanced til Summer, she has adventures Fall and Winter. Done, advanced, she had no adventures, her husband's Aging roll for 48 years of age: 48 Aging roll Severinus's Aging roll Age 5 -2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food + _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 = 3, apparent aging only
Lady A will seek an adventure in 1115 to get a good marriage for her daughter Anikó, who is 15.

*edited for changes

Question, silveroak, does Camilla develop Faerie Magic, must she be initiated, not sure how it happens to the apprentice in this saga. Evandrus just taught her Merinita Lore in Spring 1114, don't know that's the prelude to this happening...or the final step to develop the House Virtue.

From Apprentices -an apprentice of a house with a mystery cult (Verditius, Bjorner, Merinita, or Criamon) must initiate, taking one season for the initiation. There is no mention of ability levels, source quality or other burdens of initiation (though obviously having the house virtue is a requirement). All others "pick up" their house virtue after 10 seasons of instruction. Bjorner initiation takes place at the gathering of 12 years, Verditius immediately after opening their arts. Some forms of Ex Miscelania also initiate, which is left as a troupe/storyguide question which do or do not.

Thanks! So there must be a season to initiate, and that will result in Faerie Magic 1, correct? Exposure in Cult Lore or some such for the season?

yes

Andros has no adventures for 1115.

Hey, silveroak, I really like Simian Rex, http://praesidiumorae.wikidot.com/simian-rex looks like great fun! Is he finished (47 points of Qualities is a lot!)? To edit page for activities, bond strengths, True friend, etc. What is Improved Ability, is it rather Improved Powers? Is he a Corpus might creature, is he an imminent threat to Camilla (and her damnable Imbued with Corpus virtue)? Will he Guide Andros to destruction (hehehe, 50 Might has a lot of Penetration)?
Anyway, Andros teaches S. Rex MT in Spring (+26 xp), Summer Rex disappears into the countryside (Practice Area Lore Italy), terrorizing small farms near forests to steal food I'd hazard,
Fall returns and Trains MT (Andros creates spells without the help of S. Rex's Lab assistance, but in turn trains the monkey in such endeavors) + 10 xp MT , and in Winter does use his help in the Lab, by the end both are climbing walls with frustration with one another (too many monkeys in the lab! :laughing: ) + 2 MT exposure to S. Rex.
Warping rolls for Lab activities Fall: Invent Piercing the Magical Veil (InVi 20)
Piercing the Faerie Veil (InVi 20) from Lab texts, Lab total InVi 17 + 1 int + 7 MT + 5 aura + 10 (8 spells/2 GQ) lab = 40
_: 1D10 = [2] = 2 no Warping

Warping rolls for Lab activities Winter: Invent Call to Slumber (ReMe 10)
Aura of Rightful Authority (ReMe 20) from Lab texts, Circular Ward Against Spirits (ReMe 10), Lab Total is ReMe 25 + 1 int + 7 MT + 5 aura + 11 Lab (8 spells/2 GQ/1Re) + 6 S. Rex's aid = 55, to complete in 1 season needs 50 lab total, _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 no Warping

Andros's Aging roll: +6 age + _: 1D10 = [6] = 6 -2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy location - 2 Food/wine - 3 familiar - 6 LR = -3, no change

Will advance Lady A for Spring and summer. Done for the year, will advance. Since adventure was so short, she will read a book no one's reading and take her xp from that. The Knight Severinus's aging roll at 49: Severinus Age 5 -2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food + _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 = 8, apparent aging

Will advance Danae til Fall, she's on her Delivery service most of the year. Done, will advance for the year.

Will hold on advancing Camilla until her parens declares how he will deal with adventure #2. Will advance Camilla until Fall. Done

•edited as i change stuff

improved ability should be improved powers, and he should have 50 points in qualities... he is rego might, but with a strong resonance with corpus, Keep in mind that activities that S. Rex does on his own have a -50 SQ due to his might, so he is likely to stay close to Andros, especially since a side effect of the bond is that if Andros dies so does Rex.

Anna advanced through 1114, Evandrus too.

Ahh, thanks, he has to be involved in an activity with Andros to avoid the -50, will keep that in mind. He'll still waste that season doing that, he's a monkey! Now he knows the joys of learning.

winter 1117 Giovanni is being given discretion as to study- presuming books but it is not required- remember that artes liberals can be "diverted" from points in Latin class.

Here is the design for Anna's kid. I'll figure out some job for her.

Name: Blossom
Year: 1117
Characteristics: Int+3 Com+3 Per+3 Pre+3 Sta+1 Dex-3 Qik-3 Str-3
Virtues: Good Teacher, Puissant Finesse, Book Learner
Flaws: Small Frame, Covenant Upbringing, Motion Sickness
Abilities: Italian 5, Awareness 2, Folk Ken 2, Guile 2

she can be a companion... and needs to have faerie blood.

Here is the design for Anna's kid. I'll figure out some job for her.

Name: Blossom
Year: 1117
Confidence: 1 (3)
Characteristics: Int+1 Com+3 Per+1 Pre+2 Sta+1 Dex+1 Qik+1 Str+1
Virtues: Good Teacher, Puissant Finesse, Book Learner, Faerie Blood (Nymph +1 Pre), Strong Characteristics, Strong Characteristics, Ritual Power (Grant Virtue: Strong Characteristic), Variable Power (Based on Ability)
Flaws: Small Frame, Covenant Upbringing, Motion Sickness, Slow Power, Faerie Antipathy (Major, Fire), Fear of Fire (Major)
Abilities: Italian 5, Awareness 2, Folk Ken 2, Guile 2

I made some fixes. Upgraded into a companion. I made up Nymph blood, but its in line with the +1 stat for Faerie Bloods

Nice! Will try to come up with Companion level characters for Sandor (Lady A's son) and Sybilla (Camilla's daughter)