Quaesitor Constantine, Follower of Guernicus

correct

Hmm. The use of the virtue has flavoured how I wrote the character.
Why, and what is the book ref for why there a limit on what can be gained via transformation? I did go looking for that type of limit and asked about transformation and virtues a long time ago in the character generation threads.
I've also taken the Atlantean virtue as well via the same mechanism.
A mystagogue surely isn't the only way to gain a virtue, especially when spending transformation vis.
Lastly if I'm to alter this, that's not the end of the world but I'll need some time to rewrite the character.

Faerie magic is a little different from the average virtue, much as Verditius Magic and Heartbeast are. House mysteries should not cross borders.

Faerie lore, OTOH, should be readily available.

[strike]I am sorry that I didn't notice this earlier. And for that I apologize.

Atlantean magic is perfectly okay for transformation. That's not generally obtained through a mystery. But part of the coolness of the MC houses is that they have a lock on their mysteries. Should a non-Bjornaer be able to get the heartbeast mystery just from spending a few vis gained in the Magic Realm? That seems to minimize what being in the House means and also minimizes what Bjornaer himself did. The same goes for Verditius Runes. That's a closely guarded Verditius secret that should be really hard to obtain. Same with the Enigma. It shouldn't be something that just anyone can get. Yes, to analogize from what silveroak said, you might get a future ex-Criamon to teach it to you. But that should be hard.

I tend to think that the same is true for Faerie Magic. It's a special thing that Merinita's get. And quite apart from the difficulty in learning it, there's also the play balance. It really steals from the Merinita player's thunder when their signature ability is copied so easily by someone else.

I can totally understand if it requires some character reworks. Certainly you would have made different spell choices. But unless the rest of the troupe tells me I'm off base, I'm going to say that House mysteries are something that you shouldn't be able to get via transformation.[/strike]

ETA - Gah, I'm undone. One of the examples given in the book is learning The Enigma from a transformation. I can't see how I could say that you could learn the Enigma and you couldn't learn Faerie Magic.

I'm very happy to remove the Fae virtue and rework guys. Saga flavour and character empowerment (e.g. specifically for SilverOak being so Fae focused), I can understand the desire to avoid the overlap.
It'll just take me a bit of time to see what I do with the changes.

Take what time you need.

fyi - I've finished tweaking Constantine and updated his advancement post in the earlier thread. I'll update the wiki shortly.
TLDR = Less spells but a few more custom ones, removed Fae virtue, added mMF. I kept the changes light because I didn't want to go back to the drawing board, but changing out the virtue caused a lot of downstream impacts.