Sensory Magic Initiation

[quote="Samsaptaka"]
magical objects

• Tongue of an Eagle InIm 15; Personal, Sun, Taste (Base 1, Sun +2, 2/day and environmental trigger +4 levels) InIm 7 your +4 are levels and not magnitude, you noted levels but calculated with magnitude
  • Skin of an Eagle; InIm 20; Personal, Sun, Touch (Base 1, Sun +2, Touch +1, 2/day and environmental trigger +4 levels) InIm 8
  • Nose of an Eagle; InIm 25; Personal, Sun, Smell (Base 1, Sun +2, Smell +2, 2/day and environmental trigger +4 levels) InIm 9
  • Ears of an Eagle; InIm 30; Personal, Sun, Hearing (Base 1, Sun +2, Hearing +3, 2/day and environmental trigger +4 levels) InIm 14
  • Eyes of an Eagle; InIm 35; Personal, Sun, Vision (Base 1, Sun +2, Vision +4, 2/day and environmental trigger +4 levels)
    InIm 19

Ars Magica, where two people can come up with five different ways to make the same effect. :slight_smile:

Anyhoo, you might be overthinking this. You want your statue to be able to see, taste, hear, touch, smell?
The Realistic Statue MuTe(An) 24: Personal, Sun, Individual (Base 5, affect stone +1, Sun +2, 2/day & trigger +4 levels)
Turns your heartbeast object into an animal, which would have all required senses. He instead of Te if you start from a bonsai. Bump up to target Part to metaphorically "transform" just the object's senses.

I think "magical senses" are a red herring. They don't "give" you a sense, they take data/images and "display" it to you using a sense. Spells that use those targets are intellego-ing(?) very specific data. Detect magic would show auras around items or spells, eyes of the eagle does "magnify and enhance" on what you are looking at, smell of fear would let you smell fear, etc. Similarly for enchanted items, environmental trigger and linked trigger detect very specific things (a trigger thought, specific sound in the environment etc). In the bell's case, it sounds like the hearing is almost a cosmetic effect. The magic lets the bell sense tunnels, just manifests it as hearing because that is appropriate for a bell.

All that stuff is weird & confusing, but it does seem to demand senses to start from. However, we have a guideline for that: Stir the Slumbering Tree gives the tree sight and hearing (and personally I would assume the other senses too, but a tree's sense of smell normally isn't important to the story). Base level 4, Me requisite. Hm, which then makes me think Mentem is the more important effect. Something more like a Creo Mentem (with requisite) to create something that can perceive images.

And now I think I've talked myself into complete confusion. I think the tldr is look at awakened trees, stone tell of the mind that sits, and the turn human into tree or stone spells, use those as examples of "a plant or stone or lake or whatever has xyz senses". Or just turn your object into the real thing.