ArM 5 publishing schedule

I can honestly really respect that. I'm a big fan of Fantasy Flight Game's Rogue Trader series, but they advertised a whole slew of books in advance, and are not at all meeting the deadlines they set out for themselves. It is frustrating. I like how Atlas is pretty upfront about 4 books a year, and the books are rarely late.

Can you glut out when, if any, Egypt book is due out? :smiley:

It's in development, but the manuscript hasn't been turned over to me for layout yet.

<3

Yes. That's my professional, articulate response.

An Egypt book? Is this in the works? I thought it a bit odd that the Levant wasn't covered in Cradle and the Crecent, but I guess one only has so many pages to work with. :stuck_out_tongue:

But what book is after Hermetic Projects? Very curious. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Eirik

And we already ended up with more pages than that.

Egypt is very likely to be covered in a book that is in an extremely early stage of development. You won't hear any more about it for years (literally) unless you're a playtester. In which case it will be months.

Barring unforeseeable catastrophes, which could still happen with this book, Apprentices. It's a short book. The topic should be obvious, and should appeal to the people who found Projects a bit high fantasy for their tastes...

Nice, thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

E.

Awesome.

I don't understand how, after so much published work, you guys still manage to produce books that make me want to buy them ASAP. But that's great! Keep it up! :smiley:

Wouldn't the Levant need a full tribunal book to cover it?

There is a 4th edition Levant book Blood and Sand, combining it with The Cradle and the Crescent makes for oodles of source material to work from for Levant Tribunal.

There really needs to be a Provencal book and an update of Iberia and Rome, the last two haven't been touched since 3rd edition.

Hi,

Michelle or David, what will be the next Ars Magica books after Antagonists?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Aphodius

Michelle didn't reply, so I guess this is not quite ready for announcement yet. The next one should be announced soon, though, because the draft has been turned over to Atlas and the cover art is basically done.

Be patient a little longer. :smiley:

Well, it's been officially announced now:

Tales of Power! :smiley:

Details about the book and its release date can be found here: atlas-games.com/product_tables/AG0304.php

Holy mother of god*... That's just too good to be true... I love you, Atlas Games! (And the authors!!!!! Never forget the Authors!!!)

• Funnily enough, this is the kind of reaction I never get in my native tongue, but that I've picked up by reading english. The only thing that's crossed the language barrier is "Oh my god": I now find myself regularly saying "Oh mon dieu"...

Sorry, I'm working part time from home right now (post-maternity leave), so I'm not as on the ball as usual. Tales of Power ... yay! (Thanks Gremlin!)

Hi guys. First time posting here. Maybe Michelle or David could clarify what is the next title due for release in December? I figure its about five months to the nominal release date and they appear to be usually announced 4-5 months out from that date. Thanks.

We're only publishing 3 ArM books in 2013, so the last one will come out in October. It's the long-awaited Hibernia Tribunal book, The Contested Isle! You can read more at http://www.atlas-games.com/product_tables/AG0305.php.

Thanks Jessica. I must admit I was a bit surprised to hear that since 4 releases a year has pretty much been the regular number each year for a while. Whats the reason for that change?

Update: As it turns out, there WILL be a fourth book in 2013, though it'll be published in December. The schedule shifted by a few weeks this year to accommodate the hand-off of primary editing/layout duties to Cam Banks, the new brand manager, so it looked like we'd only get three books out, but it now appears that we'll be able to squeeze in the fourth one before 2014. The title and everything will be announced toward Autumn. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks again Jess, that good to hear. Looking forward to the announcement.