Cecilio ex Bonisagus, the Younger

The character isn't complete however I have what amounts to a life story so far!

Life Story: Cecilio Jr. was lucky for a child born with the Gift, her mother was a Maga herself and her father was… actually she was never clear on that. Probably one of the covenfolk. This did however mean that she was apprenticed early, and had in some ways an easy apprenticeship. And despite what the Tytalus think learning to work spells like other girls learn to cook makes for a very skilled maga.

Cecilio Sr.’s research focused on Faerie and working with members of House Merinita to integrate Faerie into Magic. The focus was less on the banal aspects like bringing Faerie Magic to the other Houses, and more on “integrating the two realms as one”. The important thing is that when Cecilio Jr. got farther along in her apprenticeship her mother brought her along on expeditions to Faerie places, and introduced her to the Faerie Queen of Ice, Blood and Sand, who took an immediate liking to the younger Cecilio. She has been hosted at the court more than once since then. Faerie being what they are “hosting” inevitably entails some epic tales, but she made it out unharmed thus far. In fact, at her post-gauntlet party the Queen halted the signs of aging, both in appearance and in health but unfortunately was not able to stop the march towards death.

First Adventure
Cecilio had always focused on the healing arts and when she got wind of a plague she travelled out to make use of her magic to assist, planning on posing as a physician of sorts. Due to the Gift nobody ever said it was a very good plan. However she was able to win over the villagers by more or less causing an immediate turn around in the health of the victims. Which would have been great if the plague was a natural one and not the direct work of demons. When the plague was finally defeated Cecilio took her leave to return to her covenant (technically just the place she was staying), when she finally exited the divine aura the demons swiftly pounced. She would have died had the wolf (later named Purity by her) not saved her. Cecilio wasn’t conscious when she got saved, but the demons were thoroughly eliminated.

Cecilio came to in a wolf den, which would have been utterly terrifying had she more energy. Especially since the wolves eyes glowed like fire. The wolf who saved her explained in broken German what had happened, and that she would nurse Cecilio back to health. Purity essentially treated her like one of her cubs for the next couple seasons. Cecilio healed well, better than well taking upon some of the traits of the wolves that raised her. Their ears, a tail, silver fur and most beneficially their sense of smell. When Cecilio was recovered and the cubs ready to strike out on their own Purity decided to follow Cecilio to the Order.
First Adventure End

After returning to her home everyone was very relieved she was alive and unhurt. Her next project was brushing up on Ignem and binding Purity as her familiar. The next year was spent giving Purity a crash course in Latin, and Magic Theory in order to complete their first lab project together.

Purity insisted that she teach Cecilio some about surviving in the wilds as she learned how to survive in the Order. This paired nicely with the magi who were actually members of her mother’s covenant getting impatient with Cecilio not moving along. The pair lived in the wilds for the better part of a year which was not actually that rough.

When Purity considered Cecilio passable they moved to another covenant to be guests. Her next three years was spent in large part learning how obnoxious the Rhine could be in regards to treatment of younger magi. They seemed nice enough at first. They even offered her a copy of the book she would write for them as payment to stay at the covenant. A sampling of the stuff she had to put up with:
An elder magus disputing her find of Vis via certamen. She sniffed out a regio on her way to harvest his Vis source, harvested and delivered his Vis and returned to figure out a way in and find vis within. She lost the Certamen.
A particularly rotund Maga ate all the honey she ordered for a lab project, except one jar which broke when a careless servant, while taking the honey to the rotund Maga, dropped it on some of the Maga’s lab supplies. The complaint to the Quaesitor’s resulted in a Certamen to decide who was wronged. (Cecilio lost.)
The book which she was supposed to have a copy of within 1 year per her contract was delayed a full two years beyond that.
One of the Archmagi rifled through her guest lab nearly wrecking a project of hers. It was deemed not a problem because it wasn’t her official sanctum.

The point is as soon as she got her copy, she was eager to set out to just about any place that wasn’t the Rhine.

Stats just after her Gauntlet

Name: Cecilio ex Bonisagus, the Younger
Int+2 Per:+0 Str: -2 Sta+1 Prs:+2 Com+3 Dex-3 Qik+0
Personality Traits: Generous+6, Compasionate+3, Sarcastic+2
Wizard’s Sigil: Copper and Ash

Virtues: Inventive Genius, Flawless Magic, Good Teacher, Self-Confident, Imbued with Spirit of Corpus, Unaging (Faerie), Cautious Sorcerer, Independent Study

Flaws: Weak Scholar, Unbearable to Demons, Infernal Stigmata (numerous small cuts), Compassionate (minor), Plagued by Supernatural Entity, Generous (Major)

Abilities:
High German (Swiss) - 5 (75)
Area Lore: Rhine Tribunal (Forests) - 2 (15)
Charm (women) – 2 (15)
Brawl (Dodge) – 2 (15)
Athletics – 2 (15)
Order of Hermes Lore (covenfolk) 1 (5)
Concentration (meditation) – 1 (5)
Guile (getting out of trouble) – 1 (5)
Folk Ken (covenfolk) – 1 (5)
Magic Theory (Experimentation) – 4+2 (50)
Latin (Lab Texts) – 5 (75)
Code of Hermes (Faerie) – 1 (5)
Artes Liberales (Ritual Magic) – 1 (5)
Faerie Lore (Queens) – 1 (5)
Finesse (beauty) – 1 (5)
Philosophiae (Ritual Magic) – 1 (5)
Profession: Scribe (Lab Texts) – 1 (5)
Parma Magic (Vim) – 1 (5)

Artes
Creo: 10 (55) Intellego: 5 (15) Muto: 0 (0) Perdo; 0 (0) Rego: 6 (21)
An: 0 (0) Aq 0 (0) Au: 0 (0) Co: 6 (21) He: 2 (3) Ig: 6 (21) Im: 2 (3) Me: 2 (3) Te: 0 (0) Vi: 2 (3)

Xp spending/post apprenticeship activities
Childhood
Charm (women) – 2 (15)
Brawl (Dodge) – 2 (15)
Athletics – 2 (15)

Youth (1 year)

Apprenticeship-160xp on abilities
Magic Theory (Experimentation) – 4+2 (50)
Latin (Lab Texts) – 5 (75)
Finesse (beauty) – 1 (5)
Profession: Scribe (Lab Texts) – 1 (5)
Parma Magic (Vim) – 1 (5)

Artes
Apprenticeship 140 xp
Creo: 10 (55) Intellego: 5 (15) Muto: 0 (0) Perdo; 0 (0) Rego: 6 (21)
An: 0 (0) Aq 0 (0) Au: 0 (0) Co: 6 (21) He: 2 (3) Ig: 6 (21) Im: 2 (3) Me: 2 (3) Te: 0 (0) Vi: 2 (3)

Where is unbearable to demons from?

HoH: Mysteries.

And custom spells/enchantments invented via labwork in the pre-game time. Some are fairly straight forward. Others as much, but there shouldn't be anything tricky involved.
Lesser Enchanted Items:
Corpse Wand – Creo Corpus 20 - 1 Use/Day
R: Touch T: Individual D: Sun
This yew (+2 corpses) wand is tipped with amber (+3 corpus). This creates a complete human corpse lasting until the sun sets or rises. To trigger the wand tap the ground, (or table, etc.) three times using the amber tip. In Hermetic Lab work it can provide a +2 corpus specialization.
Base 5 +1 touch +2 sun

Organ Extraction Knife-Creo Corpus 20
R: Touch T: Part D: Moon
This metallic blade when used to cut out an organ (or run across an already removed one), tendon, muscle or similar extract from the body will preserve the removed peace of flesh and only the removed piece of flesh. The resulting decay will then clean the removed part as the unpreserved bits still attached turned to dust. This is extremely useful in Corpus research and provides a +2 corpus specialization to any lab in which it is used.
Base 2 +1 touch +3 moon +24 uses/day

Spells:
Gaze of Pain – CrIg 15
R: Sight T: Individual D: Sun
The victim of this spell feels a flash of heat as flames smolder on their skin or clothing. The target suffers +5 damage.
Base 4 +3 sight

Hear Their Pain-InCo 15
R: Personal T: Hearing D: Mom
This spell provides information similar to Physician’s Eye. However the information comes through the sense of hearing, the sound indicating health. Melodious sounds for healthy people, with poor health marred by notes of discord.

Walk on Air-ReCo-15
R: Personal T: Ind D: Sun
The Maga who casts this can walk (or crawl or swim any slow form of movement) in any direction as if she was walking over a sold surface without falling. She can climb in much the same way someone would walk up stairs or climb a ladder. As a side effect the maga won’t fall fast enough to hurt herself when she falls.

Vis Hunt InVi -15
R: Personal T: Sight D: Sun
The maga can see vis, still in its natural form, for as long as the spell remains active. Enchanted items and vis that has been moved won’t show up. Cecilio’s sigil flecks her eyes with what appears to be copper.
Base 1 +4 vision +2 sun.

Banana Slice-CrHe-20
R: Touch T: Group+2 D:Mon, Ritual
The maga fills an area with up 1000 cubic paces worth of dried, sweetened sliced bananas. This exotic fruit from the far, far east is both delicious and nutritious. And since they come dried, the large quantity of the fruit keeps for a long time. Cecilio’s sigil manifests in a slight coppery taste which she says adds flavor.

Familiar Bond Powers:
Ward Against Minor Flames ReIg-19 Constant
R: Touch T: Ind D: Sun
The Maga gains immunity to heat and fire that inflicts less than +5 fire damage, and +5 soak against heat.
Base 4+1 touch +2 sun +4 levels Constant

Oooh! Nice, very anime-like :smiley:

You might want to consider trading Infernal Stigmata for (Form) Monstruosity (Animal) to represent that, and/or maybe shifting one of your virtue for Magical Blood: Animal or Puissant Sense of Smell.

Methinks something's wrong somewhere. Range seems OK, as does Duration, but Target: Hearing??
I guess it's an error and you meant ReCo base 5, +2 Sun?

Nice spells and items, otherwise.

Sweet. Changed the target. My plan was taking the Magical Blood Virtue. Anyway here was my advancement plan for the first (and only) cycle:

Year 1
Study Creo (+10xp, 65xp total)
Invent: Gaze of Pain (+1 Creo xp 66 total, +1 ig xp 22 total)
Adventure!
Adventure! Acquire Magical Blood (Wolf), 10xp spent from Independent Study Virtue
Year 2
Recover from Adventure. (A.K.A. Miss a season).
Study Ig (+10xp 32 tot)
Study Ig (+10xp 42 tot)
Bind Familiar: Purity
Year 3
Teach Purity Latin (+1xp Teaching, +1 xp Magic Lore, Q17, Teaching (Single Students) 0 (1), Magic Lore (wolves) 0 (1))
Teach Purity Latin (+1xp Teaching, +1 xp Magic Lore, Q18)
Teach Purity Magic Theory (+1xp Teaching, +1 xp Magic Lore, Q18)
Create the Corpse Wand (+1 M.T. +1 Corpus
Year 4
Study Hunting 10xp
Study Hunting/survival 5 xp each
Study Survival 10 xp (15xp survival total, 15xp hunt total.)
Write Tract, Magic Theory (+1xp magic Theory +1xp Scribe)
Year 5
Study Parma Magic (+10xp, 15 total, Parma 2)
Study Intellego (+10xp, 31 total)
Study Corpus (+10xp, 32 total, Co 7)
Invent: Hear Their Pain (+1 In xp, +1 Co xp 32/33 total)
Year 6:
Study Rego (+10xp 31 total, 7 Rego)
Invent Walk on Air (+1 Re xp, +1 Co xp 32/34 total)
Study Faerie Lore (+10 xp)
Invent Banana Slices (+1 He xp, +1 Cr xp 4/67 total)
Year 7
Finish Banana Slices (+1 He xp, +1 Cr xp 5/68 total)
Enchant Organ Preserving Needle
Write out lab texts, Corpse Wand, Organ Extraction Knife, Hear Their Pain, Gaze of Pain, Walk on Air
Party! 10xp Carouse

Next is stating out the familiar. A lot of these lab values are close. But I'm pretty sure it all works out. I'll write out the familiar or at least a suggestion. The idea was a purifying fire type deal. Burns up demons and the like. (Stupid demons). To typing up a familiar! Oh and warping. Let's go with... seven. IIRC, you only take warping from a longevity rituals and another mandatory point a cycle mandatory? However, between the Faerie Queen of Ice, Blood and Sand (from Cecilio's story flaw, actually that isn't clear), the time with wolves and her Boni mother experimenting it seems like a good number.

I Never did pick out the starting spells. These are all from core.
Starting Spells
The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch – CrCo-20 (+18) Mastery 1, Life-Linked Ritual: Pg 129 Core
Gentle Touch of the Purified Body - CrCo-20 (+18) Mastery 1, Life-Linked Ritual: Pg 129 Core
Purification of the Festering Wound – CrCo-20 (+18) Mastery 1, Penetration: Pg 129 Core
Lift the Dangling Puppet – ReCo-15 (+14) Mastery 1, Multiple Casting: Pg 134 Core
The Gift of Vigor – ReCo-20 (+14) Mastery 1, Ceremonial Casting: Pg 134 Core
Intuition of the Forest – InHe-10 (+9) Mastery 1, Introspective Casting
Shriek of the Impending Shafts – InHe 15 (+9) Mastery 1, Ceremonial Casting
Heat of the Searing Forge – CrIg 10 (+18) Mastery 1, Multiple Casting
Leap of Fire – ReIg 10 (+14) Mastery 1, Precise Casting
Wizard’s Sidestep ReIm 10 (+10) Mastery 1, Fast Casting

Familiar time:
So this is more or less given as an example of how I would represent the familiar’s stats. If you guys feel lazy you can use it as starting point or just take it wholesale, but since its not my maga/companion my assumption is you might want to stat it up yourselves/as a troupe/whatever.
I tried to keep the qualities from HoH: Mystery Cults to a minimum, but some are kind of mandatory for wolfiness. Oh and the two reduced might inferiorities save me a couple seasons of Ig study, but I can shuffle seasons around easy.
Key Points: It’s a wolf. It talks. Has a fire blast that burns infernal might as well, but can avoid bystanders because otherwise Cecilio would have been roasted. Immune to fire. Heat aura.

Familiar
Name:Purity – a wolf of purifying flame
Season: Spring Base Might: 15 Base Size: -1

Non-magical Qualities: Thick Fur, Keen Sense of Smell, Sharp Ears
Natural Weapons: Teeth Init: +0 Atk: +3 Dfn: +1 Dam: +1
Characteristics: Int+2 Per:+0 Str: -1 Sta+2 Prs:-2 Com+3 Dex+2 Qik+1
Confidence 1 (3)
Magical Qualities: Improved Characteristics2, Gift of Speech, Greater Power1, Personal Power3, Improved Power, Improved Abilities3, Improved Fatigue, Ritual Power
Magic Inferiorities: Reduced Might*2
Virtues: Greater Immunity (Fire), Unaffected By Gift, Good Teacher, Second Sight, Arcane Lore, Sharp Ears
Flaws: Outsider (wolves), Hatred: Demons (Minor), Magical Friend, Motion Sickness, Ignem Monstrosity, Slow Power (Blood of the Mother)
Notes: The Ignem Monstrosity shows itself in extreme body heat that can be felt radiating off the creature. In rain or snow steam will waft off its fur. Occasionally sparks will flicker from the creature’s mouth such as when it’s laughing or howling.

Abilities (320xp): Brawl (teeth) 5, Awareness (smell) 3, Athletics (running) 4, Hunt (by smell) 4, Survival (forests) 3, High German (Swiss) 3, Area Lore: Rhine (Forests), Second Sight (demons) 3 Penetration (Ig) 2 Finesse (Avoiding Bystanders) 1

Powers:
Blood of the Mother,
3 points, Init-8, Vim
R: Touch D: Mom T: Ind, Ritual
This power only be used on those under the care of the wolf. In an act of will and power the wolf smears a bit of blood on the recipient’s body. The target is granted the virtue Magical Blood: Animal, (Wolf). In addition to the might pool costs this costs three confidence points to cast. (This is instead of reducing might score.)
No Hermetic Equivalent: Ritual Power +2 mastery points to reduce cost. Based off Grant (minor virtue) RoP: M pg 39 with some flavor added by cutting out some options.

Heart of Fire
0 Pints, Constant (Init-1), Creo Ignem (Rego) -30,
R: Touch D: Constant T: Ind
The wolf’s heart and blood seethe with the power of fire, radiating into the body and finally the surrounding environment. The wolf is capable of directing the heat not to touch those it favors, but should the wolf wish it those nearby will face searing heat. Only the most flammable substances will start on fire, but flesh will blister and burn. Anyone engaged in melee with the wolf takes +5 damage each time they attack or are attacked by the wolf in melee regardless of the success of the attack. Outside of combat the aura of heat is about the size of a bonfire.
Base 4 +1 touch +2 sun +1 constant + 1 rego req, size+1 15 levels spent to reduce cost

Purifying Lances
0 Points, Init-2, CrIg(PeVi)
R: Sight D: Mom T: Ind
The wolf let’s forth a howl and three bolts of fire streak forth from the wolf’s mouth toward any target or targets the creature can see. Normally these bolts have a high arc through the sky, but it isn’t mandatory. Sometimes the bolts appear to transform themselves into a flaming imp, or demonic face before striking the target. That only happens when an unlucky, invisible demon gets caught by the bolt of fire.

Against most creatures the effect is bad enough each bolt that strikes inflicting +20 damage. Demons have it even worse losing 20 might for each bolt that penetrates through their resistance. The wolf can divide the bolts however it chooses. Finally the wolf’s penetration score is increased by two when calculating the penetration of the flames.
Base 15+3 sight, +2 req, 10 levels to reduce cost, 2 Mastery Points to get a Mastery Score of 2, Multiple Casting, Penetration.

Hands of the Magical Animal
0 Points, Init+0, Ignem(?)
As from Realms of Power: Magic Page 39

Nice.

You meant Creo Ignem, I guess? :wink:

Hum...
PeVi reduces the target's Might Score by the (base) level of the spell + 2 magnitudes. So, for a base 15 PeVi spell, 25.

I can understand you feeling that this is too powerful, or too much (I'm not a great fan of the "add 1 magnitude to a lvl 20 spell to have 2 lvl 20 ones" school of thought myself), but, IMO, this is an appropriate combination.
May I suggest, for simplicity's sake, raising the Might damage to 20?

Right, and right. I totally derped on both of those. I think 20 might damage makes the most sense so it goes with the 20 regular damage. Vim has been changed to Ig. This is my plan for Purity's education.

Purity post Creation Advancement
This starts at year 3 of my maga’s advancement.
Year 3
Learn MT from Cecilio. 17M.T. Xp
Learn MT from Cecilio 18M.T. xp
Learn MT from Cecilio 50 M.T. xp total
Assist in Lab (1 M.T., 1 Finesse)
Year 4
Practice Latin (5 Latin xp)
Year 5
Practice Artes Liberales (5 Artes xp)
Year 6
Practice Order of Hermes Lore (5xp)
Year 7
Party! (5 carouse xp)

And then the final scores in her abilities.
Final Abilities
Abilities: Brawl (teeth) 5, Awareness (smell) 3, Athletics (running) 4, Hunt (by smell) 4, Survival (forests) 3, High German (Swiss) 3, Area Lore: Rhine (Forests), Second Sight (demons) 3 Penetration (Ig) 2 Finesse (Avoiding Bystanders) 1 (10xp), Magic Theory (Inventing Spells) 4 (55xp) Latin (Hermetic Usage) 3 (40xp) Order of Hermes Lore (Familiars) 1 (5xp), Artes Liberales (writing systems) 1, Carouse (party tricks) 1

Next I should calculate the final abilities for Cecilio and make sure all the lab totals are good.

Let us discuss possible opening ideas for how the character gets introduced to our saga.

If the City of Brass is going to contain Faerie the obvious tie in would be the Queen of Ice, Blood and Sand. Only two groups of Hermetic Magi in the city? They'd have to meet. Of course, if the City of Brass isn't a Faerie city it wouldn't make as much sense.

I mean, come on!

With a name like that, surely, there's a reason you might, say, be lost in the midst of the desert, or captive of some jinn, or searching for the city :wink:

Okay I actually added up the lab totals at each point and went through the whole plan again. I found a few mistakes and omissions the two major(ish) ones: Inventive Genius doesn't appear to add to familiar bonding which left me two Ig short. I spent some xp from the Independent Study bonus xp. Second was I never actually invented the Vis Hunt Spell. That ended up replacing the last season of partying.

Oh and just to make sure: The xp from Independent study and similar virtues is spent through out the cycles yes?
Pretty much everything else was forgetting exposure experience.
Thus the final chart of activities through the years is:
Year 1
Study Creo (+10xp, 65xp total)
Invent: Gaze of Pain (+1 Creo xp 66 total, +1 ig xp 22 total)
Adventure!
Adventure! Acquire Magical Blood (Wolf), 10xp spent from Independent Study Virtue
Year 2
Recover from Adventure. (A.K.A. Miss a season).
Study Ig (+10xp 32 tot)
Study Ig (+10xp 55 tot, 10Ig) – +Spend 13 from Independent Study
Bind Familiar: Purity (+1 Ig, +1 Creo xp)
Year 3
Teach Purity Latin (+1xp Teaching, +1 xp Magic Lore, Q17, Teaching (Single Students) 0 (1), Magic Lore (wolves) 0 (1))
Teach Purity Latin (+1xp Teaching, +1 xp Magic Lore, Q18)
Teach Purity Magic Theory (+1xp Teaching, +1 xp Magic Lore, Q18)
Create the Corpse Wand (+1 M.T. +1 Corpus)
Year 4
Study Hunting 10xp
Study Hunting/survival 5 xp each
Study Survival 10 xp (15xp survival total, 15xp hunt total.)
Write Tract, Magic Theory (+1xp magic Theory +1xp Scribe)
Year 5
Study Parma Magic (+10xp, 15 total, Parma 2)
Study Intellego (+10xp, 25 total)
Study Corpus (+10xp, 32 total, Co 7)
Invent: Hear Their Pain (+1 In xp, +1 Co xp 26/33 total)
Year 6:
Study Rego (+10xp 31 total, 7 Rego)
Invent Walk on Air (+1 Re xp, +1 Co xp 32/34 total)
Study Faerie Lore (+10 xp)
Invent Banana Slices (+1 He xp, +1 Cr xp 4/68 total)
Year 7
Finish Banana Slices (+1 He xp, +1 Cr xp 5/69 total)
Enchant Organ Preserving Knife(+1 Cr, +1 Co xp)
Invent Vis Hunt (+1 In, +1 Vi xp)
Write out lab texts, Corpse Wand, Organ Extraction Knife, Vis Hunt, Hear Their Pain, Gaze of Pain, Walk on Air (+1 Scribe, +1 Latin xp)
Spend Last of Independent Study xp +2 Teaching +2 Magic Lore +1 He +2 Vi

Here are the lab totals
Inventing Gaze of Pain Total=Cr(10)+Ig(6)+Int(2)+MT(6)+Aura(5)+Inventive Genius (3)=32
Bonding Purity Total=Cr(11)+Ig(10)+MT(6)+Int(2)+Aura(5)=34
Enchanting Corpse Wand Cr(11)+Co(6)+MT(6)+Int(2)+Purity(6)+Aura(5)+Material and Form(5)+Inventive(3)=44
Invent Hear Their Pain Total=In(6)+Co(7)+MT(6)+Int(2)+Purity(6)+Aura(5)+Inventive Genius(3)+Co Spec(2)=38
Invent Walk on Air Total=Re(7)+Co(7) )+MT(6)+Int(2)+Purity(6)+Aura(5)+Inventive Genius(3)+Co Spec(2)=38
Invent Banana Slices Total=Cr(11)+He(2)+MT(6)+Int(2)+Purity(6)+Aura(5)+Inventive Genius(3)=35
Enchant Organ Preserving Knife Total=Cr(11)+Co(7)+MT(6)+Int(2)+Purity(6)+Aura(5)+ Co Spec(2)+Inventive(3)=42
Inventing Vis Hunt Total=In(6)+Vim(2)+Int(2)+Mt(6)+Purity(6)+Aura(5)+Inventive(3)=30

Here are the final abilities, spells and artes for Cecilio

Abilities:
Charm (women) – 2 (15)
Brawl (Dodge) – 2 (15)
Athletics – 2 (15)
Magic Theory (Experimentation) – 4+2 (52)
Latin (Lab Texts) – 5 (76)
Finesse (beauty) – 1 (5)
Profession: Scribe (Lab Texts) – 1 (7)
Parma Magic (Vim) – 2 (15)
Teaching (Familiars) – 1 (5)
Magic Lore (Wolves) – 1 (5)
Hunting (Smell) - 2 (15)
Survival (Forest) - 2 (15)

Artes
Creo: 11 (69) Intellego: 6 (27) Muto: 0 (0) Perdo; 0 (0) Rego: 7 (32)
An: 0 (0) Aq 0 (0) Au: 0 (0) Co: 6 (21) He: 3 (6) Ig: 10 (56) Im: 2 (3) Me: 2 (3) Te: 0 (0) Vi: 3 (6)

Known Spells
The Chicurgeon’s Healing Touch – CrCo-20 (+20) Mastery 1, Life-Linked Ritual: Pg 129 Core
Gentle Touch of the Purified Body - CrCo-20 (+20) Mastery 1, Life-Linked Ritual: Pg 129 Core
Purification of the Festering Wound – CrCo-20 (+20) Mastery 1, Penetration: Pg 129 Core
Lift the Dangling Puppet – ReCo-15 (+16) Mastery 1, Multiple Casting: Pg 134 Core
The Gift of Vigor – ReCo-20 (+16) Mastery 1, Ceremonial Casting: Pg 134 Core
Intuition of the Forest – InHe-10 (+11) Mastery 1, Introspective Casting
Shriek of the Impending Shafts – InHe 15 (+11) Mastery 1, Ceremonial Casting
Heat of the Searing Forge – CrIg 10 (+23) Mastery 1, Multiple Casting
Leap of Fire – ReIg 10 (+19) Mastery 1, Precise Casting
Wizard’s Sidestep ReIm 10 (+11) Mastery 1, Fast Casting
Gaze Of Pain CrIg 15 (+21) Mastery 1, Multiple Casting: Custom Spell
Hear Their Pain-InCo 15 (+15) Mastery 1, Introspective Casting: Custom Spell
Walk on Air-ReCo-15 (+16) Mastery 1, Precise Casting: Custom Spell
Vis Hunt InVi -15 (+11) Mastery 1, Ceremonial Casting: Custom Spell
Banana Slices CrHe – 20 (+17) Mastery 1, Life-Linked Ritual: Custom Spell

Finally, updated virtues and flaws:

Virtues: Inventive Genius, Flawless Magic, Good Teacher, Self-Confident, Imbued with Spirit of Corpus, Unaging (Faerie), Cautious Sorcerer, Independent Study, Magical Blood (Wolf, Keen Sense of Smell, From Adventure)
Notes/Details: The wolf blood expresses itself in a handful of features. She has wolf ears on the top of her head, and a wolf's tail. Strangely her nose is the part with heightened senses, being that of a wolfs. Her appearance is frozen at age 21 although most people would guess just a touch older.

Flaws: Weak Scholar, Unbearable to Demons, Infernal Stigmata (numerous small cuts), Compassionate (minor), Plagued by Supernatural Entity, Generous (Major)
Notes/Details: The Plagued by Supernatural Entity is supposed to represent the contact with the Queen of Ice, Blood and Sand. The Queen isn't actively malicious but she is more than willing to sweep up Cecilio to where ever, or invite her to a ball/dance/party/ceremony. As she is a Faerie these end up in one sort of adventure or another. Cecilio sees the Queen as sort of a decent friend if a bit odd. More to the point she does tend to go to events when invited or help when needed.

Alright then so it doesn't get lost in the massive wall of stats:

Ideas for getting involved

1. City of Brass. As fixer pointed out it goes really well. Some possibilities.
    a) She is on the way and meets the party. She was asked to go there by the Queen.
    b) She is already there and they meet. Either with a similar objective (The group is trying to rescue a king? Rescue the Queen too!) or is currently free. (The guests from the three day feast are leaving) or when she is more or less free to assist.
    c) Basically anything else.

2. Applicant to Join Covenant. She wants to get away from the Rhine and I'm sure Andorra has developed into a decent place with a good reputation. She's a Boni who has already invented a pack of spells and wants to get into research. The Covenant can get the benefits of the new spells and potential research, plus the seasons of service at the cost of lab equipment.

3. Asking the Covenant house Purity for a bit while she does healing work. Purity is the kind of familiar that might make the uneducated masses think hellhound. She radiates heat, breathes fire, talks etc. Combined with the Gift its probably a good way to get burned at the stake. I mean, they probably wouldn't get burned at the stake, but someone might try and that would just end in bloodshed. Counter productive. A little talking with Purity and they discover she's between covenants and offer a slot.

4. Asking the Library to house her books. Effectively it would be a book donation, but the Covenant would need to allow visitors access when convenient for the Covenant. (Not the visitor.)Again a bit of conversation and she is offered a place.

Alright the final thing sheet wise I have to do is the "mustering out" stage.
For that I was going to dump most of it in the lab. I spent seven pawns of vis on the familiar bond leaving 14 or 56 qp to spend. (The enchanted items were free with the Imbued with Spirit of Corpus, if I understand the rules?)
Gonna Dump most of that into the lab, here it the lab:
2 refinement (20qp)
Extensive Stores (10qp)
Greater Feature: +3 experimentation, +2 Aesthetics (20qp)
Greater Focus: +4 experimentation, -2 general quality
I also get excessive lighting and excessive heating for free? (And with Purity I don't see how I could avoid excessive heating...), but with -1 upkeep instead of the normal increase?
And dedicated building, and superior construction?
Finally, adding in the corpus specialties from the enchanted items?
That leaves the end result as
+7 exp, +4 safety, +2 ig, +4 co, +4 aesthetics, -1 health? Everything else as 0?

Oh and 18 silver worth of mundane wealth. (6qp) Fancy clothes, exotic fruit and jewelry?

If everything mechanically is good I'll post a thread with the sheets and such.

So any comments on getting my character into the game? Preferred ideas? I think fixer is voting for city of Brass...

If I can get these guys in the actual city. It feels like pulling teeth lately.
At a glance, things seem fabulous. I want to find a quicker way to get you in the game though. CoB is taking waaaaay to long I feel.

Probably a pretty quick way to get her on board is her going to the covenant and asking them to house her books. Or asking them to house her books AND applying to the covenant. Gives a connection and gets her talking to the other magi.

Since you created them yourself and they use Corpus Vis, yes! :smiley:

Sorry, don't remember, no time :-/

Whatever you feel most comfortable with, really.
CoB is an easy possibility, but if you prefer something else, go!

What if you're at Pyramids, wanting to go into the CoB to retrieve something for the queen? Meet the PCs there?

That works :slight_smile:

I assembled the character sheets and other mechanical stuff in one thread because this one was getting cluttered. Anyway, should I just make a post in chapter IV?