Dies Irae cover now up

Ooh the Dies Irae cover is now up!

Do we have any information about who/which are the threats? is the ToC up?

Status Update: Mark is now giggling uncontrollably.

We have this:

Indulging in speculation, I'd judge that two of the four threats certainly look to me to be the Muspelli (wizards serve the terrible powers that ruled the world at the dawn of time + there's a giant in the cover art) and the Criamon (Others would take everyone to a glorious new existence, careless of whether they want to go).

I vaguely remember something about the Black Death being covered too...but I can't seem to find the quote...

Nevermind, I might have dreamt it...

Yay!--\o/

Every time I saw this thread's title from the corner of my eye, I read it as Dies Irae cover-up.

Which proves, that I have played Ars Magica too long. :smiley:

Cheers

LOL. I can sympathize. I went to an exhibit of Greek antiquities at the Canadian Museum of History this past summer. Some of the first objects in the walk-through were fertility fetishes. Of course the first thought that popped into my head was "I wonder if they still have vis in them." :blush: :blush: :blush:

Best AM5 cover ever. Beautiful :slight_smile:

I'm getting anxious for this book, can't wait to have it. :slight_smile:

Although, and I'm totally fishing, I wouldn't mind hearing more of what folks thought about Lands of the Nile.

-Ben.

Any news..?

In answer to my own question...

I got a shipping notification mail. Looks like author copies are on their way.

My copy arrived today from Amazon. Scary stuff.

I believe the etiquette is to post something from inside the book. So...page 9 starts with a quote:

It seems an appropriate end to the line.

I can confirm this is, indeed, the text on that page.

I have my copy in hand, as well. :slight_smile:

-Ben.

I know I shouldn't, but this book being what it is makes me feel like you guys' enthusiasm is somehow ominous. Like, maybe the real cataclysm this book covers is that it will tell the players how to bring the elements of Ars Magica into reality, and the cataclysm is for the real world rather than our game worlds. :confused:

So Trump is Atlas' fault? :unamused:

That'll probably be one of the few things a sudden introduction of Ars physics into our world would actually fix... A perfect and just God wouldn't allow Trump to rule... :laughing:

Actually, does this board have rules about politics? Crap, run, or we'll get Marched!

More seriously though, I am super excited for this book. I've been trying with mixed success to run post- or mid-apocalypse games on my own, some guidance would be excellent.

Just build a wall and make the Jotuns pay for it.

I laughed.

Oooh, I can't wait to get my hands on this book!