1223.4 Once More Unto the Breach

((Brionne would LOVE to have a spell like that on him, even if it Warps him even more))

((For Brione: CT 62 + die roll of 8 = 70, halved is 35, which is good for Size +6 (which is 22'-28'...call it 25'?). Oh, and have a chocolate chip Warping Point.))

Brionne is... now too large for the Blacksmith's demesne....and cannot fit through the door to get out. I'll leave it up to Peregrine as to Fiona would really make him that size...

((Ah. Yeah, Fiona's been there enough to know that 22' is about as much as the doors can handle. So, let's go for 20' tall, which is Size +5. That would make it a Spell Level 30, which still grants a Warping Point.))

Falko and Jehanne both went with Fiona/Marcus earlier in the thread, and were embiggened at the time ... so they can get embiggened too - Tranquillina will defer to the military experts on this.

((Falko gets 62 + (die roll of 1, followed by die roll of 2, for a 4) = 66, halved is 33. Size +5 and a Warping Point.

((Jehanne gets 62 + (die roll of 1 and a die roll of 3, for a 6) = 68, halved is 34. Ditto.))

[color=blue]"It would probably be a good idea if you were about the same size as everyone else," Fiona says. [color=blue]"The locals don't care for humans much, I gather." Fiona pauses for a second. [color=blue]"Although the spell does nudge you just a wee bit closer to Final Twilight," she continues, holding her thumb and forefinger tips about a quarter inch apart.

Ignitio looks on at everyone else getting bigger. "What about me?" His proportions probably require this being done just outside the Blacksmith's demesne. ((And Tranquillina riding a dragon might give someone pause to attack her, and might even be the impetus for Fiona's desire for a large Pegasus of stone...))

((It looks like it would be MuAn Base 4 ("Make a major change in a beast (for example, make a horse bigger...)"), R: Touch +1, D: Sun +2, T: Individual, for a target level of 15. Her CT would be Sta 3 + Mu 17 + An 7+7 + Aura 12 = 46 + die roll, halved, so probably around a 25 or so. If we continue the +1 magnitude per +1 size above the +1 for the base given by the spell, it's not looking promising. He's currently, what, Size -2? And the base spell would increase that to -1?))

Fiona studies Ignitio for a minute as she ponders. [color=blue]"Unfortunately, my knowledge of Animal is nowhere near my knowledge of Corpus. Even with my talent for transformation and the powerful Aura here, and discounting your resistance to magic, I might be able to make you about two or three times bigger than you are now. Um...how resistant are you to magic, anyway?"

((It'd be pretty cool to have a maga ride a dragon, true; but Tranquillina wouldn't really want to wrap her legs around a beast made of vis.... Also she probably wouldn't trust him to keep her safety as high in his mind as his own goals.))

((It seems to me that Diameter duration works the same way ... doesn't it? RoP:M page 20))

((All righty then, check this out....))
Tranquillina muses upon Fiona's words, then slowly nods. "I suppose we might as well present a united front. But I can tailor my own magic to myself more precisely than someone else can, without any harm." She goes outside where there's plenty of room (and away from all the vis-bearing folks) and casts a spontaneous self-embiggening spell, using loud words and gestures. ((Desired spell is Base level 3 for Size +1, rolling up for size; Personal, +1 Diameter, Individual. Sta -3 + Mu 9 + Co 27 + Talisman attunement (transform self) 4 + words/gestures 2 + aura 10 - Vis Allergy 1 + stress die 1/exploder 1/exploder 7 :astonished: = 76, halved is 38. That's an additional 7 magnitudes :open_mouth: for a final Size +8. No warping since it's self-cast.))

Tranquillina shoots up quickly until she is about 45 feet tall. She looks down at everybody else with undisguised surprise. "Um ... I seem to have overdone this." Her tone of voice sounds more satisfied than apologetic.

((Edited to add: I'm assuming that her talisman cloak grows along with her with no ill effects - otherwise there's no way she'd allow herself to be embiggened....))

((I think JL touched on this, but basically, the MuCo doesn't work on clothes. What we had done before is everyone stripped, Fiona cast her spell, and the Blacksmith made clothes for them. So...I guess everyone's getting an eyeful? :wink:

Also, isn't the Magic Realm more or less made of vis?))

((Vis isn't all over or present in everything. Whether Fiona has disclosed the vis manifests within her, is up to Fiona. I think she explained this to Isen, to some extent. But vis isn't anywhere.))
Ignitio looks at the giant, naked form of Tranquillina. "So, can you do that to me, since the true giant can't?" He offers the cutest puppydog look one has ever seen from something that looks like a dragon...

((Tracked it down, and she merely said that her reforging process consumed vis, but not how, nor that she currently contains half a rook of Corpus.))

((Hunh...as Fiona looks around between playing conductor and stuff, is there any sign of the Blacksmith, Jurgen, and/or Captivius? They haven't been shown in this thread yet, that I can tell...merely talked about.))

((Just hadn't gotten that far, yet.))

Tranquillina consoles herself, very mildly, by the fact that everyone is looking at her displaced image one pace away, and not directly at her. She hastily gets the Blacksmith to make some clothes for her, and ties her talisman cloak around her right wrist.
"Unfortunately no," she says to the tiny tiny dragon. "I am skilled only at transforming myself."

A voice familiar to Fiona comes out of nowhere, "That size may be a problem. While the Fire Giant that burned out my house is large, he's not that large. IF there are any structure or cave, you may find your size limits your ability to act." And then the Blacksmith is there, and appears to step from nowhere into the area outside his home.

Fiona grins at the Blacksmith. [color=blue]"She was a tad over-enthusiastic, wasn't she?"

She then makes quick introductions to everyone who hadn't been before, saving Isen for last. [color=blue]"When this affair is over, I believe you and he have a bit to discuss, if you find you have the time." She gives the Blacksmith a wink.

"Well, I don't share Apollodorus's predilections..."

((Can God spont a spell so big that even He cannot Unravel it? Coz Tranquillina just did....))
((And now I'm thinking about which events in the Bible were just Divine botches.... :blush: ))

Tranquillina understands the problem with her unexpected stature. The only thing she can think to do is wait a few minutes, then go back to Mons Electi so that the spell will expire on its own accord, then return to the Blacksmith's and cast it again, but with more control over the outcome. ((Desired spell is Base level 3 for Size +1, +4 magnitudes for Size +5; Personal, +1 Diameter, Individual, for a spell level of 20. Sta -3 + Mu 9 + Co 27 + Talisman attunement (transform self) 4 + aura 10 - Vis Allergy 1 + stress die 4 = 50, halved is 25.))

[color=blue]"For which I am extremely grateful," Fiona says with a smile.