1226.3a A friendly duel

((As a player, you should know that Marcus is played without guile. His actions here were more or less ordered or limited instructions [orders] from Ariel. He does truly want to determine the strength of Confluensis's Aegis. He is unable to penetrate without assistance, but he's not so obsessed with it, nor does he need it so much that he is willing to seek out confederates in the process. When an opportunity came up and a(n apparently) willing confederate showed up, he took the opportunity for what it was. Roberto can feel he was used, but Marcus won't see it that way at all. Of course, that creates all the juicy conflict that Tytalus magi love.))

Yes, but Roberto feels like he was tricked and is now embarrassed (though he won't admit it).

((To which I say, as SG: Muhahaha. I just want there to be a clear understanding of character intent.))

Marcus comes out of the Manor house (the bonfire needs to be on the mundane side to attract very many grogs).

"I like fire."

[color=brown]
Yup...

Fiona (wearing a simple knee-length dress with short sleeves and a deep neckline) comes out not too terribly long after the fire gets truly going (say, 20-30 minutes) and sits quietly at first, flask in hand. She flirts playfully with whomever's in the area (although if they respond strongly enough,she may make plans for a little later).

After a while, she shifts closer to Roberto and offers him her flask. [color=blue]"Want to talk about it?" she says quietly.

If there's fire - especially if there's Marcus making fire - then Falko will be there. A few other grogs, attracted by the prospect of food and wine, assemble around the bonfire too. Falko soon is singing songs, mostly in Flemish but with a few Bourgogne lines mixed in to get the crowd on his side. And with the quality of his voice, he needs to do everything he can to get the crowd on his side....

((It's Roberto's fire.))

Marcus is just out enjoying it.

[color=brown]nope...

"Want to fight about it?"

If you must fight, please do not tear up the grounds

Korvin's voice comes from outside the gathering. He is leading two servants carrying a medium sized cask and a short stool. Several other servants follow bearing many mugs. The cast is set on the stool and the top is genitally removed.

Foucaire has informed me that the first batch of our red wine has finally past his judgement. He allowed me to bring a bit up for testing. Then I hear we had a gathering out here. A little early for Samhain but we can drink to the moon and a good harvest.

He fills a very large mug for Fiona and takes it over to her.

[color=blue]"Fair enough," she says, and takes a drink from her flask. She doesn't move away just yet, but sits there watching everyone for a little while.

Then she gets up and moves in front of the fire, catching the eye of the best-looking guy there (or, if no hot guys, then the hottest woman, or Korvin since jebrick posted while I was writing this), and starts to sing. ((Com 2 + Music (Singing) 3 + die roll of 3 = 8. Not great, but not too shabby))

((Why do so many people do things with their genitals at this covenant? :laughing:))

[color=blue]"Thank you, Korvin," she says with a smile, then pats the ground next to her.

After a few sips, she leans over and whispers in his ear. [color=blue]"I hear that one way to ensure a good harvest is to make love in the fields."

((Did she hear that from Second Hand News?))

((I need to work on my spell checker :blush: ))

I have heard that as well. Looks thoughtfully at the fields. Just not the onions. The beans are looking a bit peckish.

((Oh, Fiona has no problem with Korvin doing things with his genitals. And if he's able to tap a cask of wine... :smiling_imp: ))

((She probably doesn't want them removed, though))

Roberto drinks a hearty draught from his wine cup, mutters something about the Virgin Mary in Spanish, and tosses it into the fire...
[color=brown]Creo!
It is a challenge to Certamen...

Marcus launches a half dozen Balls of Abysmal Flame into the air.
"Ignem."

Reckless Roberto's Relevant scores... :smiling_imp:
Quik +1, Presence +1, Perception +0, Intelligence +2, Stamina +2
Finesse 2, Penetration 2 (Creo), Parma Magica 5 (Ignem)
Creo 8, Ignem 13
Confidence 2 (11)
2 pawns of Ignem vis

Roberto draws a Certamen circle around the bonfire, muttering profanities and prayers in Spanish.

[color=red]Pinche wey! You know my terms!