Emulating Traditional Fantasy with WaRP

Here are a few questions I have come up with while thinking about using WaRP to emulate traditional Fantasy:

1. Would your 'race' be part of your concept like "Elvin Ranger" or a Trait like "Elf from the great Woods"?

2)How would you model a 2-weapon fighter in combat and would a Trait like "Master of the Florentine Style" be a narrow Trait?

1. For a low to medium level retro-clone fantasy type of setting, would “Clerical Powers” be a fair free-form magic (Fringe) power? If it is too broad, how many ‘powers’ would it take to replicate the ‘cleric’? Healing, Blessing, Sense/Turn Undead, etc.

2. Given that a sling (or slingshot) is X1 would a short bow be X2 and a long bow X3 for damage?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitch

Hi.
I have been thinking about this a little. I like the concept of leveraging the base of d20 magic spells that already exits. I think using the standard fringe powers will work well for hedge magicians. For incorporation of the d20 magic class spell casting charts and level effects I have developed this.

All mages choose a fringe power trait that defines their magic. This trait determines the dice pool for casting magic. It allows them to learn all level 0 spells available to their class. Spells are contested by the appropriate defender trait. Damage is determined as usual. Damage multiples by spell level are: 0:X1 1:X2 2:X3 3:X4 4:X5 5:X5 6:X6 7:X6 8:X7 9:X7

Trait dice[tab][/tab]Highest spell level castable[tab][/tab]DF per spell level [tab][/tab]Central Trait Caster Level[tab][/tab]Side Trait Caster Level
1 die..........cantrips and 1 level spells...................DF 4...........................3...............................2
2 dice.........2 and 3 level spells...........................DF 7...........................7...............................5
3 dice.........4 and 5 level spells...........................DF 11.........................12..............................9
4 dice.........6 and 7 level spells...........................DF 14.........................16..............................12
5 dice.........8 and 9 level spells...........................DF 18+........................20..............................15

Central trait mages use side trait choice costs for all magic schools. Group schools into 3 school magical knowledge blocks. Each side trait choice provides 3 spell levels of knowledge for the chosen block and costs 5 dice per block. Spells are learned individually in the game.

Side trait mages use side trait choice costs for all magic schools. Group schools into 2 school magical knowledge blocks. Each side trait choice provides 2 spell levels of knowledge for the chosen block and costs 5 dice per block. Spells are learned individually in the game.

T o expand the range of armor and shields into a more traditional fantasy range:

Soft leather armor: d2
Hard leather armor: d3
Scale armor: d3+1
Banded armor: d6
Chain armor: d6+1
Half plate armor: d6+d3
Full plate armor: 2d6

Small shield: d2
Medium shield: d3
Large shield: d3+1

Open faced helmet: +1
Full helm: d2

Dexterity/finesse penalty of -1 per d2 of armor and shield. Reduce this by 1 per die of the highest fighting trait the character possesses.
All armors are complete. Triple penalty for each layer of additional armor.

I'm very interested in this type of conversion as well. Can anyone point to a resource on how to rate the level of new spells? I believe I have all the OtE books, but I don't recall any having much on the topic.