1220.2 Remains Of Those Who Came Before (Onesiphorus season)

[color=green]"My name is Wilhelm. I have come to these lands with the magus Silviatos, but I make my home in these woods," he says as he waves his hand to encompass the entire forest.

Wilhelm is a slender, boyish-looking and clean-shaven man with short, unevenly-cut blond hair, and dressed in soft leather shirt, leggings, and boots. He carries himself with the air of one who is completely at ease in his current surroundings. He also has a knife and axe at his side, and an unstrung bow and a quiver full of arrows over his back.

[color=green]"Have you seen the other groves yet?"

As the woodcutter hits the ground, Wilhelm will spring over to be sure he's still alive. If so, he will leave him to the ministrations of one better suited to the healing arts than him, and turn his attention to the tree, examining it minutely.

He's breathing, but unconscious. It appears his arm is broken, based on the odd direction it is bent.

Onesiphorus also rush towards the man on the ground, keel besides him and touches his hand while casting Physician’s eye to determine the nature of the man’s injuries. How far are we from the covenant and how long would it take to walk back and to fly back with the same speed as a gentle breeze (perhaps 3m/s or 360m/diameter)?

You'll have to go over a hundred feet straight up, throught he canopy. It's at the lightest in this area, two or three average ease finesse+dex rolls would allow you to get through the canopy without incident. However, the woodcutter's arm needs to be splinted and stablized before anything can be done.

Wilhelm watches the magus warily as he examines the woodcutter - Wilhelm doesn't know any chirurgy or anything, so he doubts that he'd be much help.

As he watches, he sidles over closer to the bizarre tree until he's close enough to touch it.

There aren't any markings on the tree, no sign of where an axe might have struck it. The axe is imbedded in another tree across the clearing.

Onesiphorus ponders the problems at hand and curses his lack of spontaneous magic but thinks a good man must help himself. He casts the Physician’s eye to determine what the damages there are. Then he turns to Willhelm. I must try to get some help but for that I need to get some idea on how far we are from help and find whomever I can. Remain here and guard the man. Onesiphorus cast the gift of flight so the he can fly as fast as a breeze and then maintain the demanding spell then then flies towards the top of the canopy.
Casting the gift of flight: Casting total 15+ Voice and gesture 2+ 10 dice invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3244391/ = 27
Casting maintaining the demanding spell: Casting total 24 + 2 dice invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3244393/ = 26
Concentration roll: Int 3 + ability 2 + Dice 8 invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3244396/ = 13
Finesse roll 1: Finesse 1 + Dex 2 = 3 + Dice 8 invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3244398/ = 11
Finesse roll 2: Finesse 1 + Dex 2 = 3 + Dice 5 invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3244400/ = 8
Finesse roll 3: Finesse 1 + Dex 2 = 3 + Dice 4 invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3244401/ = 7

He has a badly broken arm, each of the major bones have breaks, but he is otherwise healthy. It is the equivalent of three medium wounds.

Navigating up through the canopy is difficult and Onesiphorous suffers two gashes to his arms (light wounds), but does get through the canopy. He is able to maintain concentration on the spell after getting through and gets back to Mont Beuvray in 30 minutes.

Wilhelm looks around the clearing, checking for a safe place to start a fire and that there's plenty of kindling and small branches to use in said fire. As he does, he calls up to Onesiphorus.

[color=green]"Herr Magus, perhaps we should start a signal fire to summon help." He would be surprised if the wizard heeds his advice...it would be just like a magus to take off at the first sign of difficulty andleave the woodsman to die from his wounds.

He will wait to see if Onesiphorus returns or replies. If he doesn't, he will quickly gather firewood (looking for some that will smoke a lot), clear a safe area, and start a signal fire.

Gathering up enough material, digging a fire pit occupies a lot of Willhelm's time. As she's ready to light the fire, the woodcutter comes to. "Oh, my arm, what happened?" he cries out in obvious discomfort.

By the way there is a porter here, that Onesiphorus brough with to carry things, he assisted with gathering materials for the fire, although he has no ability to splint the breaks in the woodcutter's arm, either.

Wilhelm looks over at the poor soul as he continues to gather wood or dig the firepit. [color=green]"You tried to cut the weird tree. It didn't go well." He looks skyward, in the direction of where Onesiphorus has gone. [color=green]"The magus, I think, has gone for help, and hopefully should be back soon." Wilhelm speaks in German, the only language he knows.

At this stage, he would have a French of 0 (4 xp), heck, move it up to 5, because at the end of the season he'll have 8 xp. This is based on the house rule I added regarding learning a language (French) of a specific area. It'll be enough to give him the gist of what's going on.

He nods understanding. He points to a tree and up, and based on his words, you get the sense he wants to lean up against a tree.

He's quite large, so give me a strength roll. Basically looking for a not botch (one botch die), if you decide to try and help him move to wherehe's indicated.

Wilhelm grabs the guy and moves him toward the tree. Str 0 + die roll of 4 =4.

With some effort Willhelm and the man manage to get him to a spot that is more comfortable.
"Danke." That's the extent of his German, by the way.

Wilhelm wants to say, "I can't do anything for your arm, though. Just try to keep in still until the magus returns."

With a score of 1 in French, though, he actually says, [color=green]"Be still, until magus returns."

Onesiphorus replies to Willhelm once he has managed to finish his casting of maintain the demanding spell. Excellent idea to start a fire. I will go to find some help. This way is faster. Onesiphorus takes off to go find some help.

Once at the covenant Onesiphorus ask the first servant or guard or other covenant employee if there is a healer nearby as there has been an accident in the forest.

The doctor is brought to Onesiphorus, and the pair return to the clearing as quickly as Arts may, or on foot. (If you can transport the doctor magically, he'll agree. If you go on foot, you can bring horses and a cart to help transport the woodcutter.)

Once in the clearing with the woodcutter the doctor sets the broken arm, "His arm is badly broken, we should take him back to the covenant and to Fiona who might be able to help heal him."

If everyone arrived on foot, it will be nearly dark by the time all this is done, people will have to camp for the evening.

Also, in order to better pace this story to conclusion, go ahead and state (and roll if in doubt) any actions you would take. Willhelm and another could get the woodcutter back to the covenant relatively easily while your character remains.

Onesiphorus will take the land route back with a horse and cart to help with the transport. He will cast the following spells:
Ease the warrior's suffering at the injured woodcutter so that he only get penalties that is one level lower from his wounds for the next moon.Lv. 5 casting total 14 + 0 from dice but no botch invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3266756/ = 14
During the travel to the woodcutter Onesiphorus will describe the injuries for the doctor so that he is certain of what sort of offer he should give the woodcutter for loss of income due to his injuries. Also he wish to know if the man will be fully restored or if any injuries will linger and cripple the man further in life.

The doctor indicates it's too soon to tell.

What does Onesiphorous plan to do about the tree?