1221.OoC

San Francisco is considered to be the birth place of Ciopinno, the dish Arya described.
There are numerous species of cod, cod denotes a genus.

Sorry, running a complete blank here, I only recognize Murion of Bonisagus. The other Primi are..?

Instatella-Mercere (Redcap, not Magical)
Andru-Jerbiton

I loved this. Just wanted to say :slight_smile:

Thanks! I was literally laughing out loud as I wrote it.

:laughing: excellent

When they wrote Lion & Lily, I wonder if they intended to describe Aristarchus as a bishounen. When I try to picture Aristarchus, I envision Aurora Shun, from Heat Guy J :stuck_out_tongue:

^^ This is the real reason L has a crush on the guy. The whole "only two Traditionalists in the entire Tribunal" thing is completely secondary :laughing:

How incredibly fortunate, then, that you just happen to have a herald in the group.

Luckily, France is more or less where "modern" heraldry started, in (I think) the eleventh and twelve centuries. Not so luckily, 1221 is still the early days of heraldry, and early heraldry tended to be simple geometric stuff).

For example: my own SCA coat of arms, which I went for early since my persona is mid-to-late 12th century French, is "Per chevron argent and Or, a chevron sable," a black chevron with white above and yellow below. The arms I came up with for the covenant in a tabletop ars campaign I was in years and years ago was "Vert, a pale wavy argent," or a green field with a white wavy stripe down the middle.

For Mons Electi's coat of arms, here's what I came up off of the top of my head in my Chamber of Concentration (best I can do at the moment, with all my resources still packed away in one of my...seventeen boxes of books stacked up in my bedroom (I think I have it narrowed down to one of eight?).

"Vert, semy of mullets and in base a mount or."

A green field, the bottom part is a yellow mountain and there are five-pointed stars strewn over the field. I was thinking that the number of stars would correspond to the current number of magi (currently seven, but could be ten after the Spring 1222 meeting).

How does that sound?

If that meets with enough approval, or we come up with something better, I'll print out a "submission form", sketch out the design, unpack my crayola markers (which I know where they are, if they've not dried out) and post something somewhere. Maybe on Obsidian Portal.

What is the Mons Electi sigil? Founder's sigils?

I don't think it's ever come up.

Casting or voting?

Re: new house rule of fixing Arcane Connection.

Does Fiona, then, have time to fix the three AC she got from Insula Canaria during the summer?

Yes.

Um...gah?

You do realize this is not a good thing, right? Alexei will be tramping up to Florum with stops in Cunfin and other places escoring Murion around. This will kill any summer labwork you'd planned for him. Alexei may, of course, decline the honor.

Hence the 'gah'. Labwork will have to suffer I guess.

Well the gah was followed by a question mark. So I wasn't sure...

In the movie version of this saga, the camera abruptly cuts to the dinner table, where Laetitia is recounting this story.

Viscaria interjects, arms flailing and gesticulating wildly, "Wilhelm is a German! He's still got a german accent! C'mon, Alexi! Does Wilhelm sound like a French name to you? Oh, god, my ears are bleeding! They're bleeding! Oh, god, I'm dying from how stupid Alexi is!"

As she says this, her laughter like tinkling bells, she begins to pantomine a dramatic death scene.

"Oh, gods, I'm dying! Someone save me! Oh, god, it's like shoving this stale loaf of bread right through my heart!"

She starts jabbing herself in the chest with a bit of crusty bread.

"Oh, lords of summer, it's just so painfully inept. I mean, I can't.....ghkk.....urgk......kcrrkkk!"

She then feigns falling across the table, where she has an epileptic fit, which slowly dwindles to the occasional twitch.

The others watch this in silence until long moments pass without movement.

"And then what happened?"

I just died laffin' :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally made my fourteen hour work day a little bit better :slight_smile:

We aim t' please, ma'am.

~bows~

I was actually shouting some of that out at the screen when I read it.

loooooooool
excellent!!