1222-1227 OOC

Iaptus should be his name, Apollodorus trounced him in a certamen and sent him packing after he barged onto the covenant grounds, Maris basically took his place I believe, but i might have to review this a bit more.

EEEP! I see story arcs going up on the board! :smiley:

Duck and cover, my Bonisagus friend.:slight_smile:

Did you mean to double-post the Alabaster Lioness thread(s)?

MADNESS :exclamation: :smiley:

I used that as my basis. And I have revised and added and subtracted from the idea. Here is the latest draft of Roberto's cat :smiley:

Don Diaz (aka "Cidito"): Orange Tabby Tomcat
Magic Might: 9 (base 10, +3 unadjusted size of -3, -4 Reduced Might)
Season: Summer (360xp)
Characteristics: Int +1, Per +1, Com +0, Pre -2, Str -5, Sta +1, Dex +3, Quick +3
Size: -2
Confidence: 3 (7)
Virtues & Flaws: +3 Charmed Life (Luck), +1 Arcane Lore, +1 Large, +1 Puissant Brawl, +1 Self Confident, +1 Perfect Balance, +1 Puissant Awareness, +1 Sharp Ears; -3 Overconfident, -1 Carefree, -1 Disfigured, -1 Magical Friend, -1 Missing Eye, -1 Nocturnal, -1 Obese, -1 Reckless
Natural Qualities: Ambush Predator, Crafty, Good Jumper, Skilled Climber, Thick Fur
Magical Qualities & Inferiorities: +5 Personal Powers (x5), +3 Greater Immunity: Heat & Flames, +2 Improved Powers (x2), +2 Improved Damage (x2, claws), +1 Improved Abilities, +1 Gift of Speech, +1 Gift of Tongues, +1 Improved Confidence, +1 Improved Soak, +1 Tough, +1 Unaffected by the Gift; -4 Reduced Might, -1 Restricted Power; -1 Susceptible to Depravation
Personality Traits: Cocky +5, Curious +4, Cat* +3, Reckless +3, Timid +1
Reputations: Onery 2 (local)
Combat
Claws: Init +2, Atk +13. Def +14, Dmg +1
Teeth: Init +3, Atk +13, Def +11, Dmg -4
Soak: +8
Fatigue: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, KO
Wounds: -1 Lt (1-3), -3 Med (4-6), -5 Hvy (7-9), Incap (10-12), Dead (13+)
Abilities: (Native Language ?) 5 (??), Athletics 3 (jumping), Awareness 4+2 (night), Brawl 5+2 (claws), Carouse 2 (stay sober), Concentration 1 (powers), Charm 2 (wit), Finesse 2 (accuracy), Folk Ken 2 (covenfolk), Hunt 4 (birds), Leadership 2 (intimidation), Magic Lore 1 (beasts), Magic Theory 2 (assistant), Penetration 3 (Ignem), Stealth 4 (stalk)
Powers:
Radience of the Fiery Tomcat
0 points, Init +2, Ignem
Cidito can radiate heat by concentrating, with varying levels of intensity ranging from enough to warm a companion while sleeping, ambient enought to heat a small room, or as intense as to smoke & smolder and inflict +5 heat damage upon contact, or ignite something very flammable
CrIg10 (base 4, +1 Conc, +1 variable heat)
Personal Power (10 levels), Improved Power, 1pnt (-1 cost)
Cat like a Shadow
0 points, Init +2, Imaginem
R: Per, D: Conc, T: Ind
Cidito can become invisible and maintain it by concentrating.
PeIm10 (base 4, +1 Conc, +1 changing image)
Personal Power, 10 levels
Improved Power, 1pnt (-1 cost)
Cat's Eyes
0 points, Init +0, Imaginem
R: Per, D: Constant, T: Vision
Cidito can see clearly in the dark as well as light.
InIm30 (base 3, +2 Sun, +1 Constant, +4 Vision)
Personal Power, 30 levels
Improved Power, 3pnts (-3 cost)
Transportation of the Transient Tabby
4 points, Init -1, Animal
R: Per, D: Mom, T: Ind
El Gato Cidito can instantly tansport himself to any location that he can percieve or has an Arcane Connection with. The caveat is that he can only do this when unobserved.
ReAn35 (Base 35)
Personal Power (35 levels), Restricted Power
Always Land Safely
2 points, Init +1, Animal
R: Per, D: Constant, T: Ind
No matter what height or angle he falls or leaps from, even a botched jumping roll, Cidito always lands safely on his feet unharmed.
ReAn15 (base 4, +3 Constant)
Personal Power (15 levels), Improved Power, 2pnts (-2 cost)
Puffed Up and Hissing
R: Per, D: Diam, T: Ind
Cidito puffs up and increases size and strength by one point (to -1). This adds +1 to his wound incriments, and modifies his combat stats by +2 Damage & -1 Defense.
ReAn10 (base 4, +1 Diam, +1 can be cancelled)
Personal Power (10 levels), Improved Power (-1 cost)
The Proper Beast
0 points, Init +1, Animal
R: Per, D: Sun, T: Ind
Cidito can take on human-like features, such as being able to walk upright and hands that can use tools. But this is by no means a human form and he is still obviously a cat. Indeed, though unnatural, the change cannot be noticed unless he is walking upright or using his hand (or his paws are closly examined, think "Puss in Boots"). Even then, the power is dormant unless he activates it (as it expires and is not an automatic constant).
MuAn15 (base 5, +2 Sun)

IIRC, there is a power that some cats have to rub against something/someone and create an AC to that person/object. I think you want that if you are going to have the teleport power.

Read that part. Not a power at all. They just do it. They rub their heads against a person to "scent mark" them, using that as an Arcane Connection. The power in question is "Humans are Easilly Misplaced", it is an InCo power. In it, it references using scent as an AC. I suppose a cat could scent mark elsewhere as well (especially a tomcat that marks his territorry).
It seems opposite from how humans gather Arcane Connections. But that is how it is written. I myself would rule that it works special for cats. They can get an AC to an alley by "scent marking" it, a person cannot. A person can obtain an AC by taking something from the alley. A can cannot. No pockets :slight_smile:

[strike]Okay, dropped a few powers so I could raise his stats, making him as smart as Roberto. Cannot find how to make an AC using magic, unless it would be CrVi (base 3, taint something with magic). I could drop another power and go that route if you guys want. The scent marking thing, I seem to recall, started a debate between Erik D and Timothy F. On the boards somewhere. Maybe rubbing it's heat is used to capture the essence of the target to create an AC naturally. In such a case, tomcat spraying would not function for AC's to a place or item.

Here is the third, and hopefully final, draft. If approved, I will post Roberto's revised seasonal plan. Everything is the same up and through Tribunal. Then one season binding with Cidito, then two seasons of bond enchantment, then the Alabaster Lioness thread.

Magic Might: 9 (base 10, +3 unadjusted size of -3, -4 Reduced Might)
Characteristics: Int +2, Per +1, Com +1, Pre -2, Str -5, Sta +1, Dex +3, Quick +3
Confidence: 3 (7)
Virtues & Flaws: +3 Charmed Life (Luck), +1 Improved Characteristics, +1 Large, +1 Puissant Brawl, +1 Self Confident, +1 Perfect Balance, +1 Puissant Awareness, +1 Sharp Ears; -3 Overconfident, -1 Carefree, -1 Disfigured, -1 Magical Friend, -1 Missing Eye, -1 Nocturnal, -1 Obese, -1 Reckless
Natural Qualities: Ambush Predator, Crafty, Good Jumper, Skilled Climber, Thick Fur
Magical Qualities & Inferiorities: +4 Personal Powers (x4), +3 Greater Immunity: Heat & Flames, +2 Improved Powers (x2), +2 Improved Damage (x2, claws), +1 Arcane Lore, +1 Improved Abilities, +1 Gift of Speech, +1 Gift of Tongues, +1 Improved Confidence, +1 Improved Soak, +1 Tough, +1 Unaffected by the Gift; -4 Reduced Might, -1 Restricted Power; -1 Susceptible to Depravation
Personality Traits: Cocky +5, Curious +4, Cat* +3, Reckless +3, Timid +1
Combat
Claws: Init +2, Atk +13. Def +14, Dmg +1
Teeth: Init +3, Atk +13, Def +11, Dmg -4
Abilities: (Native Language ?) 5 (??), Athletics 3 (jumping), Awareness 4+2 (night), Brawl 5+2 (claws), Carouse 2 (stay sober), Concentration 1 (powers), Charm 2 (wit), Finesse 2 (accuracy), Folk Ken 2 (covenfolk), Hunt 4 (birds), Leadership 2 (intimidation), Magic Lore 1 (beasts), Magic Theory 3 (Ignem), Penetration 2 (Ignem), Stealth 4 (stalk)
Powers:
0 points, Init +2, Ignem
Cidito can radiate heat by concentrating, with varying levels of intensity ranging from enough to warm a companion while sleeping, ambient enought to heat a small room, or as intense as to smoke & smolder and inflict +5 heat damage upon contact, or ignite something very flammable
CrIg10 (base 4, +1 Conc, +1 variable heat)
Personal Power (10 levels), Improved Power, 1pnt (-1 cost)
Cat like a Shadow
0 points, Init +2, Imaginem
Cidito can become invisible and maintain it by concentrating.
PeIm10 (base 4, +1 Conc, +1 changing image)
Personal Power, 10 levels
Improved Power, 1pnt (-1 cost)
Cat's Eyes
R: Per, D: Constant, T: Vision
Cidito can see clearly in the dark as well as light.
InIm30 (base 3, +2 Sun, +1 Constant, +4 Vision)
Personal Power, 30 levels
Improved Power, 3pnts (-3 cost)
1 point, Init -1, Animal
El Gato Cidito can instantly tansport himself to any location that he can percieve or has an Arcane Connection with. The caveat is that he can only do this when unobserved.
ReAn35 (Base 35)
Personal Power (35 levels), Improved Power, 3pnts (-3 cost); Restricted Power
Always Land Safely
No matter what height or angle he falls or leaps from, even a botched jumping roll, Cidito always lands safely on his feet unharmed.
Personal Power (15 levels), Improved Power, 2pnts (-2 cost)[/strike]

Okay, had to fiddle with it one last time. :smiley:
I included Scent Marking as a power, trimmed some fat and optimized a few powers with flaws, and brought the Might score back up to the base 13

Magic Might: 13 (base 10, +3 unadjusted size of -3)
Characteristics: Int +1, Per +1, Com +1, Pre -2, Str -4, Sta +1, Dex +2, Quick +3
Confidence: 2 (5)
Virtues & Flaws: +3 Charmed Life (Luck), +1 Large, +1 Puissant Brawl, +1 Self Confident, +1 Perfect Balance, +1 Puissant Awareness, +1 Sharp Ears, +1 Tough; -3 Overconfident, -1 Carefree, -1 Disfigured, -1 Magical Friend, -1 Missing Eye, -1 Nocturnal, -1 Obese, -1 Reckless
Magical Qualities & Inferiorities: +6 Personal Powers (x6), +3 Greater Immunity: Heat & Flames, +3 Improved Powers (x3), +2 Improved Damage (x2, claws), +1 Arcane Lore, +1 Gift of Speech, +1 Gift of Tongues, +1 Improved Soak, +1 Unaffected by the Gift; -3 Restricted Powers; -1 Environmental Sensitivity (extreme cold), -1 Slow Power, -1 Susceptible to Depravation
Personality Traits: Cocky +5, Curious +4, Cat* +3, Reckless +3, Timid -1
Combat
Claws: Init +2, Atk +12. Def +14, Dmg +2
Teeth: Init +3, Atk +12, Def +11, Dmg -3
Abilities: (Native Language ?) 5 (??), Athletics 3 (jumping), Awareness 4+2 (night), Brawl 5+2 (claws), Carouse 1 (stay sober), Concentration 1 (radiate heat), Charm 1 (wit), Finesse 2 (accuracy), Folk Ken 1 (covenfolk), Hunt 4 (birds), Leadership 1 (intimidation), Magic Lore 1 (beasts), Magic Theory 2 (Ignem), Penetration 2 (Ignem), Stealth 4 (stalk), Survival 1 (near human settlment)
Powers:
0 points, Init +2, Ignem
Cidito can radiate heat by concentrating, with varying levels of intensity ranging from enough to warm a companion while sleeping, ambient enought to heat a small room, or as intense as to be hot to the touch (enough to inflict damage equal to a stress die -5) and able to ignite very flammable items (such as parchement or dry wood shavings). He can mitigate his Environmental Sensitivity to Extreme Cold using this power, but this requires him to maintain the power with Concentration at a -3 penalty.
CrIg5 (base 3, +1 Conc, +1 variable heat); Personal Power (5 levels); Improved Power, 1pnt (-1 cost)
Cat like a Shadow in the Fire
0 points, Init +1, Imaginem
By remaining still while touching fire (such as sitting in a fireplace or a campfire), Cidito can remain invisible as long as he chooses until he breaks the spell by moving from the flame.
PeIm10 (base 4, +2 Sun); Personal Power, 10 levels; Improved Power, 1pnts (-1 cost); Restricted Power
2 points, Init -1 (after 1 round), Animal
Cidito can instantly tansport himself to any location that he can percieve or has an Arcane Connection with (often using his Scent Marking power). The caveat is that he can only do this when unobserved. In addition to the Restriction, this is also a Slow Power and it takes at least a full round of walking "around the corner".
ReAn35 (Base 35); Personal Power (35 levels), Improved Power, 2pnts (-2 cost); Restricted Power, Slow Power
Always Land Safely
Augmentation of the Angry Tomcat
R: Per, D: Diam, T: Ind
Cidito puffs up and increases size and strength by one or two points (from -2 to -1 or +0). Each point of increase adds +2 to Damage and +1 to Wound Incriments, but lowers Defense by 1 point. He can shrink down to normal when desired.
MuAn20 (base 4, +2 Sun, +1 potentially greater size, +1 adjustable)
Personal Power (20 levels), Improved Power, 2pnts (-2 cost)
The Proper Beast
R: Per, D: Sun, T: Ind
Cidito can take on human-like features, such as being able to walk upright and hands that can use tools. But this is by no means a human form and he is still obviously a cat. Indeed, though unnatural, the change cannot be noticed unless he is walking upright or using his hand (or his paws are closly examined, think "Puss in Boots" or "Garfield").
MuAn20 (base 5, +3 Constant); Personal Power (20 levels), Improved Power, 2pnts (-2 cost)
Scent Marking
0 points, Init +1, Vim
R: Touch, D: Constant, T: Ind
Cidito can create an Arcane Connection by "Scent Marking" a subject. This most usually takes the form of rubbing his head up against a human or an object, but he can also mark a specific location by spraying (in tomcat fashion). This power is Restricted in that these Arcane Connections can only be used in conjunction with his Transportation power.
CrVi15 (base 3, +1 Touch, +3 Constant); Personal Power (15 levels); Improved Power, 2pnts (-2 cost), Restricted Power
Cat's Eyes
Cidito can see clearly even in total darkness.
InIm30 (base 3, +3 Constant, +4 Vision); Personal Power (30 levels); Improved Power, 3pnts (-3 cost)

Let me start by apologizing for my lax play, no excuses. I have a high posting rate perhaps, but have been neglecting the important bookwork, namely keeping Grogs advanced and up to date, along with Alexei. Alexei's grogs (Helmut, Brionne, Michel, Jean-Claude, and the teacher Gunnar) are all up to date on xp and againg rolls (Age took a bat to Jean Claude). I wouldn't accept this kind of laziness from the players at my table, I shouldn't subject other diligent players here with it either. I will strive to keep them updated, right now they are current to 1228. For future advancement can we use the easy Grog tables? It only occured to me after I finished...

Alexei has to get a new Longevity Ritual, but not until Winter of 1228 right? And Korvin has agreed to help him, so assuming that goes well I'll leave that until Winter comes up.

The main thing Alexei is going to do in 1228 is look for his future Familiar, Donner the giant's dog. I'll update his Seasonal planner.

I would've forced it the moment they entered heavy play...

You want the ritual before Winter of 1228, otherwise you make an aging roll without benefit of the LR...

Alexei's LR is scheduled for 1228.1. It has been in the books since he failed his Roll. He agreed to make a lab text for Leap of Home Coming as payment.

Yeppers! I couldn't remember what was the payment/service. So 1 season LR, 1 Season writing, 2 seasons searching for a Familiar. Doing my year planner for 1228 that would be exposure xp in all seasons correct? Making a Lab text would be exposure in what? I assume the searching would be Area Lore or perhaps a social skill like Folk Ken?

You can get the LR and write the lab text in the same season. Korvin has help in the lab so you just have to be available for measurements or whatever the subject must do for their LR.

I wouldn't mind helping in the lab if that could be handled, with his Int and Magic Theory he could likely bring another point on the final LR result.

Korvin's leadership is not high enough for Alexei and Abagail.

OK that's what I wasn't sure about. No problem then.I'll put in 3 seasons of searching then, he'll write the lab text in the first season while you make the LR. If he manages to find his familiar before the year's out he'll work on stuff.

Your searching for a familiar for three seasons allmost makes me feel bad about asking for a handwave :smiley:
However,
Wanting to make a major change to this character that I have been so resistant to change indicates a significant investment in this saga and a comittment to remain tied into it.
I created Roberto over six years ago. Time for some important growth.
And by the time of the next story he is in, all that has taken place is the initial bonding. It would be cool if someone else were to role-play Cidito in that thread, someone to help me create this new character dynamic.
Um...
Pretty please????
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Roberto is technically underdeveloped compared to the other magi, short by a decade compared to some.
Pretty please with sugar on top?
:mrgreen:

I seem to remember several people telling you to bump him up before bring him in. :mrgreen: