1222.2a The Lost Boys

Laetitia will come along with Korvin and Andru, and see if she can be helpful in any way.

((I thought I had planned what Alexei was doing in 1222, but I haven't, we'll say he's at the Covenant though))

Alexei suddenly appears in the courtyard with his staff topped by a spearhead. "I'm sorry I'm late, what has happened?" he sees the charred body of Mufarrj and recognizes it after only a moment. "Mein Gott!" he whispers. "What has happened to him?"

Viscaria appears from the doorway of the library. She scowls as she sees all the magi gathering around a body and the servants thronging about. Her mouth opens to snarl out a command or three before she remembers that she is a guest. She takes a deep breath and calls out to Alexei, loudly and clearly so that all around can hear her.

"Imperator, I have my shield-mate and am ready to serve. Where do you need me?"

Vin Diesel's eyes glint in the darkness behind her.

Isen arrives running into the courtyard. When he sees the people assembled, he quickly assesses the situation, and concludes he's useless for the burnt magus.
So he takes another angle: He stops, and grags a guard on duty
You. Have you seen what happened?

Fiona hears Apollodorus's voice through the window of the Princeps's office, sets down the paperwork she was looking at, and gets up to investigate. By the time she makes it down the stairs to the door overlooking the courtyard, most of Mons Electi is already gathered around Mufarjj.

She watches what's going on, and asks what happened (allowing the others to sum up what's been said). It's plainly obvious that the Moor is in a world of hurt.

She will move closer and cast Revealed Flaws of Mortal Flesh silently and without gestures, touching him gently in an uncharred place with her staff. In 5 + Co 14 + Sta 3 + Mastery (Still Casting) 1 + Aura 5 – No Words 10 + die roll of 6 = 24, vs. a Spell Level of 10. His eyes (if you can see them) and hair turns white momentarily. Just in case he's got something going on other than the bad burns.

She looks around at the throng, sees that they will be crowding into Korvin's sanctum, and decides that she will best serve out of their way.

[color=blue]"I'm going back to my office. If anything happens, if we learn anything, or if Apollodorus arrives, or if there's anything I can do, please send for me." She will then turn and go back to her office.

((Anyone can get the answers to their questions. It's Mufarjj. He's generally kept to himself. He's probably the most capable mundane warrior here, and can beat Alexei if Alexei isn't using magic.))

As Korvin is moving Mufarjj to his sanctum, but before the throng has returned to their quarters Apollodorus reappears in nearly the same spot Mufarjj had been. With him is a beautiful woman with dark hair and olive skin. She rushes to Andru and they embrace.

Apollodorus speaks up, "I require anyone with a stout heart and combat capability to journey with me to Thera. We have to rescue Marcus. I can transport no more than 10 people, and I'll arrive a moment later. Please be aware that this transport will warp you a bit. Also, there is a chance that we may run into Marcus and he may be immolating, so there is a risk of being burned. And then there is a worse risk of succumbing to the Nosferatu. Carmine will be coming with us, while Andru will be remaining behind and coordinating resources from Valnastium to be brought here, since I can most easily transport everyone back here. We could use grogs, as there are many mundanes in their service."

Korvin is better here healing Mufarjj. Rituals will take more time than Apollodorus will want to take. Fiona or Jormungand should go to help with any healing on the spot.

This is a combat centered story. That's not to say that magi who aren't combat capable can't have a productive part of the story. There's a lot going on and having a mix of talents is good.

When asked why Apollodorus didn't take this approach before, "Most men, even Magi, haven't faced vampires. The initial shock can be frightening. In truth, most of the covenant haven't faced horrors before. Mufarjj had at the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa. Everyone else has had a pretty staid and quiet life, and I didn't feel I could inflict those horrors on anyone, or even ask. I am still unwilling, but Marcus saved us, and so I feel I must do what I can to save him." And then, in a very quiet whisper he adds, "if he can be saved."

Korvin is talking while getting the items needed to cast the Ritual.
Mufarjj needs this healing ritual which will take me two hours to cast. If Fiona can not go to help heal then I will go but that will be after two hours.

"I will go. If you have a second Arcane Connection, I can transport myself."

((Go ahead and do the roll to determine the success of the ritual. You can come as Korvin or you can come as Jacques, if you prefer.))

It's summertime, not autumn, so I believe that Onesiphorous would be the Acting Princeps.
The spell doesn't reveal anything different from what can be seen visually, he's badbly burned.

1d10=3 + Cr27 + Co17+stam 1+AL3+ Phil 2 + aura 5 = 56 total.

"I do, actually, I have several, in the event others could transport themselves."

((Don't forget grogs here. Every magus, including Apollodorus should have at least a shield grog. Laetitia, Carmine and Apollodorus can transport themselves, so their grogs will be transported with the group of 10. That leaves 7 spots left, room for 3 magi and 4 grogs, or some combination as deemed appropriate.))

Oh, right. facepalm I even remember posting that somewhere, just forgot to update my Fiona's Planner doc. Okay, she's studying the Tribunal book...so she could take part, then. Of course, she can't use vis to cast spells, so she can't cast any healing rituals. She does, however, generally have a small store of magical plants and herbs and stuff that can be used instead of vis in the casting of those spells, so there is that. And it's highly unlikely that she'll be caught in a blizzard this time.

Fiona won't be able to go, due to her size. She will send a cache of her Rootcutter stuff if anybody wants to use it.

Deykin, however, can go. (The Welsh boy who's in the turb)

Well,it's doubtful that the SG would forget that gigantic detail... If Apollodorus has a group version of Leap of Homecoming that can be cast at Touch range, then it's isn't unreasonable that he has a version that could work on a giant.

((Sorry for the long delay, couldn't post until now))

Alexei regards Apollodorus severely, Mufarrj had been missing for awhile, to suddenly have him return so injured was upsettingm but he does not let that stop him.

"Of course Apollodorus. You may count on me." Alexei sends for his shield grog Brionne to accompany him. Alexei can cast a Leap of Homecoming but decides to allow Apollodorus to cast it so that he can be battle ready and not fatigued. He sends Helmut to bring him some Vis and his magic ring as well as he attaches a spearhead to his staff.

"We may bring Michelle la Rouge if anyone else requires a shield grog. Brionne, fetch the shield, the armour, the swords and the bandages."

[i]Here is a list of items that Alexei is bringing, we can divy them up now if we like:

2 Swords: +4 Harm Human and Animal Bodies (adds 4 for Attack score against man or beast)
Suit of Half Chain: +7 Protect wearer (adds 7 to Soak, total soak +13)
Shield: +5 Protection (adds 5 to Defense score))
Bandages: +4 Healing Wounds (adds 4 to the Recovery roll of the wounded person dressed in them)

Aesculapian Ring: A magical ring that Alexei claimed after slaying a renounced wizard. He had to pay a Bonisagus Magus in order to discover its uses and that it wasn't in fact trapped. The ring is designed to help a wounded Magus heal as well as resist the pain of his wounds and thus allow some ability to continue to work while recovering. It has 2 effects:

Heal the wounded wizard CrCo 25 provides a +15 healing bonus to the wearer. R: Touch D: Sun T: Individual Base: 10 +1 Range, +2 Duration, 2 uses per day +1 total effect level 26.
Mute the debilitating pain ReCo 25 Prevents the feeling of wounds and fatigue. R: Touch D: Sun T: Individual Base 10 +1Range, +2 Duration, 2 uses per day +1 total effect level 26.

The ring has a few drawbacks. It has no Penetration, so the wearer's Parma and MR must be suppressed when activated. Usually the Magus will turn the power of the ring on right after his Parma falls at Sunrise/Sunset and then raises his Parma. Not being able to feel pain and fatigue has some drawbacks as well, as one can actively hurt oneself or make their wounds worse through activity and not feel it. Sleep can also be difficult to come by if not actually sleepy. To activate the healing effect the ring is turned towards the thumb and then turned back. To activate the pain and fatigue resistance the ring is turned towards the pinky and turned back. Alexei has offered the ring as payment on more than one occasion as he stayed as a guest in the various Covenants of Germany.[/i]

Alexei will bring 10 Muto, 4 Corpus, 10 Rego and 5 Pawns of Intelligo

"Apollodorus-- I should like to bring my shield grog, but-- apologies for the presumption, but I flatter myselfin thinking his loyalties lie equally between myself and House Tremere, so... I will be guarded by one of Alexei's men should you think it prudent under the circumstances."

((I have no idea what you're getting at. He's not given you any cause to question his loyalty. Since he's been assigned to you, he's done everything you asked.))

Laetitia has long suspected Elain of spying on her for Goliard, who she suspects of reporting back to Daddy.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, but L believes it and is too polite to read his mind to confirm or deny her suspicions.

And you want to delve into this issue now?! Something along the lines of timing, blah, blah, blah. If Laetitia really wants Apollodorus to opine on this, she's about to get a lecture...