1222.2b: Overture

"I see." The Redcap looks at Ysebrand with a look of pity on his face, but says nothing more for a couple of minutes, obviously deep in thought.

"If you're looking for someone who spends a good amount of time in the lab, I would say your best bet of the three who were here before would be Eilid. She's probably as knowledgeable of Magic Theory as anyone in the Tribunal, and I hear that most of the enchanted items here are her creation. I don't know how much time she spends in the lab, anymore, but if I were in your situation I would start with her. She's Bjornaer, they tend to be fairly good at keeping secrets.

"Doineann has her lab out in the open air, and I would imagine it would be hard to keep a discreet bargain like you suggest a secret under those conditions. Drystan didn't even live in the Aegis until a year or two ago, so I don't know how much help he would be to you."

"Very well. I appreciate your insights. I'm willing to travel further afield, though. If you look me up before you return to Edinburgh, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to try and approach some of the elders, first. If I'm shot down, I'd like you to inquire discreetly further afield, on my behalf. I can add at least a magnitude to a magus's research efforts. I ask that you maintain confidentiality in these matters. I recognize I have no particular rights under the Code of Hermes, but I'm sure you can see the value as a business issue."

Douglas nods. "Of course. I think I can be here another two or three days, I will make it a point to speak with Eilid sometime today to see what she says, and get back to you."

"No need, I'll talk to the local magi, just get back in touch with me before you go, in the event I can't find an accord with any of the magi." Ysebrand thanks him for his efforts.

Finally, the Experience Points have come to the Overture Thread!

• Aodhan: 5 xp
  • Halie: 7 xp.
  • Trimalchio: 5 xp.
  • Talia: 7 xp.