1222.2e Getting the Band Back Together

Laetitia dries her tears and responds hotly, "But I WASN'T tricked! It was a ridiculous second magnitude Rego Mentem spell. I KNEW he'd penetrated my Parma and I still couldn't rationalize myself out of obeying him." Her face burns red with anger and shame. "Wait-- you have one of them here?" Her brow furrows in worry. "We can't-- oh but they attacked-- but-- I just can't think straight, the Code assumes that magi don't just do things like they've done, so there's no precedents for what recourse we have as the wronged party. Caecilius is the one who looks like an ugly woman. Romulus is the one who's had his nose broken more times than he's had Corpus vis for."

She sighs in frustration, but clearly having a problem to focus on helps distract her from the self-loathing and shame. She accepts her cup thankfully, though Glaukopis demurs, "Oh, thank you, but I don't drink."

"It's not the entire House; it is the Inner Council only. But of course they are the highest-ranking members the House, and command much respect; their subordinates will have no reason to believe they shouldn't follow orders, so... it is safest to trust none of them. Nor any Hoplites they command.

"Alexei, the ritual I first mentioned- the one they taught me, under the pretense that the Order of Odin might threaten us? Moebius heard them discussing me; they were going to ritually murder me to lay a Curse of Thoth on Mons Electi. They were only going to wait until after I'd given birth-- and then only out of respect for my father, who thought I was an acceptable loss so long as he safely held my replacement." She puts both hands on her belly protectively, and her eyes blaze with anger. "They are not playing games; they are committed to seeing this through. They want us out of their way, and will exercise no restraint. They had planned to shed my blood to eliminate this covenant the same way they eliminated Diedne."

About a week after Apollodorus is lost, and every magus but Fiona has returned[1], Alexei calls a council. Laetitia has kept to herself since arrival, although Korvin and Alexei have both sent word that she isn't as culpable as one might believe.

Fieltarn and Jormungand have withdrawn from the covenant for personal reasons, and have done so prior to the events that recently took place.

Korvin will arrive at the council meeting with Abagail and will introduce her to all members.

(JL - Check the year. 1222, right?)

(Not entirely sure about the timing here. I would have thought that Abigael would have arrived with Korvin sometime during 1222.1, or at least by the end of it. Which means that presumably she would have been part of 1222.2 (summer?), but I guess we can handwave it and have this be, for some reason, also her first meeting)

Viscaria greets Abigael with her typical impulsive hugging. "Ah, but it is no longer to be Abigael, is it? For soon you shall have to choose the name of your apprenticeship. And then, who knows what name you will go by when we meet as equals, eh? Eh?"

(I wondered that too, as L's kids should have already been born if it was in 1222 (they were born the previous autumn, after the LR) but JL said it's retroactive.)

(But that must have been a typo and L's not pregnant anymore, because the Fall of Night and Lost Boys are 1222.

Arrrrrrgh.)

@Arya, Laetitia will give birth sometime in Fall of 1222 and then initiate her LR. See the following post from jebrick.
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/catnip-garlic/129/1

And yes, the date on this is 1222.2e, I'll fix'er.

Korvin brought her back in the spring of 1222 and began opening her arts in the summer of 1222.

((Apprentices typically retain their name through apprenticeship and then adopt a new one at gauntlet. Also, if anyone wants to play her through gauntlet, speak up, or I'll run her.))

"Oh auntie Viscaria you slay me. Daddy never got your humor. Unless master Korvin is incompetent, and I don't believe daddy would allow that, I'll be here for 15 years before we even get to point."

((I'm not clear how much she would know about what has gone on, what she would hear from her master, or what scuttlebutt suggests.))

(Further insight into how warped Viscaria's apprenticeship was, then.)

(Give me some time to think about what she'd know.)

What she knows is referencing what Abbigail knows.

Alexei has been directing grogs and servants to set up the council area. Extra seats are put around the table and plenty of refreshments. It also seems he has been keeping some things a bit secret, or at least moving around with more discretion where he's ordinarily forthright and bold. His servant and scribe Helmut has been spreading the word and asking everyone to make sure they have all things they wish to report as well as discuss regarding the recent events. It seems that Alexei's initial desire for blood has possibly cooled a bit as he has not stormed out to try and break into Magvillus and kill Valeran.

He stops at Laetitia's shortly before the meeting. "How are you my Sodale? Are you ready to attend and show yourself? I believe your return has been somewhat of a secret, but nothing lasts forever. We will want to hear your explanations and what information you have. It might not be pretty, but you revealed yourself to me...and I didn't try to kill you. You shall likely be alright with the rest." he offers his arm. "Shall we?"

She nods hesitantly, then takes Alexei's arm with a wan smile. "With all haste..."

As Alexei and Laetitia pass through her door, they feel an earthquake hit, strong enough to rattle the dishes and kick up a lot of dust, but not strong enough to cause any real damage. If they look around, they can see Fiona standing at the exit to the mundane side of the regio.

Laetitia runs to Fiona and wraps her arms around the giantess' waist. "You're all right!" she cries with relief.

Alexei is flabbergasted and walks towards Fiona with perhaps a bit more caution. "Fiona? Are you alright? Where have you been?"

Due to recent events it is perhaps not a surprise that while Alexei holds his staff in front of him, his other hand hovers over the spear tip he keeps in a pouch on his belt.

Fiona has a slight a shimmer of light around her, and when she reappeared, she seemed to fall upwards out of the floor.

[color=blue]"Of course I'm all right, sodalis," Fiona says with a smile as she hugs Laetitia back. [color=blue]"How long have I been gone?

[color=blue]"Magic. Has anyone gone into Apollodorus's sanctum yet?"

When Fiona enteres the council chamber Korvin will rise to greet her. Fiona! When did you get back. Was it a twilight episode? You look...very good.

Fiona smiles back at him. [color=blue]"And I feel better than I look," she says with a wink.

(will post more tomorrow, after seeing if her questions are answered)

"Fiona, I believe someone has entered Appollodorus's chambers...mainly to retrieve or find his Familiar. Isn't that right Sodales?" he asks the gathered magi.