1222.2e Getting the Band Back Together

[color=blue]"Of course I'm all right, sodalis," Fiona says with a smile as she hugs Laetitia back. [color=blue]"How long have I been gone?

[color=blue]"Magic. Has anyone gone into Apollodorus's sanctum yet?"

When Fiona enteres the council chamber Korvin will rise to greet her. Fiona! When did you get back. Was it a twilight episode? You look...very good.

Fiona smiles back at him. [color=blue]"And I feel better than I look," she says with a wink.

(will post more tomorrow, after seeing if her questions are answered)

"Fiona, I believe someone has entered Appollodorus's chambers...mainly to retrieve or find his Familiar. Isn't that right Sodales?" he asks the gathered magi.

Fiona takes a deep breath. [color=blue]"When he...when he died, Apollodorus asked me to say goodbye to all of you for him." She pauses for a second to swallow and to dab at her eyes. [color=blue]"He also said that he left instructions for us in his sanctum."

She smiles at Laetitia. [color=blue]"I'm glad you were able to escape. I still don't know what's going on, but I'm glad you're back."

[color=blue]"Oh...and does anyone know where Maris is? And how is Regulus" Fiona fears that she knows the answer to the last question, but she's still hopeful.

Having been away when fiona dissapeared, Isen is not particularly surprised or relieved to see her. He was probably told the tale, but it was buried under the sheer magnitude of Appolodorus demise, and the betrayal of house guernicus.

One everyone has settled somewhat
Sodales. Far from me to douse you, but we need to discuss what happened, tie any loose end, and decide on our future.

• Laetitia, is there a "neutral" quaesitor with enough prestige and influence that might help us? what's the extend of this conspiration?
  • We need to enter Appolodorus sanctum, retrieve any proof he might have in there.
  • We need to warn the other primi. There's no doubt our ennemies will try to paint us as ennemies of the order, and we must ensure our word is heard beforehand
  • We should prepare for another attack. I doubt this'll stop here.
    Have I forgotten something?

(yes, Isen is slightly out of whack, for he lacks some knowledge.)
(not typing from a pc, sorry for the grammar and everytthing)

Having been away when fiona dissapeared, Isen is not particularly surprised or relieved to see her. He was probably told the tale, but it was buried under the sheer magnitude of Appolodorus demise, and the betrayal of house guernicus.

One everyone has settled somewhat
Sodales. Far from me to douse you, but we need to discuss what happened, tie any loose end, and decide on our future.

• Laetitia, is there a "neutral" quaesitor with enough prestige and influence that might help us? what's the extend of this conspiration?
  • We need to enter Appolodorus sanctum, retrieve any proof he might have in there.
  • We need to warn the other primi. There's no doubt our ennemies will try to paint us as ennemies of the order, and we must ensure our word is heard beforehand
  • We should prepare for another attack. I doubt this'll stop here.
    Have I forgotten something?

(yes, Isen is slightly out of whack, for he lacks some knowledge.)
(not typing from a pc, sorry for the grammar and everytthing)

Korvin will fill everyone in on what happened to him after he left the group. They will know of which Primus were at the meeting and what they know.

((Korvin knows that Garrus was also killed right? He tells this bit of info?))

You heard EVERYTHING that happened to Korvin since he left in the council meeting. Anything that was stated in the "requested and required" thread is known by everyone. I'm sure Korvin would have told Alexi and Jacques about Garrus ASAP since it was their Primus. But the whole tale can wait for everyone to be together.

((To be honest, if Alexei knew before this meeting about Garrus, there's a decent chance Alexei wouldn't be at this meeting, but rather going to round up the Milites and throw in his hat for consideration as the new Primus. So perhaps it's best if it's revealed now. Maybe Korvin just didn't know how to say it, or was too wrapped up in other things?))

[color=blue]"So, let me see if I'm understanding what happened correctly. Elain recognized Apollodorus as Xenophon and told Laetitia, or maybe she recognized it herself, and her recognizing him triggers a a compulsion for her to go immediately to Magvillus to tell her superiors. They've been trying to kill him for the last hundred years, but without any luck until now, and in fact lost him fifty years ago. They get together a squad of hoplites to come here and kill him, and succeed. Meanwhile, House Guernicus attacks the domus magnus of Flambeau, Mercere, and Tremere, killing God knows how many people, including Garus and Poena. All because Apollodorus has done some research on the so-called Duresca Scrolls and believes that Guernicus is plotting to take over the order?"

Fiona shakes her head. [color=blue]"That doesn't make a lot of sense to me."

((I guess the cat just got let out of the bag :laughing: ))

Alexei was listening as everything was summed up from the attack on their Covenant to the death of Apollodorus/Xenophon. He was idly going over a list of items he would be bringing up at the meeting and only half heard some of what was said. He drops his voting sigil with a clang on the floor though when the mention of the other attacks is brought up.

"Wait...wait, what did you just say? Who else was attacked? Who else was killed? I must have mis-heard you." he says with shock and a slight tremor in his voice. The hand that was holding the sigil is clenched into a quivering fist.

((Poena and Coeris hadn't been attacked, and actually were not attacked. Poena was alive and well and speaking at Durenmar.))

Korvin produces a plan looking book from his robes. This is a copy of Apollodorus' research with the Duresca scrolls. It is about 75 years old but it is here if you wish to read it. I suggest that we do so that the knowledge spreads.

To Alexei's question: " Many redcaps died in the fires at Harco. Garus was assassinated before I was able to make it to Castra Solis. That is what I was told by your House brother Lucius.

(Also, Laetiia didn't tell anyone but Alexei about the Guernicus mindscupper ritual. What she told Korvin, and anyone else who asks, is that she thought she was doing the right thing.)

Alexei sits stunned for several seconds at the revelation, Helmut gasps and steps back from him. Alexei tries at least three times to speak, each time stopping himself before he truly begins. He finally stops and makes a visible effort to control himself before he can manage to get the words out.

"This...this happened all on the same night then? A night of long knives. Has Guernicus's treachery infiltrated everywhere?" he tries to control himself, but ultimately loses the battle.

"I'll kill them all!" he suddenly roars as he gets to his feet, knocking his chair down in his haste. "Every last one of those filthy traitors! I'll mount their heads on pikes and leave their bodies for the bloody crows! No! No! Not crows! Maggots and vermin! For that is what they are, let their own kind cannibalize their betrayer's flesh! We will be revenged! On this I swear! Let God above be my witness! May I never rest, never know peace until their blood spills on the ground that cries out for justice!" With that he picks up his staff, pops the spearhead on it with a sudden movement and hurls it at one of the banners he had won as a trophy, the spear head penetrating into the rock behind it as Alexei stands quivering with rage.

((Sorry, was just trying to figure out what all Korvin was saying by "everything I know they know"...went though the the Presence thread to figure it out. So, what do we know?))

((If jebrick is saying Korvin basically repeated everything in that thread, you know whatever he knew in that thread. With the correction regarding Poena and House Tremere, everything is pretty much as you summed up.))

"Unless you are eager for death and wish to leave the rest of us diminished by your loss, we must bide our time," Laetitia cautions softly, placing a hand on Alexei's arm. "Valerian struck down Apollodorus, who was far more learned and powerful than all of us combined. It will take time and planning."