1222.etc 100 Pieces of Mons Electi

Since I have no idea OOC how to go about doing the legwork, she'll just pay a finder's fee. Which she'll flirt and fripper to get as low as possible, of course.

Chances are if you do some research make some contacts, roll against OoH Lore or something you can probably come up with something.
I mean she is an Advocate, you don't think she got involved in a case where some smart Mentem expert got into trouble for interfering with Mundanes or something? I'm more inclined to get better results to well thought out efforts.

OoH Lore check is 11. Assuming it's int based. If it can be com based it's a 12.

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3531336/

More interested in Vim than Mentem, I think. Can you confirm there's no summae for either of those arts? The "library" is not very organized.

Obsidian Portal is pretty well up to date.
obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... is/library

I don't really care, but I think it's a way to flesh out some of her past and define people she might have defended. The roll isn't as important as the back story.

((Before the Flambeau have gathered at Mons Electi and before the portal is cast, and after everyone has returned from the giants))

Alexei has had something heavy on his heart the whole evening as the magi gathered for last minute preparations. He's obviously nervous and distracted. When it seems they are all agreed on their latest course of action and they will convene and give the final go-ahead to the visiting Mercere waiting in their guest chambers Alexei holds up his hand after taking one more drink of wine.

"A minute more Sodales. Once the ritual is cast, we will be given the word that allows it to activate. I have verified that one need not know the word as long as someone opens it for them and accompanies them. That being said...I have to..." he pauses as he gathers his courage, he seemed more at ease when he was at the joust tilting at a cheating opponent than now, but he finally sighs and continues. "I have to suggest, though it tears at me to do so...that Laetitia always be accompanied by another in the Covenant, that the word not be shared with her. It is not that I, nor we, don't trust you. But you have already admitted that Guernicus has extraordinary means of compulsion and that they already have worked these means upon you in their treachery. I fear that they might do so again and this small measure of secrecy may offer us one more layer of protection. Please forgive me...I hate to say this...prove me wrong! Tell me I'm an idiot and that my mistrust is misplaced! But I must make this...suggestion." he slumps in his chair looking miserable and despondent.

Laetitia stares at Alexei flatly for a long moment, and finally stands.

"To hell with all you stupid sons of whores. You're idiots, and I'm sick of pulling you out of the graves you so eagerly dig for yourselves. I refuse to be treated like a viper. My resistance against Mentem is nine magnitudes, yet you milquetoasts keep insisting that I am a security threat?!? Fuck you all."

She pulls a rock out of her pocket and disappears.

Meanwhile, in her sanctum, it takes Laetitia about ten minutes to gather a few belongings, before she pops to Coeris, where Moebius has been hiding.

She leaves instructions with her handmaiden to pack up the rest of her belongings and send them to Aristarchus at Confluensis.

Moebius has been playing with the gnomes of Mons Electi... She knows this. He tells her to go back and smack some sense into them.

"I'm sorry, old friend, but I am sick of being treated with such contempt and disrespect by my inferiors. Maybe Father's attempts to indoctrinate me failed because I grew up believing the rest of the Order were the likes of Goliard, Draag, Talion... Now that I am 'out in the world,' so to speak, I see that his assessment of those outside our House was quite accurate. They're governed by fear and ignorance, with no ability to apply reason or logic. I have neither interest nor impetus to fight for the independence of creatures so singularly undeserving of it." She frowns. "I will never aid the Council, for even if their goals are correct their methods are unforgivable... But neither will I hinder them any further, either. I intend to seek refuge from Coeris. Will you come with me?"

Fiona is just as stunned as Laetitia at this...she can't even come up with the right word for this insult, but she tries to keep a stone face. ((Com 2 + Guile (hiding true feelings) 3 + die roll of 3 = 8 ))

Laetitia pops out before Fiona can recover. Nine magnitudes of resistance? Can anyone here resistant anything better than she can? she thinks.

She rises to her feet as soon as Laetitia disappears and leans over Alexei. [color=blue]"You, sodalis, are an idiot, and your mistrust is widely misplaced," she says through clenched teeth. [color=blue]"This is not the first stupid thing I've heard you say, and unfortunately I doubt that it will be the last. But it is by far the most asinine thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth. She is Guernicus, and most likely has the most protection against Mentem, or possibly any Form, of any person in this room. And you treat her like a spy? You, of all people, should know what we face. She is the one person we have who can help us, who can give information we may need to protect ourselves against whatever faction of Guernicus is moving against us. And you, sodalis, may very well have turned her back to their arms. Once you've come to your senses, you will find her, you will apologize to her, most sincerely, or so help me God I will grind your bones into meal for my bread."

She turns and storms out of the council chamber, slamming the door behind her. She doesn't know where Laetitia Lept to. If she left the covenant already, than Fiona would be clueless, so she's going to check her sanctum first. If Laetitia's not there, than Fiona will check any other places she knows of where Laetitia likes to spend her time.

When she reaches Laetitia's sanctum, she pounds on the door. [color=blue]"Laetitia! Are ye in there?" she yells.

The door is answered by a pretty little dark-haired thing. She looks a bit frantic, and babbles in a language that sounds vaguely Latin-ish, but mostly incomprehensible. She blinks at the look of incomprehension, then blurts, "Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg?"

Alexei sighs and puts his head in his hands. "I finally start asking questions that might be logical in these circumstances..." he mumbles to himself as Laetita levels her righteous indignation on him. When Fiona begins he looks up with reddened eyes.

"I will do whatever I have to...this is not what I wanted...but after that has happened, wasn't I naive not to bring it up? Haven't I failed miserably in protecting this Covenant? Have I not opened our gates without the slightest question, trusting that others will be as honourable as us? I was taken in by a Bonisagus who wanted me to kidnap a giant's child! And I almost did! I berated you for avoiding a fight that could have gotten you and the grogs killed! I was fooled by Valerian at the prospect of becoming a Hoplite and gave him the bloody keys to this place so he could assasinate Apollodorus!" he snarls and stands up, pulling at his beard. "I have failed so completely! Now I finally take these lessons to heart and I fail worse than ever! I did not want to bring this up! It is not that I don't trust Laetitia, it is that the Guenicus might still be able to get to her! If you say she is safe, if she is no more vulnerable than any of us, I will damn well crawl to her and beg to have her back!"

Fiona is too upset to stick around to listen to what Alexei has to say. She wants to check on Laetitia first, make sure that (1) she knows that not everyone thinks what Alexei said, (2) that she's okay (in a matter of speaking), and (3) that she's not going to do anything dangerous.

Fiona shakes her head no. [color=blue]"Latina? Gaeilge? Français?" she asks, with a pause after each language so the girl can respond.

Finally, she says, [color=blue]"Laetitia. I need to speak to Laetitia," as she tries to pantomime what she's meaning, hoping the girl understands well enough.

She shakes her head in the negative to all three, and replies, "Italiano; Cymraeg."

The girl nods as though she knows what Fiona means, and replies, "Mynd." Which, when she thinks about it, sounds somewhat like the Gaelic imithe, or "gone."

[color=blue]"Mynde? Laetitia's gone?" she says in Gaelic. She holds up a hand, then casts a quick spontaneous Cr(Re)Im spell to create an image of Laetitia that flies out the window and disappears. [color=blue]"Gone?" she repeats, looking (and feeling) quite sad.

((Base CrIm is 1. She's going to make it Range: Voice (+2), Duration: Concentration (+1), Target: Individual, for a total Target Level of 4. Her Rego is lower than her Creo (5 v 6), so Re 5 + Im 5 + Sta 3 + Aura 5 = 18 ÷ 5 = 3.6, which rounds to 4, so she can pull it off without fatiguing herself. No botch, if she still needs to check those.))

((I love it when you guys allow me to close up some things, this is a convenient spot for Tria's absence in Ulrich's thread to show up here.))

Long about mid to late October, Tria arrives at the covenant, returning the book that she had borrowed. She also sends word to the guard that she requests a meeting with Alexei. When shown to him, "Alexei, Maris has asked that you continue Laetitia to return from Coeris. Mons Electi needs Laetitia, perhaps more than you know. She also told me you need to fully catalogue Apollodorus's library. Maris says that there is an arcane connection to a spot outside Coeris in Apollodorus's quarters." She goes on to describe the arcane connection so he can retrieve it.

After her discussion with Alexei she'll seek out Fiona. When she finds her, she'll say, "Fiona, good to see you, I hope you are well. I retrieved my apprentice, which I'm sure someone told you about. I caught him trying to seduce a spider, and felt that his overall lack of supervision needed to be remedied."

Elena nods. "Ydw! Laetitia wedi mynd," she agrees. She then babbles on in Welsh a bit longer, tears coming to her eyes as she speaks fervently. Suddenly, her eyes light up. "Siarad francais?" she asks. "Ydych chi'n gwybod Catrin? Mae hi'n gallu cyfieithu!"

If Fiona doesn't seem to understand, she'll repeat "Catrin" a few times, and then she elaborately mimes dusting furniture, nagging at a husband, scolding children, and gossiping.

(I'd like to figure out what happens with Aristarchus before they go drag Laetitia back to Mons Electi. This way she's telling the truth when she says "I don't know what to do or what I believe anymore" just in case he is one of Them.

That's on you to initiate it. He said he would meet her... This also throws her LR into difficulty. But I think we can treat autumn and winter as one big clump of time and any seasonal activities spread over that period can be accomplished.

((Yeah, I remembered Deykin just after I posted.))

Fiona will put up a "Wait here" sign, then go get whichever of the clan she finds first...which the Pyramid of Destiny says is Wen.

Fiona will tell her that she needs to talk to Laetitia's maidservant, but she doesn't speak the language, and ask Wen to translate for them. She...hell, she's in a hurry, she will pick Wen (Small Frame) up and carry her back to Laetitia's,set her down, knock on the door, presumably be let in, and motion for the girl to start talking again.

((This otta be good. Wen has native Welsh and French 3, while Fiona has French 2.))