1222 Etc

Audax doesn't have any leads.

That would be Sun duration, so it wouldn't be very useful as a charged item.

Remember if you sharpen a blade with Muto, then the blade can be resisted by MR. If you sharpen it with Rego or Perdo, the blade is not resistable.

I'm not sure where to go, story-wise, right now.

Aislinn and Justin is something y'all can't handle without at least 7-8 years of advancement, and at least a few seasons to prepare once you know where you're going.

The Mystery of Blackthorn is only hinted at thusfar.

The mundane politics, and to some extent, the Hermetic politics, tie into the Demon of Llyn Efyrnwy. Y'all can't handle the Demon for a good long while, but I had intended to unravel the mystery around him by tying in mundane politics to it. With one of our original Jerbiton MIA, and the other being a shy poster, and no one else really seeming to be interested in the mundane politics, I'm not sure how to make any of it relevant to your characters. There have been other occurrences that (unbeknownst to any of you) tie into that plot, but no one bit.

Most, if not all, of your story flaws are singularly unhelpful in tying things back into any of the overarcing plots.

So, let me know any story hooks that appealed to you guys, any story flaws you'd like to play with, and let's brainstorm on where we go next.

Why can't Audax call in a favor and in the process it reveals something to Iapetus?
Is the Lady widowed? I can't recall the details on that; why doesn't she get a suitor that discredits Heims, but does it in such a way that he has to fight back a bit and in the process he finds a piece of the puzzle.
Sinmore's supernatural entity, what is it and how does it relate? Surtur comes to claim her and she has to run and hide somewhere else, maybe she has to do someone a favor to help drive him off and that favor might not be better than the alternative?
Got nothing for Attravere's. ((I would have vetoed that one as an SG of the Order of Odin wasn't going to feature heavily in the saga))
Cygna's is busy doing other stuff to her...
Tektonius's patron could ask him to do something...

I thought of that. I just can't think of any way to make that work without involving the mundane politics which have been singularly unsuccessful.

She is widowed, and has plenty of would-be suitors: +5 Presence, Venus' Blessing, and Supernatural Beauty.

I could definitely work in that angle, but with Fixer's erratic posting schedule, I'm not sure it would work very well.

Spoiler alert: it does.

I could use some thoughts on that angle. He can certainly prod, but I don't know why he wouldn't just do it himself. I suppose he could always deputize... hrmm.

Tek would be a piss poor Quaesitor deputy, unless he's outfitted with all kinds of gadgets (this would be about like sending Q [007, not ST:TNG] into the field). Might be fun. :smiley:

Personally I don't think it'd be terrible to have -some- politics, but it seemed like Tribunal was really politics heavy (which makes sense to a degree).

Maybe it was just me, but I was getting a kind of "Why are you guys ignoring this? fwap" vibe to it, which is why I was having Cygna pushing on that. So, basically, we need to work on our investigative/seeking/intellego'ing stuff for a few years, and then maybe we can start thinking about going after the two missing archmagi?

search forum Okay, that's the one that we accidentally unleashed and killed some shmuck in Fengheld, and not the Skinless. I don't know if it's going to do any good, but Cygna will still want to talk to Stellaluna when she's done at Schola Pythagoranis (whenever that is).

Diabolic Past? Maybe Adorjan was somehow involved with the DLE. It's quite possible that he wasn't the only diabolist in Stonehenge, and maybe if he had succeeded in giving Cygna all seven brands, she would have been given to the DLE for whatever reason, especially if they could have used her Susceptibility to Infernal Power against her.

Other than that, Cygna's going to have to walk a tight-rope between dissuading anyone from pursuing the "Hey, speaking of missing Arch-Magi, how do we know that Leona went into Final Twilight?" angle and trying to be devout and pious (i.e. not lying) while she's working toward having Adorjan exorcised in...um...three years and three seasons.

Claudia is going to be shopping for books to refurbish the covenant library. And if she hears that Gallus Florensis was"Once the greatest library in the tribunal" but that "many of the library's lesser texts have already been sold or traded," she would probably work on trying to get it at least as good as it was, if not better.

Plus, don't forget that Claudia has the "Visions" Story Flaw...maybe that could help?

Oh, y'all can and should be looking into it-- you just won't be ready to go and get them for quite a while.

Sounds like it's time for a raid...

As he walks away Attravere hears Tektonious' advice. Once he has traveled sufficiently far enough he'll spends a few minutes berating himself for not having thought of it. He'll also more strongly consider the possibility that Tektonius is genuinely concerned for Shmuel's wellbeing.

Once he's berated himself properly he'll go speak with Josef, to see what is known of their lineage.

At this point, I'm going to formally request that anyone interested in playing Shmuel, speak up now. If he gets a PC tag over his head, it will be up to his player to determine which House he'll end up as.

If he remains an NPC, JL and Kui can fighttothedeath.

Shmuels death? Done. :smiling_imp:

Monkey knife fight in a meat locker, traditional-style. GO!

I've been told I'm less than expected power already, so I have no idea what I should be doing with 7-8 years of advancement.

This would be the geas/curse we're carrying now from the oath? Probably not, if it's only hinted.

I bit on everything that seemed appropriate for my character to react to, trying to play a more active character than Gideon. Unfortunately I'm still very lost half the time in trying to figure things out. I doubt I can be much help in driving things - I'm here to learn, and to aid others with an extra character... not to create plot and offer direction.

This would be a frequent problem when you have more than half of your characters created after the saga starts by people trying to get into it without knowing the deep, rich, in depth backstory. Dunno how to fix that.