1222 - Odds and Ends

Trogdor, am I right in assuming that the raw vis for the wand would be paid right away? In which case I would add 11 pawns of Creo vis to Maximilian's reserves and remove the wand from his possessions, while you would deduct the 11 pawns and add the wand to Orion's character sheet.

Here's the item's description:

In the winter of 1222, Stavros the merchant comes by to visit the covenant. As is usual, he asks whether there are things folks want him to look for, etc. He also asks if the covenant would be interested in selling the milk from their sheep to a new cheese-maker in Patras he is sponsoring.

Roll for casting the Aegis at level 30 at the end of the year:

Base 30 (18 Rego, 3 Vim, 2 Stamina, 1 Artes Liberal, 1 Philosophae, 5 Aura) + 3 (roll) = 33 Aegis

In the middle of July, Christophoros approaches Orion to discuss a topic where the school's activities may impact the covenant.

"Magus Orion," he nods to the covenant's leader, "while recruiting teachers for the school, I was approached by a representative of the mundane authorities regarding the school's curriculum. As you may or may not know, Duke Geoffrey, as part of his negociations with the Vatican to get his excommunication lifted, agreed to promote the use of Latin in education. As part of that commitment, there is currently an offer to provide a Roman priest as a teacher for our school, to teach Latin and theology to our students. I wanted to know what the covenant's stance is regarding that. Would the presence of this priest be objectionnable to you, and the magi in general? I am yet undecided on the subject, myself."

(Not sure if Stavros has direct contacts with the magi. If not, the request would come through the covenant's steward.)

Maximilian will ask Stavros if he has access to exotic woods for carving, such as hornbeam, linden, rowan and yew, as well as other materials that would be useful to him in making enchanted items, such as ivory, antlers and bone, small gemstones, etc. Quality carving tools would also be of interest to the Verditius mage.

I believe Stavros actually knows the Magi, although most normal commercial activities are of course conducted with the steward. So I will assume that Maximillian talks with Stavros. (My intention is that Stavros has visited enough, and is enouhg of an optimist, to make deals with the Magi in spite of the effect on him of the gift.)

In response to Maximillians requests, "How much wood are you looking for? I am sure I can get it. As for tools, I will see if the suppliers here can make such. If not, I am sure I can arrange to get them through Thessalonica, but it may take some time. I will be happy to let you know if I come across any more exotic materials."