1222.OOC

...which is doubly frustrating because I'd LIKE to see plotlines like this, but they must necessarily progress in a linear fashion.

It wasn't so much of a problem with 1222.2a-d. The problem, in my mind, was starting 1222.2e too soon. Now it is hard to judge whether to bring something up during the battle's aftermath in 2b, or waiting until 1222.2e, especially when we still haven't determined when 2e begins, relative to the end of 2b.

Well, if players wanted to do a lot in 1222.2b, I'd necessarily start swinging a clue-by-four. Alexei wants to fight, but can't, for fear of leaving the covenant undefended. Jacques or Thera could counsel Alexei that while he may know who to attack, tramping clear across France and attacking Confluenses/Valerian is a breach of the Code. Nevermind that Valerian breached the Code, that has to be proven. If Alexei wishes to declare a Wizard's War against Valerian, he's certainly within rights to do so, Wizard's Wars may be declared for little more than looking at a magus funny.

I think I said in 1222.2e that it begins about 1 week after Fiona disappears, which is about 4-5 days after Viscaria, Isen arrive, and 5-6 days after Korvin and Laetitia arrive. Although Laetitia is keeping a very low profile until that meeting.

I would take a page from Roger Zelazny's Creatures of Light and Darkness and weave his nervous system into a rug ( while anchoring the ghost to it). So he can enjoy the pain of us walking on him.

Would Cygna have claimed, or would the Vintners believe that she claimed, that they are Spirits of Mentem made manifest?

Cygna certainly spent time studying them, and may have drawn that conclusion from her studies. However, the astute might notice that Charles Vintner described his own beliefs as substantiated facts, while making any opposing theory sound like speculation without any basis at all.

Do I have to re-read 19 pages of posts? (I kinda read them the first time, but just skimmed it to be sure none of my characters were being summoned or something)

Go from back to front and skim JL's posts. Just look for ones longer than 3 lines. :smiley:

You have the gist of what happened. Laetitia's act sets into motion the other events. Can the attack on Harco be proven to be Guernicus? No. Can the assassination of Garus be proven to be Guernicus? No. Can the attack on Mons Electi be proven to be Guernicus? No.

Actually, for some reason I was thinking Korvin's was the Lost Boys thread (19 pages), then I remembered it was the Presence thread, which is only 8. But it's actually more of a pet peeve of mine sometimes, it just annoys me when someone goes "I blah him." Because what usually happens is that the party got split into two groups, and when the gm is focusing on one group, the other group is doing something else until he gets back to us (usually involving watching cartoons or getting food or something). So when the party gets back together, there's always one person who says that he tells us what happened. And I'm always, "Um...okay...you tell us what happened. So, tell us what happened."

Like I said...personal pet peeve, and I'm sure I'm in the vast minority here, but that's why I knee-jerk griped about having to read nineteen pages of posts trying to figure out what all happened.. shrug

In this vein, i write pretty much everything so that all players can see it. It is then the players' responsibility to relay information that their characters would and keep private information their characters would want to keep private. Players shouldn't presume any character, including their own, knows anything unless a character says it or I say it. This way players can know if their characters are being manipulated or lied to.

Yeah, they can. Quaesitorial magic exists for precisely that reason.

The problem as I see it (and I guess also Laetitia's opinion on it) is that if we prove it, they'll kill us before we can get word out.

For some context, Founding Ordo Miscellanea was originally separate from and in competition with the Order of Hermes. It was possible that there could have been two competing organizations with the Parma Magica and also at war with each other. It was Tytalus, not House Guernicus that actually brokered a truce and managed to bring the House into the Order.

Oh...right. Ordo Miscellanea, not ex Miscellanea. Got it.

But then, she's a hedgie and is probably thinking that this is part of that whole -3 that most of the house has to put up with from the rest of the Order.

I wonder if Laetitia has enough social skills to get herself elected the new Flambeau prima >.<

I will point out that if the objective is to stay alive and avoid a Guernicus assassination attempt, it didn't work out too well for the previous occupant of that position... :laughing:

You seem to have misplaced your post, JL!

...Either she'd fail and Alexei might hate her forever for trying to do something he wants himself, or she would succeed and he will suddenly think she is THE Perfect Woman :stuck_out_tongue:

Misplaced my post? I'm not following.

Some funny things happened with that post. It had several copies of the same quote from you. I edited those out. I still see the post, however.

Weird, all I see is you quoting my text (just once) and nothing else.

I said...

I will point out that if the objective is to stay alive and avoid a Guernicus assassination attempt, it didn't work out too well for the previous occupant of that position... :laughing:

The last guy didn't have an elaborate deception planned, to make the Inner Council think they'd bought him!

@jebrick: I think we need to iron out some inconsistencies here...

Note, because you open Abigail's Arts in Summer, you've satisfied the Code demands of teaching for 1222. You can choose to assign her a text to read, and I think there are plenty to choose from in the library, not being used in Winter of 1222. Note, having her help installing a Greater Feature doesn't provide her or your any benefit, and you can't simultaneously teach her while installing the Greater Feature (a two season project).

I'm also nixing the use of Glaukopis in your lab to assist in the LR. If he was your familiar it wouldn't be a problem, but Laetitia is the helper, not the other way around. He counts as another assistant, and without a Leadership score, you're unable to handle more than one assitant. In her lab, she could have you and he helping, but of course, her CrCo lab scores are lower.

Also, I hadn't done a final ruling on Leadership and help in the lab, as I discussed here. I'm not sure I had clear consensus, but I'm inclined to go with Leadership +1 for # of assistants in the lab, with the Bonisagus getting Leadership +2. So if he were to acquire a leadership score along the way between Spring and Fall, somehow, he could certainly have more than one assistant in the lab. Hint: Abigail edges Glaukopis out slightly as she is Brilliant and Ra'am taught her MT during Winter of 1221.