1223.2 Whatever happened to Mr. Walid?

Alexei nods and makes a sigh of relief. "40 then. Korvin, if we have that much vis and Herbam? I'll repay our Covenant as needed." he looks to Sevrin. "I believe you know of an account that I have?" Alexei's personal vis source, was usually arranged or brokered through House Mercere I believe. "If necessary I'll move what I have to from that as well. Korvin, thank you, thank you and thank you again. You came here on short notice and aided this immensely, I am sorry if this took up more of your time."

Korvin will lean in close to Alexei. We have 36 pawns now. We will not get more until next spring. Offer 4 creo to make it up but I hate to part with that.

Alexei whispers back. "That's why I offered my account, Mercere should be familiar with it, it's for services rendered to the House and various Tribunals. I should be able to cover the remainder."

((The vis source amount was never fully disclosed, but it should have 4 pawns in it, hopefully of Creo, Herbam or maybe Technique? And since it comes through Mercere it should likely be easily accessed from here.))

Korvin nods. I will return shortly with the 36 pawns of herbam. Alexei will make arrangements for the other 4.

((I will update the ledger))

((You designed the vis source from your personal build points: 6 pawns per year! The type is more or less random, as per your description. It stays/accumulates in an account until Alexei collects it, due to the Normandy Tribunal PC regarding vis sources.))

Let's say that if Alexei gives vis from this account, we call it one year of Alexei's vis (6 pawns), due to some unfavorable types in there, no creo, corpus, vim or herbam.... Good?

Go ahead and prep a list of what should be in his account at the end of 1227, too. What you think is reasonable, I might veto or switch it around...

Alexei bows to Korvin and then to Sevrin. "The remaining vis can come from my account, please take the 4 pawns of your choice from it to compensate you for this. I thank you again, and shall wait for Korvin to return and then we can recover the family. I should go there first to inform them and will leave behind an Arcane Connection of the area I left them. At your discretion." he holds out one of the rocks he picked up when he was last with Mufarrj. "I have connections to each of them as well, should it be necessary or convenient."

((Depending on how the vis is determined for Alexei's personal source, they might make out pretty well though. If he got to take a share from a general coffer for example, he might have always gotten the scraps that others didn't want. But now with this, I'd say they're free to pad the choice in their favor with my approval. Kind of like legal embezzlement maybe. Otherwise if they need to take the full 6 this time due to some of it being less valuable, I'm fine with that.

I'll work on what his vis looks like then for 1227, that'd be 24 pawns at that point. How about:

4 Rego
6 Corpus
5 Herbam
5 Ignem
4 Vim))

That distribution is fine...

I'm just going to wrap this up... Mufarjj is returned to Mons Electi along with his family.

Subtract 36 pawns of Herbam from covenant stores, and also 4 pawns of Herbam from the distribution. Sevrin asks if Alexei would like to make a contribution to the Redcap Widows and Orphans fund...

10 XP to Alexei, 1 Confidence point.

Alexei will gladly donate some silver, a pound should do it probably? I'll update his sheet and exchange the xp for this season for the studying he did.

Alexei will spend 5 on Magic Lore and buy the Ability, and put another 5 in Order of Hermes Lore. I got 10 from the end of Have you ever danced with the Devil. I thought there was another recent thread and he got like 2 Confidence Points? I can't seem to find it.

And for the time spent on that he'll move up his studies and drop the spell he learned; Wizard's Sidestep. Imaginem and illusion aren't his things anyway.

I haven't added up all the days spent here, you can do that, if you'd like... I seem to remember at least 7. So lab work may still be possible. It's probably worth a review of adding up all the days Alexei spent out of the lab...

Nah, he'll just take the Adventure XP, he'd want to help Mufarrj and family get settled, that XP went to a good home. So Alexei should be up to speed, just can't find the post regarding the 2 Confidence I thought I saw.

Well, don't worry about it. Those Confidence points were points in arrears, so to speak. Going forward, I'm trying to award confidence at the story's conclusion. But, yes, as I recall, Alexei had two Confidence awarded from other stories, and would get another one...