1223.4 Don't Forget the Blacksmith of Brandywine

I sit corrected.

Fiona will be doing her Miracle Max impersonation. She'll get them into the regio (and show them how to get in and out), then she will wave them goodbye with a heartfelt "Bye-bye, boys! Have fun storming the castle!"

She will be sorely tempted to stay and dally with the Blacksmith, but she's already wasted, what, three weeks (outside time) here? One more night/week would put a serious dent in her studies for the season...although it might almost be worth it.

I'm nearly ready to start a new thread (someone else could too). But Jonathan, can you give a ruling on whether Tranquillina does find an Arcane Connection to Marcus, even before we try the Where's My iDrake app? Her plan is to use The Eye of the Sage and The Ear for Distant Voices to gather information about Marcus's surroundings. (In theory she could try The Inexorable Search too - who has a map of the Magic Realm? Nobody? :open_mouth: ) Best timing: just after sunrise or sunset, before he has a chance to renew his Parma. And yeah yeah, magical scrying.... :unamused: whatevs, we're all friends here.

Tranquillina is definitely willing to go along on the rescue mission once it commences.

Marcus's quarters do have a sanctum marker on them. So going in is a clear violation of his sanctum. Enter at your own risk. There's also nothing in the Covenant to state that this is a violation of the Protected Guest status.

Hmmkay, Tranqillina will instead wait until we see if the fire drake plan works out before crossing a sanctum marker. I don't know how high the odds would be that Marcus has rigged up his temporary sanctum with traps - but if he had, I gather they would be traps of the deadly variety :imp:

(PS: I think it's resonable for a Protected Guest who spends at least a season at a covenant to claim a sanctum there - although they'd probably have to relinquish any other sanctum to do so. Certainly that detail would have been discussed when Marcus first arrived. Above Lina's pay grade. :wink: )

[color=blue]"It sounds like we have a consensus that we should go back to Magic and try to rescue Marcus," Fiona says. [color=blue]"Anyone who wants to go, meet me outside Apollodorus's sanctum an hour after sunrise tomorrow."

Isen will be here.

10 xp for Fiona
7 for Wilhelm
5 for each of the grogs.
Am I missing anyone?

Any particular rules for Adventure xp in this saga, other than being pertinent to the story?
Falko: Awareness 1 xp, Great Weapon 2 xp, Music 1 xp, Survival 1 xp
Jehanne: Awareness 1 xp, Single Weapon 2 xp, Latin 1 xp, Survival 1 xp

Nope, it's all as per RAW.
Legitimate off-scene activities can use XP, too. So, if you can come up with a believable [strike]excuse[/strike]reason that the character would have used that Ability, I'll probably roll with it...

Fiona: 5 xp Leadership, 2 xp Creo, 3 xp Herbam.

Wilhelm: 3 points Latin, 4 points Hunt