1223.4 Mama I'm Coming Home

Iolair chuckles out loud, "I can only imagine the look on that librarian's face. And I must admit, if I were one of your sailors, I would probably feel the need for a morale boost quite often. I'm curious...you seem less...modest than most women I've come across in my years. Is that a virtue of all women from Naples, or perhaps you time on the seas?"

"How many Tytalus maga do you know?"

"Hmm, I suppose you would be the first."

"I'm a maga. I like men. I'm the captain of a ship. A ship at sea is it's own world, and there, I am the Lady of that world. And so I enjoy the privileges that come with rank."

"Fair enough," Iolair says as his eyes glance down at her breasts before looking back into her eyes. "I am definitely not one to judge. I was just curious if all women where you come from are like this, or if you are just uniquely enlightened," he says with a playful smile.

Talia shrugs as if she's unconcerned about others degree of enlightenment. "People tend to lock themselves into their own self-assigned roles. I do what I want, when I want. If others are around to assist me in whatever endeavor I undertake, they are more than welcome to do so. If not, I take care of myself. The pursuit of sexual pleasure or combat, knowledge or power, it all applies. But, pardon my observation, men are so predictable when it comes to sex that I almost never have a problem, even with the adverse effects of the Gift. Even you are demonstrating all the signs..."

Iolair nods, "As I said, I don't disagree with you, it's just rare, and refreshing, to find someone as self-aware as you are. As for the predictability of men goes...it has been my experience that women are just as predictable, though most do their best to hide their intentions. As for me, I appreciate beauty, and as you are unabashed in displaying yours, I feel no qualms in openly admiring it."
"

"Well, in an effort to not be predictable... Right here, right now, in front of everyone." Talia appears completely serious and backs it up by sitting astride Iolair facing him and starts grinding...

While Talia can feel Iolair's body responding to her grinding, he takes a deep breath, grabs her hips and lifts her off of him and onto the table so that she is still facing him, "I......I prefer to keep my...intimate encounters...private. Although if the offer still stands, I would be happy to join you somewhere less...crowded."

"More's the pity." When his hands are on her hips trying to pull her off, she just adjusts and stands, stepping away from Iolair. "There's never really any privacy aboard a ship. And intimacy is not what I'm seeking." She pats him on the cheek, "Enjoy the salmon, I'm going to give my son a goodnight kiss and tuck him in, then I'm returning to my sanctum and my crew. See you around, Iolair."

Iolair chuckles, "I will, it is the best salmon in the Highlands after all. Have a wonderful evening Talia."

"I always do."

Well, she definitely got the attention of pretty much everyone in the room...especially the young men. She's been there better than a year and a half, and almost certainly has a reputation; I would imagine that a few have probably screwed up the courage to ask if they could spend some time with her.

...and everyone's like, "Dude...Talia shot him down? Wtf?" :laughing:

((Can you nail a six inch spike through a board with your penis?))

((To be honest, I've never really tried.))

((I was looking for "Not right now."
But, my response is the same.
A girl's gotta have her standards.))

(Actually, she sat on Iolair and he pushed her away, so they saw him shoot her down first...)

Let's dice it out!, :laughing:

After Talia leaves, Iolair smiles briefly to himself and digs into the salmon sitting in front of him. After he's finished he looks around the Hall for someone who might be able to point him to a place he can stay for the night.

As Iolair looks around the revel hall, he sees a young (maybe early 20s?) woman a couple of tables over glancing at him, more than once. When he starts looking around in earnest, she gets up and approaches him.

"Do you speak Gaelic?" she says in Gaelic.

Assuming he says he does, she continues. "You seem lost. Maybe I can help you?" She then motions to the bench next to him to ask if she can sit.