1225.2 Cuts Like a Hot Knife Through Buttah

((Beech is relatively common through northern Europe.))

(on to the side event :slight_smile: )

Korvin walks towards an area where Tranquillina and he can look out on the Tribunal preparations.

I had a talk with Viscaria recently. She seems preoccupied with something else and is falling behind on the Tribunal preparations. I think we will need to hire some outside contractors to help her and finish up. How are our finances to handle hiring someone like Praxiteles?

((Petronius, and Arthur can correct me if I'm wrong, probably doesn't have the skills to help. Praxiteles probably does. And it's possible that jebrick picked the wrong character, because both start with the letter 'P' and it can be tough to identify who is who.
And Viscaria is only falling behind if the troupe wants her to fall behind. The Tribunal will have sufficient accommodations, based on what Amul had done,regardless. If there is a desire to make it stellar, totally awesome and over the top, consistent with Amul's/Viscaria's vision, that's up to the troupe, and that would be the effect of having her fall behind, that her vision wouldn't be fully realized, and the end result isn't quite as grand as she had hoped. Hubris before a fall, if you will.))

((Well, Petronius is a Mercurian strong in Terram, so he has quite a few rituals that can be used to help build a covenant and which could be relevant to Tribunal preparations. Conjuring the Mystic Tower is a definitive yes, other capabilities would be on a per-request basis. Most would be rituals. The magi of Mons Electi will have to make specific requests, as he will not volounteer his spell list. He would go with asnwers like: "I can do that", "Something similar" or "No". But this will have to be in-character.))

((I'm just picking up on the face that Viscaria is leaving the game and making a small story of it. I'm assuming she is still her and she would be in charge.))

Tranquillina looks out over the partially built bridge between the Tribunal plateau and Viscaria's cave, rubbing her chin. "Our mundane finances are in a delicate state of balance," she begins, "not offering too much leeway for incurring unexpected expenses, while allowing the ordinary business of Mons Electi to run smoothly and provide us with the lifestyle we require."

"On the other hand: retaining someone like Praxiteles would presumably entail a contract in vis, not silver. And our vis stores, to my understanding, are well ample for such an expenditure."

I would like you to take the lead in opening negotiations with Praxiteles. He seems a bit of a wolf so your female guile might gain us a better contract. Korvin waves his hands in front of him. I'm not asking you to sleep with him or even suggesting it but he seems to be distracted around pretty women.

((Korvin's Guile is unconvincing. He is not telling the whole truth))
1d10+3=13
1d10=7

Viscaria's hubris may prevent her from properly assigning the work. I have a short list here of what the contract could entail. Mainly creation of buildings. The sewage system and other cosmetic items.

Sound him out but if you feel uncomfortable with this task then let me know.

As Tranquillina takes the list from Korvin, she easily sees that the Princeps is hiding something. ((Per 2 + Folk Ken 3 + stress die 5 = 10.)) "I can handle Praxiteles, never worry," she counters. "But I should approach him with some idea of what Mons Electi is willing to offer in exchange. I would hate to misrepresent our position," she pronounces pointedly, catching Korvin's eye.

((For those who wonder what Petronius looks like, here's an image of him.))

((Let's move interactions/negotiations between Petronius and Praxiteles for Tribunal stuff to the Tribunal Prep thread, and break that out of time, to some extent. After things have calmed down a bit...is anyone going to start paying attention to the elephant in the courtyard?))

((If you're referring to that cryptic "Now back track a bit and put all the pieces together... Muhahaha." from a couple of days ago...I'm still not getting it :cry:

If you mean the semi-awesome-looking black statue of the pegasus, Fiona will drool over it when she gets back from finding a piece of oak for Praxiteles.))

Valerian...

((p.s. Unless you mean that Praxiteles had a hand in Valerian's training and taught him Finesse, thinking that it would only apply to statues, or Rego Craft stuff. That I got, but I can't figure out what's so significant about it.))

Well, there are two people who know Valerian, one better than the other, and appear to be friendly...

((Of all the times to actually make my Awareness roll :laughing: - Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 6 = 9...of course, she was having a brief erotic reverie about Praxiteles, too, so maybe she was distracted. :wink: In other words, I'm hoping someone else will pick it up and run with it, but I will if I have to...or at least, I'll try.))

I did break things up a bit, what with his shouting at Alexei, but that seemed totally in character for Praxiteles and someone getting in his way of his art...
No one needs an awareness roll, you can bring things back... IF Fiona wants to do it pre, post, or during coitus... That's up to her. :smiley:

Something in Korvin's demeanor seems to set Tranquillina off. "If the chirps of the covenfolk are any indication, Praxiteles - and his wife also - have been well taken care off since their arrival; I doubt I hold any particular allure for them. And as for retaining Praxiteles to assist Viscaria with her Tribunal preparations," she continues, handing the list back to Korvin, "it seems very much like a magical matter, rather than one of mundane resources. If Viscaria cannot address the situation, and as there is no deputy Aedilis, I suspect this is one of those rare times when being Princeps disadvantages you."

Tranquillina pats him on the shoulder, trying to convey her honest amusement rather than condescension. ((Com 3 + Charm (distracting attention from herself) 3 + stress die 6 = 12.)) "Look on the bright side, sodalis: you will have all the more opportunity to converse with Alips."

Uhh, paging Dr. Korvin to the manor to demonstrate his bedside manner... :smiley:

Korvin will go back to where Praxiteles is working. When there is a pause in the work ( that is obvious)

Sodalis, when you are done for the day with your carving, I would like to talk to you about possibly another contract.

We'll say this is on a different day, maybe the very next day, just not the same day when the slab was transported. Just for fun, and because I can, given that Korvin is interrupting him while he is working and he had already stopped working the night before... :smiley:
I'll describe Fiona's night modestly, but Praxiteles and Alips kept her up until dawn... And then Praxiteles rested a few hours before starting work on Black Pegasus.
((Someone still needs to broach the whole Valerian thing...if the players want to broach it...))

Alips jumps down from the spot on which she is perched and comes over to Korvin, "In addition to his muse, I am his chargé d'affaires." She walks confidently over to Korvin and strokes his chest. "What services does my lord magus require? I'm so very sure you will find we can be most accommodating. You could ask Fiona, if you'd like." Alips licks her lips while one of her hands goes further down Korvin's torso hovering tantalizingly around his waist.