1226.3a A friendly duel

[color=brown]That's what I'm talking about buddy :smiley:. Teamwork. We are on the same side here. Didn't realize that at first. I know it may be contrary to Tytalus philosophy. But we got to work together.
Roberto is using Leadership to try and inspire Marcus with the spirit of cooperation.
Presence +1, Leadership 3, and Roberto rolls an 8. Total is 12, and if needed I will spend Confidence.

He smiles. The smile of one well schooled in human nature, and Roberto feels his efforts at leadership mostly blunted. "I require additional penetration. Do you know Wizard's communion of any type, even the type used to fuel rituals would be useful. Tell you what, you go find four other Magi of Mons Electi, or elsewhere, for that matter, to assist in this endeavor, who know Wizard's Communion, and we can probably pull it off. Right now, Calefacto is beyond my ability to locate. It is possible that Calefacto is aleady dead, within a dominion aura, such as Cunfin's monestary, or within the Aegis of Confluensis."

((PC rules for rolls are in effect with Marcus, meaning it is largely a function of how the players feel this should go. Marcus is the closest character I have as a PC in this saga, next to Ra'am, and the visiting Praxiteles and his wife Alips.))

Hurm...
phone must have ate my last post.
Roberto asks Marcus to come with him, and sends a messenger around requesting that the council gather together.

Tranquillina arrives in the council chamber not long after Roberto and Marcus, wearing an autumn-themed dark orange dress that looks vaguely Iberian; her brownish-red hair is loose around her teenage face, unconstrained by any hat. The outfit seems to have been hastily made or hastily donned; if that is the case, it surely speaks to the level of accessible wealth at Mons Electi.

She nods politely to Roberto and chats with Marcus about [strike]the amazing daring rescue in 1223.4 featuring Tranquillina as the eventual superhero[/strike] the events of the day.

A man that Roberto doesn't know shows up a few minutes after Tranquillina. From you can see, the man looks barely 30 years old. I bit taller than average, but without much musculature on his bony frame, he has pale brown hair and is clean-shaven. His brown eyes are fairly ordinary, above a mouth that is wider than most. He is dressed in a knee-length tunic of slightly faded blue and grey striped chausses. He carries an engraved short walking staff -- slightly over a yard in length and clearly not a weapon -- made of oak.

Nodding to Tranquilina, he says, "I heard there was need of support for a communal casting?"

[color=brown]That is what Marcos and I were discussing. I need his help locating Califactos, and to do so I need some of you to help him cast his spell so that it is sufficiently strong enough to overcome any barriers (penetrate magic resistance)[color=brown].
He has information I need, and if he is unlawfully held captive, I intend to liberate him.

And the dress looks very Spanish. Roberto takes notice of that. Can you toss in a link to that character's sheet?

Fiona arrives in her Hermetic robes and settles comfortably in one of the larger chairs.

[color=blue]"Califactos?" she says. ((Afaik, she doesn't really know much, if anything, about what's going on with Califactos, Valerian, or the bandit raid. I think this is within a day or so of Roberto's arriving, right?"

((In point of fact, Marcus clearly said he was your contact, and relayed all you needed to know from Ariel. Calefacto has nothing to add, Marcus already told Roberto everything. Of course Marcus didn't relay that he had met with Calefacto before he was apprehended by Valerian... We can retcon Roberto's call for a council meeting/assistance here, if you'd like. Otherwise, Marcus will be bemused by all the hubbub.))

Back at Alexei's sanctum:

"Master Lexi, the new Magus Roberto is calling a council meeting. Have you spoke with him yet? He seems...eager." Helmut says as he takes a cloak out of the armoire for Alexei. Alexei looks up from his studies, he'd been reading them through a prism lately to ease his eyes.

"Roberto is calling a meeting? What is he calling a meeting for?" he says with some annoyance. "Can he do that?" he asks as he stands up, some of his joints creaking. "He can't do that, can he?"

"Why not? I could call a meeting if I wanted to." Helmut says as he retrieves Alexei's staff for him. Alexei looks at him incredulously.

"You? How would you..." he takes the offered cloak and staff.

"I'd say that you were calling it." Helmut says with a shrug. Alexei responds with a shrug as well.

"I suppose that would work." he sighs and puts on his slippers, for once not leaving with his armor on.

Alexei arrives shortly after stopping the larder for some bread, cheese and wine. "So...what is the Council being convened for?"

Ah, my mistake. I still say the same, for there may still be something to be learned.
And if he is one of ours I will back him up. So soldiers are to be left behind. Ever. And I will not let an innocent man hang if I have anything to do about it.

And technically, Roberto didn't call a meeting. He simply requested that the council to gather.
:smiley:

"Califactos, Calefactos... Where have I heard that name... The man ponders for a bit, and then his expression lights up. "Of House Tytalus? From somewhere north? Walks with a slight limp, with an eye that twitches?" Nodding to himself as if proud of his memore, the man suddely stops, tilts his head to the right, and sends a piercing look at Rodrigo.

"And would you mind telling me why you want to scry at another magus?"

((Actually, that is a fairly common way to dress in many parts of Europe at the time. The man doesn't look Spanish. Make whatever assumption you wish.))

((As for a link to a character sheet: No :wink: ))

With a bemused smile, "It's something that Roberto wanted, and it amuses me. If chance should provide us the opportunity to measure Confluensis's Aegis of the Hearth, all the better."

[color=brown]I don't. I just want to find him and rescue him if required. Marcos here thought of casting a spell. I have no idea what spell that is, he just asked for assistance to do so. But he is doing me a favor. Let them work it out Tytalus to Tyatlus later if they want. The method has nothing to do with me.
If you have another idea, I am all ears. And I will fully confess, I am a soldier, not a detective. I am floundering like a fish out of water. But I will persevere.

My first assumption was the picture was not of a man :blush:
Phone interwebs makes for tiny pics that are hard to see.

[/quote]
Okay, nevermind...

"Ahh, no, my lord Flambeau, I asked if you wanted me to locate him, his exact position right now. You then proceeded to talk about teamwork, and working together. I have a long history of working with the magi of Mons Electi, and I am ever willing to serve her magi. Where you point, I shall follow." He smiles, "Calefacto's situation is what it is. I'm interested in this endeavor to gauge the strength of Confluensis's Aegis. So our interests are in confluence."

((Who is that talking? I assumed that color was for Marcus right now, but that would mean he's speaking of himself to the third person...))

"Rescue him from what? Detective work? You may want to explain yourself a bit more, sodalis, because right now you are not making much sense. After all, you are technically asking for us to help another magus commit a lesser crime."

Shaking his head, the man adds, "You could start by telling me your name. I am Petronius scholae Bonisagi, by the way, a guest of Mons Electi."

((You can make an Order of Hermes Lore roll to see if you have heard the name before.))

I took this to be a reference to Tranquillina. ((Let me know if you can't view that page, Marko. Of course you know almost none of that in character :slight_smile: ))
Nice to hear that the dress in the picture (linked below) looks very Spanish! Unfortunately Tranquillina's Finesse roll was only a 7, so it probably doesn't look as nice as the picture does.

"A lesser crime!? Bah! If I'm involved in a cabal to commit a crime, I'm only interested in committing High Crimes." Marcus lets loose with a full belly laugh.

Back at Alexei's sanctum:

"Master Lexi, the new Magus Roberto is calling a council meeting. Have you spoke with him yet? He seems...eager." Helmut says as he takes a cloak out of the armoire for Alexei. Alexei looks up from his studies, he'd been reading them through a prism lately to ease his eyes.

"Roberto is calling a meeting? What is he calling a meeting for?" he says with some annoyance. "Can he do that?" he asks as he stands up, some of his joints creaking. "He can't do that, can he?"

"Why not? I could call a meeting if I wanted to." Helmut says as he retrieves Alexei's staff for him. Alexei looks at him incredulously.

"You? How would you..." he takes the offered cloak and staff.

"I'd say that you were calling it." Helmut says with a shrug. Alexei responds with a shrug as well.

"I suppose that would work." he sighs and puts on his slippers, for once not leaving with his armor on.

Alexei arrives shortly after stopping the larder for some bread, cheese and wine. "So...what is the Council being convened for?"

Thanx Gerg. Yeah, I was referring to Tranquilla. Not full stats, just appearance (apparent age/Presence score) and stuff like that. See, Roberto is a single man and is putting off Longevity until he can sire a child or two. At first glance, Tranquilla seems like an eligible young maga and potential marriage material. He is clueless as to the fact she is almost twice his age!!
To Marcos: [color=brown]You, sir, are a prevaricator and a miscreant. And you are on my list.
And with that, Roberto leaves. He saddles up his horse with the magical rein, and goes for a ride to blow off steam. He intends to find a secluded spot where he can freely fire off Piliae of Fire. A lot. Against a rock or the ground. Something tangible, something direct.
Then maybe sit and contemplate introspectively. He is frustrated. This is all over his head. Most of his life, the enemy was ever clear and he understood how to deal with it. See target, shoot target. Meet bad guy, stab bad guy.
Fire, FIRE, FIRE!
Isn't that what Entessimon said? What clenses infection? What forges steel?
What brings Illumination.
He doesn't understand a single clue he has been given. What will shed light upon it?
He whittles it down. What is the goal? The true objective? The death of a Primus, who did it and why? That was Santiago's question. And why was the alarm never sounded?
Screw Calafuctuationis ard screw Markus and the hell with Ariel. Santiago wants to know what happened to Garus. Ariel surrounds herself with fools and criminals. Garus at least had honor, though he was not the same class as great Primi such as Entessimon and Vancasitum, he was a man true to his word and swift with his sword.
[color=brown]Where do I go from here?