1228-1229 OOC

We also have 37 total grogs in the turb from Atsingani. Only 5 of which have been put on paper. I think you could fill out the other 32 of them then talk to me about hiring more.

Ha! I thought it was going to be Jareth :slight_smile:

Well, you can find out who it is if you make a good enough awareness roll...

this is Korvin and awareness rolls:

Paging Tranquillina! Can you just run through the Antiquities thread long enough for me to roll an awareness? :smiley:

More than 5 - see the wiki.

FYI if you aren't watching The Mistress spanks twice thereis a council of magi that has been convened.
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/working-off-flaws/334/1

I must have been with you in spirit, you adorable block of wood you! :mrgreen:

how many were brought as shield grogs and how many are defined as coming from Atsingani?

I really promise the wiki has that answer....

(( ReTe or PeTe, Base 3, +1 for affecting stone, +2 for R: Voice. Level 10 spell, 15 if you add a magnitude for finesse required. It wouldn't work as the target for a Hermetic Circle/Ring spell, since that requires the magus physically tracing a circle, but it will work for what Pinchas has in mind. However, Korvin has no clue what Pinchas is capable of, so he'd be within his rights to tell the rabbi to bugger off.))

The finesse to do it would be pretty high.
Also, it would be T:Part

Oh. Nevermind, then.

And in case a player points to TMRE, and Scribe the Perfect Circle, it's on the ground, (dirt) and is restricted to a mystery cult of some sort.

I'm just curious how many players have twigged to who Uman is at this point. :slight_smile:

FYI the mentem vis harvested from the tent canvases increased to 11 pawns and is also 11 pawns in 1229.

I haven't, but I just want someone to say, "Who da man? Uman!" with the double finger point.

Let's see. Creo Herbam, Base 2 to create a processed plant product, +2 for treated and processed plant products like clothing or furniture. R: Touch +1, D: Sun +2, T: Group +2, 100 individuals for +2, equals a final spell level of 35. Wowsers, that's a lot more than I thought it would be. Let's drop it to Individual, and remove the 100 individuals. That drops the Spell Level to 15. And the item would have Unlimited Uses +10, for an Effect Level of 25. Fiona can almost make this in one season, with experimenting, or if she uses Sheelagh.

Just out of curiosity...
Why does Fiona behave in an obsessively salacious manner? I initially thought she had the Major Flaw of Lust, but I looked her up on OP and there is no indication of such a flaw or a personality trait along those lines. I mean, certaily you can play beyond your flaws and roleplay some quirks. But this has become her defining identifying trait.

shrug It's just a personality trait that she's picked up over the years that I just never got around to actually putting on the character sheet. I'll fix it now.

Okay, guys. Here's my issue.

1. We're attempting to guard against magi with high Parma scores. That means wards are of strictly limited utility.

2. We're attempting to guard against powerful, skilled magi. The Aegis helps with that, true, but obtaining a casting token through social or underhanded means is relatively uncomplicated. (Say Bilera shows up with a half-dozen Hoplites in tow, says she's here to investigate, oh, accusations of and requests a casting token. We REALLY going to say 'no'? That's a pretext for being marched right there. Not to mention that a grog with a decent Legerdemain score can pick a pocket pretty easily.) Therefore, any magical defense we put up has a really good chance of being overridden.

Therefore, I feel that any defense we put up has to involve a healthy amount of misdirection, distraction, and/or confusion.

I'm done now. Talk amongst yourselves, I've blathered on enough.