1228.4 The Mistress Always Spanks Twice

Want to put Brionne on guard duty over there? He could be excited about being frozen to the spot.... The indecision between running away to get help or feeling a nice and powerful spell coursing through him... :smiley:

((I think it's funny too (paralyzed with a big O face on :laughing: ), but i usually see him soing sentry duty outside. But sure, maybe he got light duty tonight.))

((and then ... turns back to the door and opens it again to leave? :wink: ))

Tranquillina turns quickly to Benner. "One more thing, since you will be wanting to locate Fiona anyway, I am sure. Head up to the council room and inform whichever of the magi are still there that Cumhachd has also visited Apollodorus's sancum. Alexei has gone there to determine what crimes she has committeed."

Once Benner has departed and Alexandria is looking over the remaining books, Tranquillina ascends to the closest thing to a watchtower the regio-side covenant buildings have and casts Eyes of the Eagle on herself. ((Ooo, level 25 spell, I'd better add this up. Sta -3 + In 6 + Im 10 + Mastery 1 + talisman attunement (eyes) 6 + aura 5 is 25 already.)) She does look out towards the Tribunal plateau, just in case Cumhachd is dumb enough to still be walking around after the theft; but she also wants to keep an eye on the path up the mountain, as she knows one of their number will be ascending it before nightfall....

((Cumhachd isn't visible. We'll even go so far as to say you can see the villa she appropriated, but the door isn't open.))

Alexei arrives to find the two guards both paralyzed, Brionne's expression rather...odd. Alexei had seen it before of course, but for it be frozen on him. For now he decided against trying to undo it, Warping was becoming a concerning issue. Over at the table sat Junior. Alexei walked into the chamber and did a cursory look and found himself almost compuslively sniffing the air as well...a habit that he'd only recently picked up (not that it was doing him any good).

"Blast!" he walked outside again. "The spell will probably wear off at Sunset, if it doesn't we'll reverse it then, I don't wish to cast more spells on you of unknown power."

He goes back in to try and take inventory of what might be missing and await the others. He didn't know the chambers well though. Wasn't the cat still about somewhere? The thought made him inexplicably angrier.

I'm sure there is more to discuss but for now, I think we are done.

Benner comes in, and tells the remaining magi that Tranquillina requests them in Apollodorus's sanctum.

[color=blue]"Good," Fiona says as she stands. [color=blue]"I need to get well and thoroughly..." Before she can finish the thought, however:

Fiona raises a brow. [color=blue]"At least she was polite about it," she mutters, then takes off for Apollodorus's sanctum, walking with the purposeful stride of a woman who's about to beat some sense into somebody.

The remaining magi in council make their way to Apollodorus's sanctum, and they find Brionne and Junior frozen to their spots. Junior at a table in a pose that looks as if he was arm wrestling someone, and winning. Brionne with his sword out, held as if preparing to strike, but not quite in mid swing. The doors to the sanctum, and Alexei is within. Whatever countermeasures were in place to protect Apollodorus's Book of Control were easily defeated by someone who seemed to know exactly how to bypass them, somehow.

[color=blue]"This is what Alexandria said Cumhachd did to her in the library, isn't it?" Fiona asks as she looks at the two guards. She then strides into Apollodorus's sanctum (Her Corpus MR is 40+Aura, if it matters; her Mentem, 25. Can't remember off-hand what defenses are up on the sanctum besides that anti-Guernicus ward.)

[color=blue]"Is it still here, Alexei?"

The question we should be asking is how she knew about it. Anyone care to venture a guess?

Spies. Snooping around recently or longstanting agents. Or scrying. Or maybe she is mixed up in the Tytalus cabals that seem to be constantly manipulating us. Maybe she knew Apollodorus. Or maybe she knows Valarian. The best way to find out is to beat the crap outta her and get a confession. I thought Tranquillina's spell on that boy was harsh and kinda cruel. But now I am thinking the little bugger is a traitor and in cahoots with a thief.
Do you think this spell wears off, or do we need to dispell it? (pokes Junior)
Well, Payaso, not only do I think you owe Tranquillina an apology, but I say that it is on your head to resolve all of this. I will help you, we are a covenant and you are never on your own. You should have taken Tranquillina's side, but hopefully she will forgive you and help you as well.
But this is all your responsability. I let you have your way because she was your guest. I have no idea how Korvin wound up becoming her host. I think he has some explaining to do. But when she first showed up and started in with her shennanigans, I was ready to boot her out the door right there and then. But you had to but in. And now it leads to this.
I don't want to hear your apologies, excuses, explainations or arguments. Nadda. You don't have to defend yourself to me.
Just remeber this, learn a lesson from it. Take due notice and govern yourself accordingly.

All of your theories are very hollow ( as Roberto would not even have know about the book). Only full members of covenant have knowledge of what is in this room. The only one that is close to probable is that she knew Apollodorus and he told her what he was doing. Even that sounds odd as he was very secretive and not someone that could be tricked into giving up knowledge unwillingly.

Roberto would know that an Apprentice, as Loys is, has no duty to anyone but his master, and his master is the only one under the Code that can be held responsible for what the apprentice does. The attack may be rationalized as justified, as Roberto is doing here, that Tranquillina's actions are justified. Finding him to be a traitor is a bit excessive, since he has no duty to Mons Electi, of course Roberto could feel this way, but it should probably be muted that as an Apprentice, he can't really defy his mistress. Of course, this dovetails into the Quaesitorial investigation that will be descending upon Mons Electi sometime soon...

And Stultus isn't here...he's gone, so Roberto is talking to a phantom...

Alexei is looking about him in the library and looks up as people enter. "I'm...not sure where everything is, I haven't been here in awhile, but most likely the book is not here."

He's listening and searching as the talk of Loys is brought up. "Who's Loys? Her apprentice?" he heaves a sigh. "She left something for us in return, right? Some vis? Let's assess everything before we take actions that can't be undone. I'm inclined to declare multiple Wizard Wars on her, but she can likely plead to others that she's the victim, so let us make sure we have everything known. Starting with the vis. How much did we get from when she entered to when she left? This can be important, she can claim that she bought the rights to the books and hospitality."

Jacques will do a quick accounting since he did the initial inventory.

Apollodorus's Book of Control is the only thing missing.

We cannot declare Wizards war without letting everyone know about the book...which I am not prepared to do. The other book was paid for by the pawns of vis to be borrowed. And her note is quite clear. This is Tranquillina's game. She can get the book back. If any of the rest of us go Cumhachd would lead us on a merry chase but in the end a waste of our time. Now that is not to say that she can not take others with her but in the end she must be the one to confront her. Think about how Cumhachd did it. She was able cast a spell of at least 5th magnitude to freeze both guards while inside a hostile aegis.

Korvin can make a per + MT roll.

((Going back to timey-wimey ... this is happening about 10-20 minutes after the scene in Apollodorus's chamber, if Stultus goes directly back to his sanctum))

Stultus emerges from the cave with the shifting stalagmites and leans against the rock for a moment, shaking out his legs as he takes in some fresher air and the lovely view. Once through that cave, he knows, he's about two-thirds of the way to his sanctum - although the staircase at the end is the most annoying part of the walk, with its overlarge steps. As he continues on the winding path around the top portion of the mountain, a corner of the mansion comes in and out of view as the angle changes.

Somewhere between the cave and the staircase, on a short but relatively straight stretch of trail alongside the crack-laden cliff wall, a single lavender flower stands in the center of the path. It is a lily - a river flower - and the path is rocky, without the least hint of fertile soil.

((Assuming you approach it, make a Per + Awareness roll))