1228 Elia Ex Misc

I added the spells I picked for my character on the wiki.

Am ready to start doing the roll of seasons.

approved at guantlet, go ahead and begin.

According to it's writeup it seems Epidaurus has one big lab dedicated to Corpus. Would it be plausible for her to find a small place nearby with a Magic Aura to create her own private lab? I'm fine with her spending two or more seasons getting some Area Lore exploring the area, to find a suitable location. And then two more to set up the lab.

labs during character creation are not based on a certain covenant, so yes, a personal lab would be the default.

would it be possible, after three seasons of exploring the area, would it be possible to find an Idyllic Surroundings to set up her lab at?

I'm trying to not get this far into the weeds about character creation. We could try and roleplay the last 40 years of the magus life but then I would have a game falling apart as everyone wants to go over every detail and we never get around to playing.

Ok, no problem

Should I take one or two seasons to find a mandrake familiar?

Each season you search roll Magic Lore+simple die, on a 6 or higher you find a mandrake of virtue that you can bond.

I am going to need some explanation for where you are coming up with your SQ numbers- you have a 22 for studying Herbem in 1202, also I have no idea where you are getting your familiar's numbers for experience from.

Fair enough:
The Familiar XP I calculated as if any season he's not assisting in the lab, he's practicing. If you want to say that he only gets exposure XP, that's fine, I cna live with that.
Your notes say that if one installed a virtue in their lab that gives art specialization, that adds to the total of studying that art. She spent 2 seasons installing Greater Feature/Greater Focus for a +7 Herbam specialization, so I added that to total learned for Herbam.

It adds to studying that art from vis, not from a book.
Study experience is normally 4 xp per season, you have numbers all over the map, you seem to be using 5 as the default instead. Please put your die rolls on your advancement chart for reference as well.

Ok, I will do the recalculations needed. before moving on.

If Practice is only 4 XP, then I will redo the Mythic Herbalism seasons as a study, up to Ability 8.

And will have to redo the table, tracking down my rolls.

Ok, I've recalculated everything, and updated both the roll of seasons, including adding the die result, and the sheet.

This is good in terms of the rules- it does seem a bit unusual that she hasn't developed a single spell in 20 years

She researched 3 spells, and the idea is to spend a good chunk of the remaining time researching Herbam spells.

okay, I had expected them to be at the end of the list. You did change "restoration of the defiled body" to "restoration of the defiled flesh" between your advancement sheet and character sheet.

I'm also a bit uncomfortable with the assumption that a familiar would practice magic theory every season that a magus did not have use of them in the lab, but need to consider this. I think the primary issue is this would be extremely tedious for the familiar...

I plan on having the familiar develop other skills now, including his Penetration

okay, approved for the first 20 years post gauntlet, please continue.

Before I continue, I'd like to run a few things by you.

Am interested in the following spells from Magi of Hermes:
Fast Grow (p.39)
Tree Top Walk (p.39)
Sight of the Blossom, Ears of the Oak (p.40) (I want to have a target Individual version of it)

In addition, p.60 of Art and Academae has new guidelines for CrCo, and I was thinking about using one to have the following spell:

Ease the Pain of Labor
CrCo20
R: Touch, D: Sun, T: Ind
The spell eases the pain and risks of childbirth, granting the target woman +6 to her childbirth rolls.
(Base 5, +1 Touch, +2 Sun)