1228 Franz ex Miscellanea

I will take blatant gift anyways

So we good with
Major Supernatural Virtue : Strong Faerie Blood
Minor Hermetic Virtue : Inventive Genius
Major Hermetic Flaw : Chaotic Magic

that works- we need a name for this tradition.

Names are always hard for me. Let me see what I can come up with

I have come up with Sons of Zaitae

That works

Quick question before I do post gauntlet stuff. To get the virtue requires me to experiment on hermetic things, read someone else's research, or have a relic intune with it. Obviously I can't do the last two without adventuring which I can't do. So is there a list of more stuff I can experiment on other than what is in the core rule book. Experimenting on spells seems lame but the other options don't really lend themselves to it either. Is there a master list of what you can do to get "research points"? Like try and learn realm knowledge in a particular way or magic theory in some bizarre fashion?

1. which virtue?
  2. You can adventure, it is listed in the options for experience. What you cannot do is simply decide the outcome of an adventure

So- let me know what you are going for and we ca discuss what you can find with what die rolls when you adventure.

It is True Understanding of the Realms

reading someone else's research will be problematic, since nobody has discovered this virtue and those researching it tend to be rather protective of their research.
As to telling you what to research or where to look, that feels like playing by myself with you in the middle- you really need to decide what approach you are going to take- work on a breakthrough or spell or give some indication of what you are looking to investigate and we can do summarizations of outcomes. As I have said before I am not going to lay out a series of hoops and reduce this kind of exploration to nothing but a series of die rolls.

I think maybe I am asking this question in a way that is confusing you. I was asking what actions are available to try not what to do. That isn't fun for anyone. So could I try and find different aura's, investigate their properties, and experiment on it.

Yes.
Finding an aura with interesting properties may require a roll against magic lore or area lore depending on your constraints, and can be handled seasonally. Note that a season of research may be spent in an appropriate library pouring through references or out in the field, or as an adventure leading to appropriate gains as per the advancement charts for gaining in the abilities you are using.

So if I spend a season researching Dominion Lore for example. I could be in a church researching the aura and the lore. Gaining me breakthrough points along with the normal xp

Also how hard would it be to find an owl familiar so that it has Mentem + Vim

You've mentioned easy factor 15. Rolling Area Knowledge + Magic Theory + Perception but I don't know if an owl would make that higher or lower?

I'm going to treat the owl a bit differently- it will sill be area lore+magic lore+intelligence, but to locate a forest with an owl of virtue, and a target number of 12. Once located you have to either find the owl within it (hunt+per target;14) or make yourself known in a way that persuades the owl to approach you (best of presence or communication+ best of charm, ettiquette, animal ken, or forest lore with a target of 12. You may attempt each once per season but you may attempt to make contact the same season you locate the forest.

Okay I am going to make my first chunk of roles soon then. And post update things as they come.

What would the stats of the Owl be so I can determine the ritual

RoP:M p. 65
might 17, InAn

Okay, I should have everything for you to check by tomorrow.