1229.3 To Live and Lie in Normandy

Fiona (who was in her room when Mathieus was describing the goings-on to Stultus) looks back and forth between them. [color=blue]"Thugs? What about them? And who's Anacrôn"

((Int 1 + Order of Hermes Lore 2 + die roll of 4 = 7.))

As to the thugs, I'm not sure what you're asking. Some are mine, some are not. Mine will not target my guests. They keep their eye on my House, or even through channels ask me directly. The thugs who operate more independently haven't usually become a problem, but since these murders they've strangely become bolder. Anacrôn is a magus of your House who has organized all of the ragamuffins into an army of sorts. He lives on the streets. He's not a member of Eboris, and is considered an eremite."

[color=blue]"What murders?" Fiona looks back and forth between Stultus and Mathieus, feeling like there's a lot of information that she's missing out on.

I'd rather play it that Fiona has heard everything played out and just sat quiet in stunned disbelief. Otherwise, He will repeat it as he told to Stultus.

(( It was Mallory who said it to Stultus, not Mathieus, but we can say that Stultus repeated it all. ))

((Okay, re-reading the posts from Thursday, I see where the confusion came from. I had assumed that Stultus saw Fiona to her room, and then bearded Mallory outside...after Fiona was settled into her room, with the door closed and working on her stuff. If I had realized, as everyone else seems to have thought, that the conversation happened while Fiona was still outside, she probably would have participated in the conversation. Be that as it may, between Stultus and Mathieus, they get her pretty much up to speed on the murders, men in pairs found dead in compromising positions in the throes of passion or pain (can't quite tell which) with erections, and no apparent cause of death, and that Mathieus for some reason thinks Alips is behind it.))

Fiona continues to shake her head in disbelief. [color=blue]"No. Not Alips. She wouldn't...I know she was angry when Praxiteles died, but that was anger at Valerian. She wouldn't...no."

She swallows. [color=blue]"Do you mind if I go talk to her?"

"You may, but more than anything, I wish for you to take her with you." Mathieus continues, "If she isn't involved these killings will continue, and I might be able to act with a freer hand. If she is the one, then they will stop, and she will be in an area with perhaps fewer temptations, or people more capable of acting against her."

"You'd be surprised what love and grief can make people do," murmurs Stultus. "Especially if she never came to terms with her husband's desire for other men."

Stultus winces. "Well, we cannot take her with us to Confluensis. After this is done, taking her to Mons Electi..." He frowns. "I'm not saying no, Mathieus. Mons Electi may be a good place for her -- a strong Aegis, and a lot of magi to watch over her and help her. But I can't say 'yes, of course' either -- not right off the bat, and not acting for my entire covenant. I need to think about it for a little while, since it doesn't involve just me. Can we give you our answer once we get back from Confluensis?"

"I don't believe she had an issue with Praxiteles sexuality. They both loved people of both sexes. I probably had a bigger problem with it than she did. How long do you expect to be at Confluensis? And with Fiona there, she might be capable of distracting Alips."

Fiona smiles a dreamy smile at that.

Stultus shrugs. "Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not certain the logistics would work: I didn't design the Palindromedary to carry three riders. But I'm small and so are Fiona and Allips both: it might work. That still leaves the issue of taking her to Mons Electi afterwards, which..." He brightens momentarily. "... Which we might be able to get you an answer on rather sooner than I thought. Bide a moment, please. Talk amongst yourselves."

He leans back in his chair and half-closes his eyes.
(( OOC: Korvin's not available. Fiona's here with me. Roberto is, however, probably in residence, yes? ))

==============================================================================================

Back at Mons Electi, an ape clambers through the open window in Roberto's chambers, perching on the windowsill. "Knock knock", it says, looking vaguely disgruntled.

[color=blue]"I can talk to her, see if she would be willing to come to Mons Electi for a time. She was unwilling to relocate last time I broached the subject, after Praxiteles's death, but that might have been bad timing. I will see if I can talk her into at least coming for a visit."

Roberto's living quarters are in his sanctum, so he...
Nevermind
You have five seconds to explain why I should not just incinerate you...

"I have a message from El Payaso. I don't want to be here any more than you want me here -- I was just setting down for a nap, but noooo." Rahere's voice changes, becoming a perfect replica of Stultus' voice, intonations and all. "I need to talk to Roberto, Rahere. Go hunt him down, Rahere. Right now, Rahere." The ape pouts, muttering an obscene little imprecation or two in Arabic, addressed at his absent master.

"One of the reasons I want you to take her to Confluensis is because of Augustina. She, is already a renowned demon hunter. She has skills to deal with a powerful demon, if one should have taken possession of Alips."

[color=blue]"Hmmm... Fiona looks down at Stultus thoughtfully. [color=blue]"If she and I were both closer to your size, would be both fit in the one seat?"

I do not think you understand...
And then el gato Don Diaz jumps on his back, hissing and spitting.
Aye carumba. See, climbing in my windo was a stupid idea. Now, give me the message without embellishment or elaboraton.
Cidito! Let him go. Payaso sent him.

And why did Stultus send an ape? Dis I miss something important? Is it a grape ape? Or green? How small or large? Or is it a monkey?

((Stultus is in Paris, he sent his familiar to talk.))

Oh! Okay. I did not realize Sultus had a familiar. Roberto would have probably been far less confrontational, though his cat would probably acted the same. But if it wasn't for the ooc knowledge that Stultus sent the creature, I probably would have blasted it out of reflex.

(( Rahere is a 'barbary ape' -- one of those Gibraltar monkeys.))

"El Payaso says that we have a request from Archmagus Mathieus of Jerbiton to provide shelter to Allips, wife of Praxiteles of Jerbiton, the man who was slain by Valerian at the Tribunal. He further says that there is some evidence that Allips has been dealing with the Infernal. Mathieus feels that at Mons Electi, we can both guard her from temptation and help save her soul. Stultus agrees, but wishes to ask you, the Imperator, how you feel about the matter."