1229 Wifait Of Flambeau

A remote interest in humanity is certainly doable. The whole chromatic spectrum of dragons is a bit to D&D/20th century. Looking through your character for background there are a few other problems;

1. at least one of your parents has to be mostly human. Child of a dragon and a faerie is not a maga, it is a creature that is hunted for vis.
  2. French is not a language at this point in time. I'd suggest looking at the languages chart, additionally region is an issue- are we looking at Provence or Normandy?

2: I thought that Flambeau of Castra Solis speaks French. "Castra Solis is located in the Provençal Tribunal, several leagues south of Bordeaux", so, i suppose, Provence. Therefore, it is actually Romance: Western: Occitan: Provence. So, it's Occitan.
1: Well. I didn't thought of it. In that case Wifait will be better off without Faerie thing altogether. And the more i think about it, the better idea appears to me: less focus on Faerie allows for more focus on Magic. In this case, however, dragon should be just as lecherous as a nymph are and it's even possible that he takes as much interest in his progeny as it will do Wifait, which could make for a fun dynamics if you are up for that path.

The Legend of Bergerac’s Dragon - Bordeaux Walking Tours
We can have eggs left behind when this dragon fled, one of these would be your father. I'm certainly up for the story, though with it in bordeaux and you in the alps it won't be a story which happens frequently.

So Wifait's father would be an actual descandent of dragon...Seems like an extra step to me.
Tho, it could be Wifait in that egg, i think?

The point is that the dragon of the legend is unsuitable- it is too large and was driven away too long ago, but one of it's children (also a dragon) would fit just fine.

Ah, get it. Suits fine.

So Wifait's backstory would be start like this: "Wifait was brought to the covenant from the lair of a lesser dragon by a Galen of House Flambeau, who attacked the beast and was forced to flee, but was too good of a christian to left a child behind"?

That is a possibility- you might keep in mind conversations with other players regarding characters being rejected if they seem too fundamentalist Christian- I don't want you to put a whole bunch of time into a character who will not be accepted at the game covenant. It is also possible he raided the dragons lair with an expectation of finding a dragon blooded apprentice...

We discussed it with DCharon and Anastasia a bit and they were mostly ok with a character who will generate wealth thru trade.
So, i think, time will not be wasted.

Actually, could it be a Faerie dragon, so Faerie Blood would be justified?

it can, but then you would not have magical blood, and clearly the lineage would not be nymph

True.
Well, magical blood is less important, so it could be thrown away.
Specific blood could be an Faerie God Blood, which is somewhat a reach, but, as i understand it, just a catch-up Faerie Blood, so it could be renamed "Dragon Blood".

Tho i feel like it gets out of hands.
I, probably, should stop right there and start from scratch a bit.

A faerie dragon being categorized as a faerie god would be appropriate- it is a unique and powerful being that draws vitality from veneration and sacrifices.

I do want to point out that it is possible to have both magical and faerie blood, you just need extra generations to mix humans into the lineage. If he daughter of a Nymph mates with a magic dragon then you have strong faerie blood and magic bloodline- you could even have the daughter of a nymph with the son of a dragon and get this result.

Cool.
Can you check character now: i tweaked him a bit.

you still have two more points of virtues available- also why would draconic ancestry result in a minor magical focus in self transformation?

Also 50xp will give you a 4, not a 5, in great weapon.
You are also 20 xp short of age 20

1. I believe self-transformation is a traditional part of a dragon's legends: they often transforms themselves into different things. From the dragon Stellarus (ArM, p.194) to the zmei Danalespih (Against the Dark, p.107) they has some self-transformatory power.
  2. True. I forget to write in Essential Vitrue Ironclad Scales (Stamina) and Magical Blood (Animal).
  1. I'm not sure what you mean.
  2. Wifait has Affinity with a Great Weapon, hence his 50 exp multiplied by 150% equals 75, which is enough for the 5 level in an ability.

Affinity with great weapon is not on the sheet.

As to the power of transformation- Stellatus has a human form, which is a far cry from a focus in transformation. Power of self transformation would fit more with certain versions of ogres who can transform into anything. Also the ability to take human form is not part of the legends of dragons of Bordeaux or Provence in general, though I would presume a dragon with human offspring likely has that power, it is still not a real justification for a minor magic focus in the ability- I would expect perhaps a minor magical focus in poisons, given the specific stories of that region, or perhaps some kind of fire based focus.

I added affinity to the sheet: check.
Frankly, i don't know any focus in poisons or flame that would be useful for that character. In fact, only focus in poisons that i can think of is the focus "poisons", as "creating poisons" or "protection from poisons" would be too narrow.
However, i believe, that i can change the character around the focus in poisons or flame.
Tho, i would love to see any other idea about dragon-related focus that you might have.
Also: do you think that immunity to poisons is lesser or greater immunity?

lesser immunity, a category of poisons (venom, plant based poisons, poison gasses, etc.) would be minor.
Similarly you can focus ignem with forest fire, jets of flame, "tame" fires, etc.