2.1 Preludes - OOC

After sulking and thinking about it for a couple of days (and kicking myself for making such a noob mistake), I'm inclined to vote with "keep the texts the way they are and try to trade for a lower-level Aegis and bonus cookies." It would give us a chance to get a feel for politics in the peninsula, see who might be allies or opponents. I'm sure there are those who would be willing to take advantage of the covenant's apparent new weakness ("Why, Little Red Riding Hood, I would be delighted to sell you my pic-a-nic basket. For a mere pittance, of course...in fact, I'm almost ashamed to ask for my price.") And it would enable us to get our feet wet in the bigger picture.

Serrano will sign anything required without hesitation.
Prefer a sanctum inside the Aegis (when we have one) , but outside the manor.

Why trade away something high level , and therefore valuable , that will cost us more to reacquire later.
See what someone is willing to trade "cow and calf" style to copy it.
Part of the deal is to copy a lower level Aegis that is castable by the current group.

Actions by your character, like signing the charter, should go in the IC threads. Not the OOC threads.

~mocks self~ And now I'm tempted to roll randomly to see which of your books are Cow and Calf restricted....

No, wait. Easier answer to that one.

There are a handful of outbuildings within the Phoenix Manor walls. One is probably a 2-story carriage house attached to the (unused) stables? The rest would be one or two room buildings, some with a basement.

One of the maps hanging on the library walls is of the Regio, with the Aegis borders marked. Do you notice this? Will you look beyond the walls of the estate?

Per: +02 , Awareness: 05 , 1d10+07=11

If noticed , Serrano will look beyond the walls of the estate.

Sure. You can understand that the borders of the Aegis extend to roughly one block beyond the walls of the estate, due to some kind of boundary-like condition of the streets. There are a dozen or more marks which are probably buildings, in various states of disrepair.

Assuming you've read the description of the streets beyond (1st page of this thread), then go ahead and use the new thread to describe your actions after Jaime leaves, and find something that you like. I still don't know where to find a copy of your character sheet (you removed it from the Serrano thread), so I can't really make any recommendations for you. Pick something that fits the feel and don't be abusive.

While it is fun to watch Serrano be an incomprehensible enigma, some RP about his motivations and desires in his choice selection would be very helpful for me as ASG, in the long run.

Chico, I'm pretty sure you mean Serrano (played by Ravenscroft), not Cygna (played by Peregrine).

Yeah, sorry - just got done editing it when I noticed which player said it. Sorry Peregrine, Cygna kept privately salivating at the chances to study the grapevines and ghosts - I naturally jumped to your character in my head first.

I thought about editing it for you, but then I figured, since everybody is new to each other still, it would have been somewhat comical for Amos to leap down the throat of the wrong person. The extra-wrong person, since Cygna is Hot Tempered. ~giggle~

It might be useful to have the name of our character appear everytime we write, so as to avoid confusion.
Colored founts help, too. Amul and I have settled our choices a long time ago, you guys should do the same.

What I meant is, trade a copy of our Aegis for a copy of "their" aegis + cookies.
Certainly NOT give away our text!! :wink:

Oh, and I like the new House Rule

The assumption being , that anyone in-animate is normally a corpse.
So we get to have "our way" with any dead covenfolk , provide we pay to do so.

Fixer, I just checked my "official timeline" and see that I was wrong. Rafas and Jaferiya were indeed Marched during the 1207 Tribunal for diabolism. Sorry for the confusion.

I've made so many changes back and forth to the timeline, that I forgot what I've told you all already. In the future, everybody please feel free to argue timeline questions with me, citing anything I've posted on the wiki or here.

:smiley: :laughing: I'm sorry, and please understand it's all in good fun since I've never played a character who blows up as quickly as Amos just did - it just seemed appropriate when I first read the botch response - Amos is referring to the Vintners and Warders. You're referencing dead bodies which means my first Hulk-Rage moment is over a complete and total misunderstanding! :laughing: I can only imagine how embarressed and tentative Amos gets after we figure all this out! (and will word a reply into the thread soon - at work and really shouldn't be spending this much time on this forum) :slight_smile:

Right, but Viscaria is a Verditus obsessed with statues and stone elementals, among other things. So her first thought was that you meant inanimate objects, like statues. :laughing:

Dude, he botched his Latin roll while reading a legal contract. Of course Amos misunderstood in the most offensive way possible to him!

Btw , where is the nearest Church?
This will be kind of important to Serrano and company.
Also , where is the nearest religious community: monastery , nunnery , Templars?

My copy of The Church should be here in a few days , if Amazon is to be believed.

Serrano will think you have some kind of feather fetish , so intense , that you are willing to do a certamen challenge.
He will quietly warn his people to make sure all the chickens are kept locked-up if you are in the vicinity.

Man, take most of a day off and I've got sooooo much reading to do! :laughing:

You know, for some reason, I just assumed that Cygna would be the first one to get into a fistfight :smiley: (am still in the library scenes), not Hiems and Serrano.

I think I'm pretty good about attributing Cygna in my posts, but I'll go back to putting [color=red]her words in red. And I think I'll try putting Adorjan's words, [color=orange]that only she can hear, in orange.

There is a Christian Church, Jewish Temple and Muslim Mosque all in Cijara. This information is on the wiki.

According to the time-based map of the Reconquista, Toledo was Christian for the last 50 years, and so has been converted fully to Christianity. Toledo is therefore already a strong Christian stronghold, with many mosques that have been converted to churches.

By the same information, Trujillo is currently Muslim, but is due to switch over within the next 50 years, likely much sooner. So, the lands are more Christian to the north and east, less so to the west and south.

Therefore, there are new-ish monasteries and nunneries to the north-east. I'm going to rule that the nearest ones are 2-4 days walk NE of here, and details will be determined as the need arises, unless somebody finds cool historical information they want to add.

Players previously posted a link saying that Castiblanco had a Templar presence. I can't find the link just now, but will look for it again. In the game setting, that Templar outpost is very new -- the magi will discover that it is being established during the first council meeting, in a few days game time.

ArM once again switches frequently between English and Metric, sometimes saying 20km and sometimes saying 20 miles. This map shows a 20mile and 20km radius from the Covenant. According to the books, Phoenix claims a 20km sphere of influence, but you can 20 miles is a full day's travel. That map, and other maps of the surrounding area, can be found on the wiki. The second map on that page shows that Castiblanco and Helechosa de los Montes are both close enough to go there, do business, and come back within a day.

Edit: Pick your preference:

1. Any nearby monastery or nunnery is being built as the game begins
  2. They've been built within the last 1-2 years
  3. They've been built within the last 10-20 years, and are well-established

Just read the IC thread, so now I understand where the question is coming from.

Serrano can know, if he chooses, about the Templars setting up shop in Castiblanco. If he wants a monastery, then make one up that is 3 days' journey (2 days as the crow flies) north-northeast of here.