6a Beyond the Valley of Mists

Octavian nods in acknowledgment. "One cannot deny one's nature." he answers simply.

Octavian stops in his tracks when the Abaddons seperate.

Vares listens and listens closely. He knows something of the esoteric philosophy to which Vanacastium makes frequent reference--and the legends are, of course, quite familiar. The sudden prostration before Inigo/Xabalbor and the revelation of the other's lineage are a shock, yet, as ever, Vares maintains an aloof if respectful mien. He will be addressed directly should it be warranted.

"Elder, do you mean that Metron seeks some form of Redemption, or that he is driven by the same Wrath as the Founder at Tagus--or both?"

Ludo's target would have been the wizard version.

They all stop and stare at you, each waiting for you and Ludo to follow them.

[color=red]I do not know what the motives of that wretched cur are, nor do I care. I am speaking of the spirit that has attached itself to him. It is the Shadow that seeks vengence, the Senex that seeks atonement. But they are merely two aspects of the same being.
As for Metron, he has become something other than human. His redemption of sorts comes from the Magic Realm, for he has been transformed. Yet it is still dark magic, tainted. He is ignorant of himself, and in his delusions he believes that he truly has become the Flaming Shadow. But the forces of hell are not so easilly finished with him. They seek to corrupt him further, for the prize is now greater. As a supernatural being, he possesses Magic Might. If they can, the demons that follow him will draw him to their path, transforming his might into Infernal power, and Metron will become a demon.

(Assuming Ludo didn't manage to blow up Abbadon or some such)

The tremere bows his green eyes briefly scanning the three Abaddons. "My apologies master Abaddon but while I may be polite, I am not indulgent. Only children need be indulged."

[color=red]Then make a decision and choose your path...

Vanacastium's words make sense within some of the philosophies and cosmologies that Vares has learned. Others might disagree, but he is before one who has transcended mortality while remaining Bound to aspects of it. Transmigration denied, passage into an "afterlife" transfigured into...this. "Would destroying Metron's Magical essence from the Shadow of the Founder? Do you think that we could lure it out of him instead, if that is not an option?"

There is something very, very important within Vanacastium's statement. "If Metron chooses the degenerating path, would his corruption infect the Shadow, too? The two, now melded, have become Like to Like. Would artifacts linked to other aspects of the Founder connect to them through that melding?" Questions and more questions.

Of greatest significance, "Is Metron going to possess or slay the Lumina?"

I'd just like to say the whole lore/story unfolding with the other half of this thread is rather fascinating. :wink:

Ludo pauses for a moment alongside Octavian, yet it seems that is more out of a desire not to leave him behind. He sniffs slightly, nodding towards the Magus version of Abaddon. [color=red]"It was he that resisted me. The pawns could not do so, I am certain of it. I tried to kill him with one before, though it did not work, obviously. He is the genuine one. I follow him. Come... there is no use in delay. If I can not defeat him and he chooses not to defeat me, there is something afoot. Master Abaddon. Lead on."

He proceed unhesistatingly after the Magus at that point, not looking back.

After listening to Ludo's statement, Octavian turns to no Abaddon in particular. "Master Abaddon, if I may inquire if the effect that damaged Ludovico's memories also addled other aspects of his mind?"

Decisiveness! Excellent :smiley:
There is more to the story than Vanacastium understands. You guys are about to get the second half of it :wink:

[color=green]Abaddon: [color=red]I know nothing about which you speak of.

He eyes the abaddons. "For what purpose that you wish to be followed?"

After Ludo made his choice, only that one speaks now. The other two stand and stare. But anyway...
[color=red]Do you interrogate the slightest nuance of everything? When the maid brings your breakfast, do you demand an exact account of how many oats she used to make your cereal? I want you to follow me because I don't feel like standing in the middle of the hallway while we have our conversation. If you want to stay there, that's fine with me. Ludo and I have much to discuss. I had long ago agreed to Initiate him as a reward if he managed to return to Val-Negra with the drunkard Vanacastium calls "the Father of Light". Stupid Flameau apocrypha.
(OOC - in Inigo's backstory, I believe he had an alchohol problem when he was coping with the death of his wife a few years ago).

(mind you I don't think cereal existed back then :slight_smile: )

He follows along after hearing Abaddon's reasons.

OOC (after all, I am not there)
So, either Iñigo has 2+ daughters or Carmen is the Lumina. According to Vanacastium, at least :wink:

Cheers,
Xavi

No, Kesara is the Lumina. She is his only daughter. I may have made an error somewhere.
But thanks for reminding me you are here, I have something for ya!
(other thread)

:laughing:, my bad

I will have fresh material and challanging decisions for you tomorrow :wink:

Inigo bows his head, tears welling up in his eyes. He should be proud, and he is, but there is fear there too, for her safety. What will happen to his child, his baby girl?

[color=red]How do you know, brother? How do you know that we are the ones? Why me? Why her? She is beautiful, innocent, perfect in my eyes. But I am weak, brother... the death of her mother almost killed me. I will not lose her... I cannot.

I am prepared to die for my house, to give my very life... but my daughter? She is the light that guided me home in times of darkness and gave me the will to live. What is to be her fate? What must she do?

He presses his lips into a thin line, his head still bowed. [color=red]What must I do?