A bit of Monkey business (Spring 1239)

I have no problem with that- are you using fatigue for the spontaneous casting?

I am (and the new die roll is 6, also a success). I was working on the assumption that the Fatigue level lost would be recovered before I need to cast again - they should recover in 2 minutes, per core rules?

2 minutes resting, not maintaining concentration on a spell and following Lemon...however that merely doubles the recovery time, so you would recover while you are following him...

After his lunch Lemon heads to another factor, then returns to the ship, where he goes to exchange some more information with the captain, and not commenting on your continued presence.

Antoine turns to Lemon with a brief smile. Good to see you back, Lemon. I hope your visit to the factor in that large warehouse two streets north of here, with the ram's head sign outside his door, was profitable?

OOC: I'm assuming Antoine couldn't determine a name from his high vantage point; and he probably can't read Greek lettering even if he had been able to.

"Yes, a shame you couldn't keep up. Hard to have a conversation when someone is only stalking you."

Well, I'm not a monkey, see? But I'm impressed. Most of my colleagues wouldn't be able to tell I'd done that. You see, this is the sort of thing I'd like to learn about you. What you can do, that doesn't come under the heading of "normal monkey". And I must admit, I rather like your style.

OOC: How does he know? Watching from a distance wouldn't ping MR. Has he just recognised the Gift, and put two and two together?

OOC: you told him where he was, therefore he assumes you were watching. He didn't say anything about how...

"Do you impress yourself often?"

Antoine ignores that plainly deliberate misunderstanding.

So, were you able to tell where I was watching from?

He's still labouring under the misapprehension that Lemon could somehow detect him, rather than has just concluded the obvious.

MR doesn't "ping". Only Parma does that.

Lemon looks at Antoine and tilts his head, doesn't answer, and goes back to talking with the captain about his errands.

OOC: Forgive me, I'm feeling a little railroaded here, which I'm sure isn't the intention. Lemon appears to be willing to talk to me only if I can accompany him about town. But doing so as a normal human is surely impossible; and Antoine lacks sufficient Corpus and/or Animal to enhance himself to make it possible. He could just try to follow on foot - but that's sure to be too slow - or by Lemon's routes - but that seems doomed to ignominious failure. Have I missed something?

Lemon is busy at the moment- you are essentially asking him to interrupt his work to hang with someone he just met. You might want to try a different approach...

OOC: Ahh, ok. I was misreading his attitude - it's not "prove you're a good enough monkey", it's "don't get in my way". Fair enough.

I can see you're busy. If you'll allow me one more interruption - perhaps I could meet you when your business is concluded? You can find me in that tavern, and I would happily buy you some refreshment.

Lemon nods non-commitally in a sort of odd side to side nod before heading back to his work. A few hours later he shows up at the tavern and vaults into the seat next to you. "You mentioned free grub?"

Absolutely. Now, I'm not sure what, exactly, you eat - beyond lemons, of course. I asked the tavern keeper to get in some fruit from the market, but if there's something else you'd usually have...

The ape begins ordering- meat, cheese, fruit.. he gets a platter that looks like it weighs about 1/4 what Lemon himself weighs. The tavern keeper looks to you for payment, of course.

Of course. Antoine pays, while looking at Lemon with raised eyebrows. Hungry, are we? Anyway. As I mentioned earlier, my name is Antoine, Antoine ex Verditius... (Antoine carries on, but looks to see if that has any effect on Lemon). I believe I described myself as a scholar to you earlier, which is... accurate, as far as it goes. Tell me, are you widely travelled around Europe?

Lemon eat voraciously, but still has enough time between bites to speak clearly "Europe? I've traveled the Mediterranean, no so much northwards, but I have also seen Africa and the Levant, wher they meet the Mediterranean at least."

Still, an impressively wide compass. I imagine you're quite a boon to the crews you serve with; a monkey must be particularly adept at all that... rigging? Is that the word? I'm afraid I'm no sailor. And doubtless you have other talents too.

"Rigging, yes. I am an ape of many, many talents, the greatest ape in all the world! But what about you silly man? What is it you seek?"