A Covenant of Dopplegangers (Summer 1236)

"I'm not certain of all the details, but Vulcanus did confess. I didn't really get to know him before he left Andorra. I had been under the impression he was part of Bellaquin, but you indicated he would need to penetrate the aegeis. Was he not a member?"

"He did? Hmm...I guess his Mentem must have been stronger than I thought. Not that I paid much attention to what he was studying. I still think he had to have had help, though, or someone to actually cast the spell for him. And I meant whoever it was who cast the spell would have had to penetrate our Aegis, not Vulcanus."

Solomon, still in the room and preparing to leave, turns to Guiverna, "He did in fact have aid of a supernatural form. Specifically a genie trapped within an artifact of his house. However he admitted to purposefully utilizing that artifact and the genie to target us all with these Mentem magics. As for your Aegis, it turns out your previous casting failed and there is no Aegis currently protecting Bellaquin."

Thinking about Guiverna's "Story" resut on experimentation I was wondering if this tale could qualify. The experiment may have caused or enhanced the perception that you are somehow Vibria's doppleganger. Which in turn was exaggerated my Vucanus' games.

Vagravian looks harshly at Guiverna.
[color=green]Go! Get out of my covenant! Your guest prbationary status has been revoked, just like I did to Vulcanus. The political damage the two of you caused could take years to repair.

Guilt by association. Guiverna had nothing to do with any of this. She barely knows Vulcanus. She met him shortly after her Lab Experiment, he said said she reminded him of somebody that he used to know. They knocked boots, they wound up here, and now this...

"What do you mean no Aegis? Not only did we burn the last of our vis casting our Aegis, but it didn't even work?"

Guiverna stares at Vagravian. First in shock, then in anger. "What? What? You think I had anything to do with this? That I had a hand in...whatever it was that Vulcanus did here? I swear to you that I am innocent. Of that anyway. And ♪♫je te prie, oh Thot, de laisser votre femme Maât prévaloir!♫♪"

With that, she spits at Vagravian's feet and storms out the door.

This has definitely (with the exception of shagging Acutus) turned into a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Vucanus has that effect on women. Just ask Fedora, Vibria, that chick from the Rhine, the redheaded sisters, Miss S.J.H., Guiverna, and just about every femae he has ever encountered.
:mrgreen:

Fleur stares at Vagravian and laughs softly before turning to follow Guiverna "Let's talk to Carmen. I know I would very much enjoy having you around Andorra, and right now I don't know that a lot of people in Andorra would hold Vagravian's opinion in high esteem. I'm sure we can find a way for this to work out." She offers Guiverna her arms in support and comfort. After a moment she grins "And if you get access you can always declare wizard war on Vagravian while you are behind a working Ageis and he isn't. He doesn't have an apprentice does he?"

Acutus takes a step to follow Guiverna, but then Fleur intercepts her and Acutus stops, not sure what exactly to do now that the party is clearly finished.

[hr][/hr]

Solomon sighs at Fleur's insult towards Valgravian; regardless of everything else the magus was still an Archmage and deserved the respect of such a junior maga. This caused him to seriously reconsider whether she was ready to be a master at Andorra.

He turns to Valgravian and offers a weak smile, "Archmagus, I think it would be best if we adjourn for now and let emotions cool before we have any more meaningful discussions. I would humbly request that you continue to correspond with me in regards to your proposal of a Catalan Tribunal. I will not promise anything, but I am intrigued by the concept."

He then turns to Carmen, "I think it would be best if we all took our leave at this point."

"A moment, Meister? Frederika slipped up to Solomon, and whispered an aside:

"Would I be wrong in thinking that Vulcanus, the bastard, has done this meet a favour. Ruined as it is, the blame can be squarely laid at his manipulations. Negotiations will almost have to start fresh now, no? With everyone's intentions in the open, and the assumption that all previous objections were the fault of malicious magicks..."

She watched as Fleur left with Guiverna. "Not that many seem to be thinking about that right now."

Guiverna steps into Fleur's arms and returns her hug tightly for a good while as she fights back the sobs.

Once she regains her composure, she takes a step back. "Thank you, Fleur. I think talking to Carmen would be a good idea. I had floated the idea, if the new tribunal or our becoming a chapter house ideas didn't work, of applying to Sa Dragonera. Even before Vulcanus got me thrown out (and I really should have poisoned him when I had the chance, and make it up to Ma'at later), I'd pretty much decided that this wasn't the place for me."

there are humble good byes and many apologies and promises to try this dinner party again and to talk latter.
As magi travel, you live practically next door. There are two flying carpets between you and I don't know how many can teleport or fly under their own power.
This wasn't much of an adventure, it was more so a bit of story and background.
You can still work in the Lab or Study or whatever. I will grant up to 5xp for this story. Which means, generate your study totals as normal, and of that you can divert up to 5xp to anything relevant to this tale. If you are doing Lab Work, you can take 5xp fron this Story instead of the usual 2xp from Exposure, spending up to the full 5 on this tale or diverting up to 2 for Lab stuff.

Then there is Fortune. The reward that is in place of Confidence. 4 points for everyone, and I ask you to choose one of you to decide how well I did on this side story and what reward is fair.

As for the Fortune/Confidence rule, I promise to write it out in rules-speak and post it by Monday. We discussed it well and it should work as we agreed.

I vote Peregrin

Do we want to start a new thread for the Fleur/Guiverna/Carmen discussion and trying to get Guiverna into Sa Dragonera, or continue that here?

Here is fine. It is more of an epilogue than a story. or in the sandbox thread (chapter iv).

I think the chapter IV thread might be best, started as a hearing for her request to join.

I haven't really seen a "how to decide how many Fortune points I give" thingie, so I'm going to go with five FP. Four for being how many Mark gave everyone, and I'm going to up it a point (a) for getting me excited about making a new character, and (b) for giving me a reason not to be grumpy about Sa Dragonera :laughing: .

Ooooh! Nice.

Eh? That ain't right. VulcAnus was clearly acting on his own, as ever. Could he be trying to hide his failure by diverting attention and wrath to her? This man just keep getting on my nerves.

Just setting this so that she'll be inclined to agree for Guiverna to join Sa dragonera.

Guiverna didn't do a whole lot...so, maybe 2xp in Intrigue and 3xp in Charm?