A Dark Night in Doisettep (Autumn 1229)

Other than Fedora and three other Redcaps, you may take as many grogs as you feel nessecary (up to two dozen, but you should probably take fewer).
[color=red]No one has informed Carmen of anything yet. All we knoe is that the magi in Barcelona say she is in Valencia. And that information is a week old by now! We need someone, anyone, to physically go to Barcelona. No one here has an AC to the maga, and if we did, none of us has an appropriate spell to send a message. She has strong Parma, and if our information is accurate, where she is staying is covered by an Aegis.
It isn't, but the magi here don't know any better.
And I was wrong about the Portal network. According to Iberia, Duresca and Barcelona and Estancia Escarida are all linked. From Barcelona, with assistance from the members there, you may access a private portal directly to the house in Valencia.
As for timing, you would arrive there after Carmen and Vibria left. So searching the streets becomes an adventure :smiley:

[color=blue]"Alas, I have not yet been given any items by my House that allow me to teleport," Fédora says. [color=blue]"I shall have to be at your mercy, sodalis."

She has most of her magic items on her...nothing allowing teleportation, unfortunately.

That's how I've always understood/played/run it, too.

New plan.
someone breaks out the footlocker with Seven League Stride boots. Redcaps may use them on loan, including Fedora. A few short hops then you are good.
Gullme, need you to detor to Valencia and get Carmen. She is with a young maga named Vibria. You can portal or Leap of Homcoming using the hair Octavian gave you (you notice it is charged with vis)

And warped beyond recognition shortly. (That's level 35.) They'd be much better off with Guillaume's level 40 spell and the single point of warping that would result.

He'll try using the hair first. If that doesn't work, then he'll make the longer trip. (I had thought from earlier posts that a redcap was headed there.) He'll bring a connection back to here with him.

I wanted to send another player, but I am down to just a few now. I have not heard from Mercuria in a few weeks.
And the boots are, um, designed for Redcaps. Mercere mystey stuff.
One guy has his own boots, one girl has a device, the third isn't afraid of Warping. That leaves just Fedora.

I wanted to send another player, but I am down to just a few now. I have not heard from Mercuria in a few weeks.
And the boots are, um, designed for Redcaps. Mercere mystey stuff.
One guy has his own boots, one girl has a device, the third isn't afraid of Warping. That leaves just Fedora.

So, the Boots won't cause warping, then?

Not that it matters much...her heart is shattered, the pieces strewn from Cunfin to Vologodskaya, what difference does it make if her body gets vyebannaja-do, too?

She takes the boots with a polite "thank you," puts them on (leaving her Boots of the March behind, since (I think) she can't take carry-on with her.

Excellent. I am not worried about tiny details. The effect is designed to include the Redcap mail sack, so put them there :smiley:
So, Fedora off to Andorra, Guillme off to Valencia. I think there is a two or three hour time zone difference between Doissetep and the Iberian east cost. So it is mid morning in each of those two places.
Fedora, I will set the scene for you when I get a chance.
Guillme, you pop in to Valencia right next to Carmen, right after the part where I said "And then..."
Meaning that is the next thing that happens.
Fedora, as far as setting the scene, it pretty much as is described. So pretty much I just need to know what you do when you get there and what you are looking for.

Actually, I think I am doing too much handwaving here. I am trying to move things along for the purpose of story. The actual goal is to send one character (other than Fedora) to Valencia, and the rest to Andorra.
But handwaving seventh magnitude warping is not the best way to go.
I am open to ideas that are more feasible, yet efficient.
My thought at the moment is a temporary Hermes Portal. It will cost 15 pawns, but I imagine House Mercere will consider it worth it in order to secure their resources stored in Andorra. It can also be used to transport those resources back here where they will be more safe (unless players can convince Harco otherwise), and sets a one-year time limit to do so.
Do you guys think this is reasonable?

Would they be willing to open a portal to what (for all they know) could be a hot war zone, and risk having whatever took out Andorra come through and take out Doisettep, and use the portals their to spread to other Places of Great Import?

Good point.
Pretend some old resident Flambeau magus said that, and Fedora shut him down with her logic.
Flying carpet then?
I don't mind a litte handwaving as long as people realize that is what it is. Warping results are perhaps part of your CharGen starting total (as this is supposed to be a pre-story story).

Flying carpet works for me. Very mythic.

Flying carpet it is then. The old Flambeau whose idea you shut down. He suggests that as his next idea. He has one he will lend you. He obtained it in an adventure in Persia, which he will gladly waste your time and tell ylou all about even though this is neither the time nor the place. You smile and nod politely, and then one of his covenant mates helps you by distracting him and gets him outta your hair.

Allons-y, then?

???
No comprende

"Allons-y" - Gallifreyan for "Let's go." :smiley:

Basically, that means we're headed out to Andorra, then?

Astrid remains with the Redcaps while Guillaume disappears.

(OOC - I can't find the spot.)

((That would be here.))

Dr. Who?
And yes. Right now I gotta sleep. Whence I wake, I will close this thread and start the new one.