ability shapeshifer questions

Is this ability affected by
a) shape and material bonuses in a talisman
b) auras

It probably says somewhere, but I couldn't find it

B) auras: as any supernatural power (aligned to something) so i'd say yes
A) no because S/M are for hermetic magic in corebook.

On a similar line, what are the rules for spell asting for shapeshifters vs. Bjornaer while in animal form? What other limits are there to performing human activities?

Hi,

Supernatural Abilities are affected by Auras.

This means that a Faerie Shapeshifter would do well not to try it in a cathedral.

Supernatural Abilities are not affected by S&M bonuses.

A Bjornaer in animal form cannot normally use Hermetic words or gestures, even if he's a parrot. Other human activities are not defined: A bull is not likely to be able to play a lyre, but perhaps a monkey can.

Anyway,

Ken

And the same applies to characters who are in an animal form for other reasons (like the Shapeshifter Virtue, or a MuCo(An) effect, for example).

Also, note that there are Virtues and Spell Masteries that reduce the silent and gesture-less spell-casting penalties or do in fact allow an animal character to speak normally. You could also cast MuAn effects that allowed the character to speak when in animal form (and so be able to use Hermetic words). Some other human activities could also be possible with the influence of suitable MuAn effects.

Hi,

Indeed. :slight_smile: I was thinking of adding all that to my previous post; I see it got covered!

Anyway,

Ken