Activities in 1211

Trying to summarize what the magi have been doing during the year 1211.

Right now we have one story in progress on the island, which I consider to be taking place in early fall.

However, before I start another short story at around the same time frame, I'd like to know what the magi were doing with their time in 1211. Spring and summer are pretty much over, but I don't even know what the magi were doing during that time!

So let me know and I'll build a summary of what happened.

So, Konrad arrived toward the end of summer, if I understand things properly. Is that right?

Yes, Konrad arrived at the end of summer. So his activities would start with Fall 1211.

Prochorus'll be reading the Vim summa, he's thinking he'll probably have to cast an Aegis at some point.

When will the building be sufficiently complete? Once it is, Herman will need to set up the new laboratory. Until then, he will be working on spells we can use in the old lab.

Fall and winter of 1211 would be spent by Konrad setting up his lab wherever it could be set up. (Assuming there's space for it. If not, he'll wait until there is space to start setting up a lab.)

The first large house is completed enough to begin setting up the labs at the end of fall. So setting up the additional labs can happen starting winter.

So far, here's the activities that I can account for.

Spring 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Vim summa (or?) investigates various stories
  • Herman: Arrives at the covenant + Invent some spells in the lab to help find vis

Summer 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Vim summa + investigate the pillars
  • Herman: ??? + investigate the pillars
  • Konrad: Arrives at the covenant at the end of the season

Fall 1211:

• Prochorus: ???
  • Herman: ???
  • Konrad: Trip on the island + ???

Winter 1211:

• Herman: Set up lab
  • Konrad: Set up lab

Let me know what to add/modify in this list. Don't apply yet the result of those seasons, I'll let you know when you can do so.

Konrad's actions in Fall 1211 will depend on the results of his investigations. As for the winter, he might have to take a break to go back to Uceste to get some stories if he can't get anything from them now.

Updated the list and put those things that I'd like answered for Spring and Summer before I allocate xp for those activities.

Spring 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Vim summa (or?) investigates various stories
  • Herman: Arrives at the covenant + Invent some spells in the lab to help find vis (details of the spell being invented were not finalized -- see here)

Summer 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Vim summa + investigate the pillars
  • Herman: Invent spells (which ones???) + investigate the pillars

Fall 1211:

• Herman: ???

Winter 1211:

• Herman: Set up lab
  • Konrad: Set up lab

Sorry, I will get updates posted here by the end of the day today.

Herman activities:
Spring 1211: Invent "Wizards Ear for Vis" based on Wizards Eye for Vis, with Duration Sun, Sense: Hearing. Net level 10.
In addition, learn Scale of the Magic Weight. (level 5), lab total 31
Summer 1211: learn "Rise of the Feathery Body" (level 10, lab total 21)
Fall 1211: Read Vis Summa (or Corpus Summa if that is not available)
Winter 1211: As noted above, set up laboratory. This will also take Spring 1212 to get useful.

Prochorus would pursue stories to find a vis source, but I'm out of ideas on what to try other than wait for news from the expedition.

Then what does he do with his time while waiting for those news? I'm trying to plan out the coming seasons in order to know whether these are getting interrupted when something happens. I'm also tryng to determine how much of his time was spend on getting the stories during the spring. Any opinion there?

Once the plans are made, I'll start advancing the seasons officially and allocating the xp resulting from the activities of these seasons. I haven't given out anything yet for Spring and Summer, so these are my priorities at the moment. But knowing what you all have planned for Fall and Winter will help me determine what activities may be getting interrupted.

Corpus summa, then.

Updated the list again. I've added Spring 1212, since some of the activities will spill over into the next year. Also, for Spring and Summer 1211, I've added the result of those seasons in blue. You can now adjust your magi's stats to reflect the activities for those two seasons.

Spring 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Vim summa + investigates various stories; 9 xp in Vim
  • Herman: Arrives at the covenant + invent Wizard's Ear for Vis (InVi 10: Base 1, +2 Sun, +3 Hearing) and Scales of the Magical Weight (InVi 5) from scratch; 2 xp of exposure from lab work

Summer 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Vim summa + investigate the pillars; 9 xp in Vim
  • Herman: Invent spells Rise of the Feathery Body (ReCo 10) from scratch + investigate the pillars; 2 xp of exposure from lab work

Fall 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Corpus summa
  • Herman: Read the Vim summa

Winter 1211:

• Prochorus: Read the Corpus summa???
  • Herman: Set up lab (1st season)
  • Konrad: Set up lab (1st season)

Spring 1212:

• Prochorus: Read the Corpus summa???
  • Herman: Set up lab (2nd season)