Anastasia the Apprentice

Here's my companion character. Pretty darn simple at this stage of things. :slight_smile:

[size=150]Anastasia[/size]

Anastasia was born to a young couple just outside of Athens. The details of her conception are not known, but Magi from House Merinita were able to tie her father to a party involving nymphs and satyrs just nine months prior to her birth. It was suspected that he was influenced by some of the nymphs such that any child he conceived would have nymph blood.

The Merinita magi kept a watch on Anastasia until she came of age, looking for signs of the Gift. When they found such signs, they approached her parents and convinced them that it was better for everyone if she was trained in her talents. She was therefore brought to the next Tribunal where her fate for the next fourteen years would be decided.

Characteristics: Int +3, Per +1, Pre +1, Com +3 Str -2, Sta +1, Dex -2, Qik +1
Size: 0
Height: 5’0"
Weight: 90 lbs
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)

[size=150]Virtues[/size]
The Gift (free)
Affinity with Herbam (minor)
Apt Student (minor)
Educated (minor)
Faerie Blood: Nymph (minor)
Gentle Gift (major)
Personal Vis Source (minor) [She may not have this virtue quite yet]
Quiet Magic (minor)
Subtle Magic (minor)

• I assume she doesn’t get a free house virtue yet since he hasn’t been trained.

[size=150]Flaws[/size]
Ability Block: Martial (minor)
Busybody (minor)
Faerie Heritage (major)
Flawed Parma Magica: Ignem (minor)
Optimistic (minor)
Waster of Vis (major)

[size=150]Abilities[/size]
Area Lore: Athens 1
Artes Liberales 2
Athletics 2
Awareness 2
Bargain 2
Charm 3
Classical Greek 3
Etiquette 2
Folk Ken 3
Music: Singing 2
Philosophiae 1
Romaic Greek 5
Stealth 1
Survival 1
Swim 2

I get 10 points in characteristics, but do not see improved characteristics.

Faerie Blood: Nymph gives a +1 to Com, not to exceed 3.

also given the tribunal's pre-education program and her age I would recommend educated as a virtue as well...

I had thought about that and wondered if it was appropriate.

I'll drop Good Teacher and take Educated instead.

What kind of vis do you want her to have? We can certainly come up with a way she could already have a vis source- it could come from her body in some way, or be sent as regular gifts from her "patron"

I'm coming up with 230 xp, which would be 50 for educated, 45 for early childhood, and 135 for the remainder of her childhood, which puts her at age 14...

Darned if that isn't the case. Why don't we just make her 14 then?

okay, post her in companions as being 14

I was thinking Herbam. Perhaps she was given a magical plant that gives magical fruit or berries every season.

FWIW, my magus has a personal vis source that is Herbam. This may influence your decision, or not. :laughing:

Hmm, she's a nymph-blooded apprentice with an affinity for Herbam, so that was the obvious.

I suppose I could go for Creo for a living thing or Terram for the earth ...