Ancient Discovery (Winter 1244)

Let me go back and look at my notes. I was looking forward to this one too, and think it has potential.

As the winter of 1244 approaches, Flavia begins to draw up a list of people who are planning to come along on the expedition to the lost Temple of Mercury. She has arranged for a ship to meet the group at Palma on Majorca, where it will take them to the coast of North Africa. There, they will connect with a local guide who will bring them by camel to the site set down as the location of the lost Temple of Mercury. She's eager to get a good crew together, a mix of magi and non-magi. They are to expect trouble, given how valuable this find is likely to be.

OOC: This is a chance for people to sound off for interest on the expedition. Who still wants to come along?

Still keen on Lucien, allowing that his Master abies.

Acutus and Selim are still interested.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Rilcheaux is interested as well.

Roberto for sure. He will bring Cidito, Carlos, and Edith. If Carmen permits, he will bring Lucien for some field training. Plus four shield grogs (one sergeant, one corporal, two soldiers).

Vibria's in.

As the winter of 1244 approaches, Flavia begins to draw up a list of people who are planning to come along on the expedition to the lost Temple of Mercury. She has arranged for a ship to meet the group at Palma on Majorca, where it will take them to the coast of North Africa. There, they will connect with a local guide who will bring them by camel to the site set down as the location of the lost Temple of Mercury. She's eager to get a good crew together, a mix of magi and non-magi. They are to expect trouble, given how valuable this find is likely to be.

OOC: I'm repeating this post both to see who is still interested and to give new people an opportunity to get involved (as magi, companions, or grogs). This is a chance for people to sound off for interest on the expedition. Who still wants to come along?

I would say Vibria, but she might be recovering from "All Roads Lead to Africa" (if she's not still there), so I'm going to say Guiverna ex Miscellanea would like to come along. Her tradition has its roots in Africa (in Alexandria, specifically).

Do we want a large entourage, or just a handful? (Thinking of which companion/grogs to take.)

Count Roberto in :smiley:

I was thinking reasonably large. The reason that Flavia is asking you along is that she expects trouble and wants to have a group with her that can deal with trouble. You'll definitely want enough people to handle an attack.

Lucien too, (the apprentice to Carmen)

Is Carmen willing to allow Lucien to go on the mission? He'd need her permission.

Alas, if Solomon is gone, Gabriel went with him. That leaves me open to play an apprentice if anyone needs one ...

To be fair, I have not made an attempt to contact Prince of Boredom. Or anyone really. Let me do that before we write him off.

Roger that!

So right now for magi we have:

• Flavia (NPC Bonisagus who's heading the expedition)
  • Roberto
  • Lucas
  • Guiverna
  • Lucien

I know that we don't quite have the new people settled in yet, but I'd hate for one of them to miss the adventure just because they were a season too late joining. If either of the new magi want to join the adventure I can come up with some reason to delay it until they're settled into the covenant. Depending upon who we have, I was considering bringing Diego along with you too. For those who don't recall, he was a Flambeau working with Santiago who went with the magi to Paris. He was played by ironboundtome for that story and could always be played by someone else who wasn't bringing a magus along.

Also, we'll want some companions and fighting grogs. It also might be helpful to bring some people who speak Arabic. We certainly have a few in the covenant. And there are always the Mercere Redcaps who tend to speak a lot of languages.

Also, any player who doesn't want to bring their magus is more than welcome to bring a companion or play a prominent grog.

I can play a grog or two if you like. My magus would not qualify as someone you bring when you expect touble.

Whatever you prefer. As I said, there's also the possibility for someone to play a combat-effective Flambeau if they want. That's open if you're interested.

I'm a little rusty, so grogs are probably better to ease myself back into the game. Plus they are fun to play. :grin:

1 Like

I will be joining with the Woad of Flambeau, as a new magus and a new player to the saga
Right now the Woad is in the proces of meeting Roberto up in Hibernia.