Antonius Ex Bonisagus

regarding swift as a swallow, the problem I have is with this part

duration concentration requires concentration, which is rather difficult under these situations. If it is switched to duration Diameter this will not affect the spell level but it will last for 2 minutes, not based on the concentration ability.

Okay, based on your third post (second posting of the character) I am coming up with you being 16 points short.

There is a ReVi spell that maintains concentration, and I learned it in the years post-gauntlet. I also have a spell to bump a personnal range to a touch range.

Then your ability to figt, cast, etc would be based on that spell, not intrinsic to flight of the swallow.

Post Gauntlet years (before joining the caravan)

Year 1

Vim 15 30(45) 123

Year 2

Vim 17 3 0(45) 168

Year 3

Vim 20 28(42) 210
Concentration (spell concentration) 1 2 8

Year 4

Rego 15 30(45) 123

Year 5

Rego 17 30(45) 168

Year 6

Rego 20 28(42) 210
Concentration (spell concentration) 1 2 10

Year 7

[strike]Penetration(vim) 5 15 50[/strike]
Concentration(spell concentration) 3 20 30
Divine Lore(Angels) 1 10

Year 8

Divine Lore(Angels) 2 5 15
Parma Magica (Mentem) 3 25 30

Year 9

Spring: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 4 intellego, 23 vim = 43]

InVi 10 Wizard's Eyes for Vis (Base 1, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)
InVi 10 Searching for the places of maleficium (Base 1, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)

Intellego 4 2 12

Summer: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 4 intellego, 23 vim = 43]

InVi 20 Staring Into the Abyss (Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)

Intellego 4 2 14

Autumn: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 4 intellego, 23 vim, 4 similar spell bonus, 1 early riser, 3 overtime = 50]

InVi 5 Scales of the Magical Weight (Base 4, +1 touch)
InVi 20 Piercing the Faerie Veil (Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)

Intellego 5 1 15
Magic Theory 7 1(2) 152

Winter: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 5 intellego, 23 vim, 4 similar spell bonus, 1 early riser 3 overtime = 50]

InVi 5 Sense the Nature of Vis (Base 4, +1 touch)
InVi 20 Glimpsing past the Shroud of Magic (Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)

Magic Theory 7 2(3) 155
Year 10

Spring: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 23 vim, nocturnal = 40]

MuVi 20 Wizard's Touch(Vim) (Base 20,+1 touch, inst, ind) Change the range of a Vim spell up to level 20 from Per to Touch.

Magic Theory 7 2(3) 158

Summer: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 23 rego, 23 vim, nocturnal 2 = 60]

ReVi 30 Maintaining the Demanding Spell (Base, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, Ind) Automatically maintain concentration for a spell up to level 25

Magic Theory 7 2(3) 161

Autumn: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 23 rego, 23 vim, 23 focus = 84]

ReVi 35 Circular Ward Against Demons (Base 35, +1 Touch, circle,+2 ring )

Magic Theory 7 2(3) 164

Winter: [2 int, 3 aura, 10 magic theory, 23 vim, 2 nocturnal = 40]

ReVi 35 Circular Ward Against Dragons (Base 35, +1 Touch, circle,+2 ring )

Magic Theory 7 2(3) 167

Year 11

Demon's Eternal Oblivion 3 30
-Penetration
-Multiple casting
-Apotropaic Mastery

No, the only thing the ReVim spell does, is maintain the concentration. If that spell was dispelled, say, the original effect would not, and I would have to maintain concentration myself.

The spell I am talking about is Maintaining the demanding spell and is in the core rulebook, p. 162, except with a duration of sun.

My point is that a spell which requires concentration and only affects the caster does not inherently allow you to do anything while flying. The ability to do something else at the same time is dependant on something else maintaining the spell.

There is still a point shortage at gauntlet to resolve

Sorry I misunderstood you. Yes, if I was mainting the flight spell myself, i would not be able to do anything. With the ReVi spell, I can stop concentrating, and I will be able to do other things like casting.

EDIT: I know what happened. I copy pasted the spell from the net grimoire, and later changed the duration from sun to conc. Indeed, doing other things except for flying would require insane Concentration checks and possibly falling and hurting myself. I got confused when you refered to doing other things while flying. Sorry about.

I counted a total of 465 spent xp (detailled accounting)

I made a mistake by putting penetration at 1 and putting 35 in the XP colum. I fixed it to rank 3 and 35 xp. Could it be this?

I get 465 as well, but you should have 45(early childhood)+15(later childhood)+300(apprenticeship)+90(baccalaureate)=450, so after switching your penetration from level 1 at 5 points to 35 points, you are 15 points over...

i have two years later life .

okay, though that should be age 22 (5+2+15)
do you want to advance him past the gauntlet?

Yes, I posted the pre-caravan years a couple of posts before.

I plan to advance him a few year in the caravan as well.

This is the original posting of the first draft of the character. It was moved here to allow the up-to-date character sheet to be on the first post of the thread.

Antoninus Ex Bonisagus - (Gauntlet +10) Pre-caravan entry

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +1, Pre 1, Com +1, Str +2, Sta +2, Dex -3, Qik +1
Size: 0
Age: 32 (32), Height: 6' 00", Weight: 186 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0
Confidence: 1 (3)

Virtues: Affinity with Magic Theory, Affinity with Rego, Affinity with Vim, Baccalaureus, Minor Magical Focus (Wards), Puissant Penetration, Puissant Magic Theory, Puissant Rego, Puissant Vim, Personal Vis Source: Rego [Location]), Student of the Infernal

Flaws:Abstinent, Infamous Master(Venatores), Pious, Plagued by Demons, Repellent, Unimaginative Learner

Personality Traits:Pious +2, Abstinent +2, Loyal +2

Reputations:
[table][tr][th]Type[/th][th]Rank[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Bad Hermetic Reputation (Venatores)[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bad Academic Reputation (Cheater)[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bad Infernal Reputation (Dangerous)[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

Combat:
Dodge: Init: +1, Attack ‑‑, Defense +2, Damage ‑‑
Fist: Init: +1, Attack -3, Defense +1, Damage +2
Kick: Init: +0, Attack -3, Defense +1, Damage +5

Soak: +2 (+7 with armor)
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, ‑1, ‑3, ‑5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: ‑1 (1‑5), ‑3 (6‑10), ‑5 (11‑15), Incapacitated (16‑20), Dead (21+)

Equipment: Full Leather Scale Armor
Encumbrance: 0 (2 Burden)

Abilities:

[table][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Rank[/th][th]Specialization[/th][th]XP[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]4[/td][td]Logic[/td][td]55[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athlethics[/td][td]1[/td][td]Running[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]1[/td][td]Alertness[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]1[/td][td]Dodging[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Code of Hermes[/td][td]1[/td][td]Wizard Marches[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]3[/td][td]Spell Concentration[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dead Language: Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]Hermetic Usages[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dominion Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td]Angels[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Demon's Eternal Oblivion[/td][td]3[/td][td](Apotropaic Mastery, Penetration, Multicast)[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette[/td][td]1[/td][td]the Church[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk ken[/td][td]2[/td][td]Monks[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td][td]1[/td][td]Lying to authority[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intrigue[/td][td]1[/td][td]Rumormongering[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Infernal Lore[/td][td]2+2[/td][td]Demons[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Italian[/td][td]5[/td][td]Religious Terminology[/td][td]75[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory[/td][td]7+2[/td][td]Vim[/td][td]150[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order of Hermes Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td]Venatores[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Parma Magica[/td][td]3[/td][td]Mentem[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Penetration[/td][td]2+2[/td][td]Vim[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]1[/td][td]Hiding[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]1[/td][td]Forest[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swimming[/td][td]1[/td][td]Long Distances[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][/table]

Hermetic Arts

[table][tr][td]Art[/td] [td]Level[/td] [td]XP[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Creo[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intellego[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Muto[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perdo[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego[/td] [td]20+3[/td][td]210[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aquam[/td] [td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Auram[/td] [td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Corpus[/td] [td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Herbam[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ignem[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Imagem[/td] [td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mentem[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Terram[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim[/td][td]20+3[/td][td]210[/td][/tr][/table]

Spells Known:

[table][tr][th]Spell[/th][th]Tech/Form[/th] [th]Spell Information[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]ReMe 10[/td][td]Call to Slumber[/td][td](Base 4, +2 voice, Mom, Ind)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]ReCo 15[/td][td]Despair of the quivering manacles[/td][td](Base 4, +2 Voice, +1 Conc, Ind)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]PeVi 10[/td][td]Demon's Eternal Oblivion[/td][td](Base 10, +2 voice, mom, ind)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MuAn 10[/td][td]Doublet of Impenetrable Silk[/td][td](Base 4,+1 Touch, +1 Conc, Ind)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]ReVi 30[/td][td]Maintaining the Demanding Spell[/td][td](Base 25, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, Ind)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]ReCo 20[/td][td]Swift as the Swallow[/td][td](Base 15, Per, +1 Conc, Ind)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MuVi 25[/td][td]Wizard's Touch(Vim)[/td][td](Base 25, +2 voice, Mom, Ind)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]InVi 20[/td][td]Glimpsing past the Shroud of Magic[/td][td](Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]InVi 20[/td][td]Piercing the Faerie Veil[/td][td](Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]InVi 20[/td][td]Staring Into the Abyss[/td][td](Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]ReVi 35[/td][td]Circular Ward Against Demons[/td][td](Base 35, +1 Touch, Circle,+2 Ring )[/td][/tr][/table]

ReCo 20 Swift as the Swallow (Base 15, Per, +1 Conc, Ind)
This spell permits the caster to fly and hover in space as long as concentration is maintained. Flight in a pre-determined direction, or hovering at a pre-decided point,. This normal flight permits the caster to travel about fifteen leagues between the hours of Prime and Terce, or any comparable duration (i.e., about fifteen miles an hour). The caster may move more quickly by passing Finesse rolls: a Finesse roll with Ease Factor 9 will double speed; add +6 to the Ease Factor for each additional increase in speed (tripling, quadrupling, etc). Failing the Finesse roll only means that the caster does not accelerate. Slowing down, unless done very rapidly, is not similarly demanding. Changing directions for long-term flight requires a Concentration roll, Ease Factor 3. Failing the Concentration roll only means that the caster's fall to the ground, probably injuring himself (the soak roll required depends on the altitude the magus was). One can increase or decrease speed, move a hovering caster, and change the direction of flight. Rapid maneuvering (i.e., changing direction for short-term flight) such as in melee, and maintaining control during rapid wind changes or other bad weather requires Concentration rolls of appropriate difficulties, probably beginning at Ease Factor 6 for fairly modest changes or circumstances.
(Adapted from a Net Grimoire spell)

InVi 20 Staring Into the Abyss (Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)
This spell allows the caster to see throught the boundaries of regiones aligned with the Infernal Realm, and therefore divine the path to the next level. As per the limit of the infernal, this might or might not will be possible, depending on the regiones.

InVi 20 Glimpsing past the Shroud of Magic (Base 3, Per, +1 Conc, +4 Vision)
This spell allows the caster to see throught the boundaries of regiones aligned with the Magic Realm, and therefore divine the path to the next level. As per the limit of the infernal, this might or might not will be possible, depending on the regiones.

MuVi 25 Wizard's Touch(Vim) (Base 25,+1 touch, inst, ind)
Change the range of a Vim spell up to level 25 from Per to Touch. I need to be cast at the same time as the spell being affected. If the wizard is casting both, a concentration roll of 9+ is required. See core rulebook p.160

ReVi 30 Maintaining the Demanding Spell (Base 25, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, Ind)
As per Maintening The Demanding Spell, but with a sun duration. See Core Rulebook p. 162

ReVi 35 Circular Ward Against Dragons (Base 35, +1 Touch, circle,+2 ring )
As per Circular Ward Against Demons, but works with creatures aligned with the Realm of Magic.

Are you going to use the same advancement scheme now, or alter it?

I mean, I could make it more effecient if you will let me to. But the thing is, i shouldnt have know what the caravan had in terms of ressources before joining it.

It is your call.

Go ahead and change your advancement plans if you wish.

It didn't change much in the end, i put 15 less points in penetration and then put 15 points in dominion lore.

Can I do the advancement season by season in the caravan, or do you still plan on posting a calendar for the use of the ressources ?

Could you please post your final advancement scheme, at 30 points/year (if there are no labs between you can do multiple years at the same time)
The calendar (now posted) is just for those advancing area lore and languages according to where the caravan is at. It has been posted now. The lost resources is considered to effectively span the life of the caravan for simplicities sake.