Area of effect

Yeah but as a french roleplayer i am not used to tactical combat system, here it's more an exception than a rule :wink:

(Never played DnD, Doogy? Good for you!)

Excellent point.

It's why the "pace" is softly defined, and likewise ranges like "voice" and "sight". These allow the SG to flex events to tell a story, where the underlying premise of (most) other game systems is to "win" the encounter. (Or it was in the original edition, and later editions still echo that starting concept.)

(The following assumes that the "base individual" for Ignem, a large campfire/great hall hearth fire, is a little larger than 2 paces cubed (~2.15), or 10 cubic paces (for ease of math).
SG's/Troupes should decide for themselves if this is appropriate for their Saga.)
Classic Fireball
CrIg 30
(Voice, Mom, Ind)
Create a rough sphere of fire about 6 pace radius (~1000 cubic paces). +10 damage to all within. If the ground, a wall, or other obstacle prevents the caster from "sensing" the entire area, the obstacle blocks that part of the sphere of fire, and it expands to fill its full volume, 1000 cubic paces, 10x10x10; a perfect hemisphere would have a radius ~8 paces.) The flame created has no "force" - if confined it will not cause an explosion.
(Base 10, +2 Voice, +2 size)

I played DnD but i had 10 years of gaming behind me at that moment and i consider it more of a boardgame than a roleplaying game.

Started with a french game called "in nomine satanis" where you play demons, and some of the members of my troup seems to think that it had a great influence on my way of mastering :smiling_imp:

Thanks you all for the insight on the underlying of the area spells in ars. And for the fireball by the way it feels warm :slight_smile: