ARM5: Ad Astera per Aspera

We have enough magi at the moment, but if you want to come in with some grogs or companions you could certainly be in line for an opening or apprenticeship...

I would love to come in as a apprentice if that is possible?

Certainly, though obviously we will need to have a magus looking for an apprentice, you can make the apprentice and we can introduce them at the appropriate time.

Let me know if there are suggestions and/or guidelines you want me to take on board. I do have the apprentice supplement.

You would probably be better off asking the players on the board, since they are the ones you would be apprenticed to.

Alas, we just introduced my new apprentice in this game.

though they are still looking for someone to pay the familiar, and there are sure to be other apprentice positions later...

I'd much rather take the role of an apprentice, even if I have to wait a while.

What do you reckon, should I just make up a child character and leave the Hermetic stuff to be decided by whomever takes me on?

mostly, yes. You could take some virtues and flaws that are inborn and not house related, especially turbulence...

Hi there,

I'm new to the Ars Magica scene and am looking to get involved. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to join Ad Astera per Aspera. I am fairly new but very excited to participate and have familiarized myself with ARM5. Would it be possible for me to join, taking the same approach as Koschei by starting as a child character?

It would be possible, if you are wanting to play an apprentice you would need to wait for someone to need an apprentice to play that character. However you could start with grogs and companions...