ArM5 Player Seeking PbP

Hi, I'm having some trouble finding a RL Ars Magica game and would like to try a PbP.

I'm an experienced Ars Magica player, but have never been involved in PbP of any type before. I prefer low-medium power games, but I'd like to hear about any available openings.

Thanks in advance,
Gremlin44

Hmm...
I have a somewhat HI-powered game going, but I just had a player drop out due to time constraints. If you are interested, I am accepting applications for Flambeau magi for the Light of Andorra PbP game.

Thank you for the invitation, it looks fun.

I can't find the "design" thread where you're supposed to post character sheets though.

I suspect you probably deleted it when the game began. Where should I post my sheet?

Thanks again,
Gremlin44

I called that thread "Development", and it is still up. I leave everything up :wink:

https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/table-talk-development/2827/1

Sorry for taking so long to get my character ready. I can't post in the saga forum so I'll post here instead. I suspect I’ll probably have to make some changes (I haven’t finished catching up on the saga thus far, and have only a passing familiarity with the region in question), but here’s what I have so far.

Please let me know what you think. Preferably by PM

Thanks,
Gremlin44

Ponz filius Bertram ex Flambeau

Born in a remote farming village in Catalonia, I experienced the same joys and sorrows as any other young boy growing up in my village, blissfully unaware of the Order of Hermes’ existence. This all ended on a cool autumn day in my 10th year.

I was out in the fields watching over my family’s sheep trying to decide which should be put to the knife before winter when two large men wearing red caps sprang upon me and before I could cry for help, thumped me on the head with a large knobby club. When I awoke, I had been sewn inside a heavy sack which stunk of cabbages. I struggled to free myself, but one of the Red Caps noticed and threatened to beat me if I moved again.

Finally after what seemed like days we arrived at a moldy-looking covenant where I was introduced to Macera ex Tytalus who kept me imprisoned as a Lab Assistant for 10 long years (and inflicted severe mental and physical abuse in the process). Eventually Macera was marched after being convicted of murdering a Quaesitor. Bertram of Flambeau who slew my former master, opened my arts and started my apprenticeship.

Bertram, despite being a hoplite of great renown was a mediocre teacher, but I was already well versed in Magic Theory from my days as a Laboratory Assistant. I’ve recently completed my Gauntlet and my immediate goal is to find a Covenant and commission a much-needed Longevity ritual. I’ve heard that the Covenant of Andorra is looking for new magi and have decided to present myself for consideration.

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +2, Str 0, Sta -1, Pre 0, Com +1, Dex 0, Qik +1.
Size: 0.
Decrepitude: 0.
Warping Score: 1 (6)
Confidence Score: 0.
Virtues & Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Art (Ignem), Book Learner, Gentle Gift, Intuition, Skinchanger (Ass), Student of Realm (Magic), Low Self-Esteem, Restriction (In view of other Magi), Weak Parens.
Personality Traits: Compassionate +2, Gregarious -3, Obedient +1.
Reputations: None.

Weapons: (Initiative/Attack/Defense/Damage)
Dodge: +1 / NA / +1 / NA.*
Fist: +1 / 0 / +1 / 0.*
Kick: 0 / 0 / 0 / +3.*
Knife: +1 / +1 / +1 / +2.*

• Untrained.
    Soak: -1.
    Fatigue Levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious.
    Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+).
    Abilities: Artes Liberales 1 (Grammar), Basque 2 (Children), Code of Hermes 4 (Apprentices), Concentration 2 (While being yelled at), Guile 2 (Making excuses), Latin 5 (Hermetic Terms), Magic Lore 2+2 (Creatures), Magic Theory 6 (Assisting), Occitan 5 (Peasants), Parma Magica 1 (Mentem), Penetration 2 (Muto), Stealth 2 (Avoiding magi), Survival 2 (Covenants). (Total Ability XP = 330).
    Arts: Creo 0, Intellego 0, Muto 5, Perdo 0, Rego 5, Animal 0, Aquam 5, Auram 0, Corpus 4, Herbam 0, Ignem 9+3, Imaginem 4, Mentem 0, Terram 4, Vim 0. (Total Art XP = 120).
    Twilight Scars: None.
    Equipment: Wizard’s robes, belt with pouches, knife, magic bridle*
  • needed for Skinchanger virtue.
    Encumberance: 0 (0).

Spells Known: (Stamina+Technique+Form).
Aura of Childlike Innocence (MuIm10) +8.
Cloak of the Duck’s Feathers (ReAq5) +9.
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An)5) +4.
Image Phantom (MuIm20) +8.
Invisible Sling of Vilano (ReTe10) +8.
Lamp without Flame (CrIg10) +11.
Pilum of Fire (Cr 20) +11.
Unseen Porter (ReTe10) +8.
(Total Spell XP = 90).

you need to join the PbP group :smiley:
Scroll to the top of any page and click Usergroups.

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree about the flaws. I created my backstory first and then selected flaws & virtues that seemed appropriate to my concept or seemed necessary for the backstory.

My new character sheet is below. PS. Have I been cleared to post in the campaign forum yet?

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +2, Str 0, Sta -1, Pre 0, Com +1, Dex 0, Qik +1.
Size: 0.
Decrepitude: 0.
Warping Score: 1 (6)
Confidence Score: 2 (5).
Virtues & Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Art (Ignem), Gentle Gift, Mastered Spells, Self-Confident, Student of Realm, Warrior, Diabolic Past, Fragile Constitution, Oversensitive (mistreatment of apprentices), Poor Memory (Names), Weak Parens.
Personality Traits: Compassionate +2, Gregarious -3, Obedient +1.
Reputations: None.

Weapons: (Initiative/Attack/Defense/Damage)
Dodge: +1 / NA / +1 / NA.*
Fist: +1 / 0 / +1 / 0.*
Kick: 0 / 0 / 0 / +3.*
Knife: +1 / +1 / +1 / +2.*
Sling -4 / +5 / +5 / +4 / Range 20.**
Longsword: +1 / +7 / +4 / +3.**
Staff: +1 / +5 / +5 / +2.**

• Untrained.
    ** Includes Specialization.
    Soak: -1.
    Fatigue Levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious.
    Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+).
    Abilities: Artes Liberales 1 (Grammar), Basque 2 (Children), Code of Hermes 4 (Apprentices), Concentration 2 (While being yelled at), Great Weapon 1 (Staff), Guile 2 (Making excuses), Latin 5 (Hermetic Terms), Magic Lore 2+2 (Creatures), Magic Theory 6 (Assisting), Occitan 5 (Peasants), Parma Magica 1 (Mentem), Penetration 2 (Muto), Single Weapon 2 (Longsword), Stealth 2 (Avoiding magi), Survival 2 (Covenants), Thrown Weapon 3 (Sling). (Total Ability XP = 330).
    Arts: Creo 0, Intellego 0, Muto 5, Perdo 0, Rego 5, Animal 0, Aquam 5, Auram 0, Corpus 4, Herbam 0, Ignem 9+3, Imaginem 4, Mentem 0, Terram 4, Vim 0. (Total Art XP = 120).
    Twilight Scars: None.
    Equipment: Wizard’s robes, belt with pouches, knife, sling, staff.
    Encumberance: 1 (2).

Spells Known: (Stamina+Technique+Form).
Aura of Childlike Innocence (MuIm10) +8.
Cloak of the Duck’s Feathers (ReAq5) +9.
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An)5) +4.
Image Phantom (MuIm20) +11 (Mastery 3, Quiet Magic x2, and Subtle Magic).
Invisible Sling of Vilano (ReTe10) +9 (Mastery 1, Multicasting).
Lamp without Flame (CrIg10) +11.
Pilum of Fire (Cr 20) +13. (Mastery 2, Magic Resistance, and Penetration).
Unseen Porter (ReTe10) +8.
(Total Spell XP = 90).

If you sent a join request, then you are probably good to go. Post him in the development thread for review :smiley:

Welcome aboard!