Ars magica 5 game - Hiddenhall

But what about a 21 year old combat magus? That's like a storm trooper fighting a jedi. Ars is the game where magi rule, literally and figuratively. Yes, one can design some pretty special and frightening companions. They will tend to pale compared to a magus, though.
The Magus can negate the encumbrance penalties from his armor, so he's going to be striking sooner, on average die rolls than the companion, unless the character has some insane quickness. Quickness 2, Finesse 2 (fast casting) and an average die roll of 6, he's able to deflect any incoming attack at initiative point 11 or lower, and then he can cast a regular spell, inline with his combat specialties. Wizard's Leap is a 3rd magnitude spell which is easily cast with most requisites. It might cost fatigue, but 1 fatigue point in exchange for not being dead and being able to return fire is a pretty good deal.

We can play trough 1000 different examples but in general if the mage is prepared a Companion without supernatural virtues usualy have not much chance save lucky rolls but cought by suprice with no defense up except the Parma a poisoned arrow in the rips is for a mage nearly as deadly as for any other human (its your form bonus what seperate you in this case from the normal human).

We have our own forum!

viewforum.php?f=62

Now the Gm just needs to add us...

We don't need to be added. You join the Play By Post group yourself, in your user control panel. (Totally counterintuitive.)

Thanks, Ryu! That worked!

Now, I guess we should still wait for the SG to start the topics? Not sure of the etiquette here!

I'd like to keep the starting aura at 3. It may be possible to reach higher levels later or find regios with higher auras in the Hidden Halls and I'd like to keep it as part of the story.

Still considering the Immunity, but I'm not against it per se. I don't like the idea of the sword. Hellswords that suck souls have been done to death and I'm running Ars Magica, not Stormbringer. So no, sorry.

In that case I will need to re-design an entirely new character, since "Bound to Magic" is pretty essential to my concept.

Oh well, third time's a charm, right?

Thanks Zaubersberg as mentioned I scraped this idea already but I might come back on the Immunity.