Ars Magica GRIMOIRE

A simple reworking of GotBF for Animal targets.
Arguable if it should affect all animal targets, only affect a broad class of animals (beast vs birds vs fish, vs insects), a narrow class (predator mammals), or just a type of animals (wolves). I went with a wide application. YSMV.

Reminds me of the 3e spell, "what armed soldiers"

and for the more personal touch, a smaller effect area.

and then needing to loot the bodies

A glowing stones spell, a very poor man's version of a light effect.

Two ways to make the surface of a wall transparent one way. There was much discussion on these concepts a long while ago, but posting here anyway. Two effects to get to the same result, one Perdo, one Rego.

A straight write up of the Creo Corpus guideline for resolving an aging crisis though magic.

Discussed here: muto idea - flatten an object to 2d

Can this propel the stone without Rego? Dropping it from above seems fine, but very unsure about moving it.

Yes, as a cosmetic effect. But aimed is pointless as the stone is magical.

This is Crystal Dart in flavour, and that has a req of Rego. It also has a "won't miss the wall, might miss a human" description. imho it needs a Rego Req, and potentially a separate thread for this chatter

I was trying to imagine the spells that a magi uses each day to improve the mundane parts of his life.

Purging the Unclean Body
PeCo 15, Req: Creo
Range: Touch, Duration: momentary, Target: Part
When the spell is cast, a ring of flame rises from the base of the person to their crown, destroying any waste products in the body. Additionally, it preserves the body and improves the balance of all humors. Anyone subjected to the spell will feel as if they had a healthy urination and bowel movement, and will also feel generally healthier. If the spell is cast regularly (at least once per week), it will add +1 to the quality of living for the current season.
(Base 3, +1 Touch, +2 Part, +1 Creo Req.)

I like it.

A spell to alter another spell so that it is always considered optimised for the target.

Concept discussed here

Cool. I really like that idea.

I've made it before, basically the same idea; I call it "Magic Tailor".

[size=150]Rain of Gray Death[/size]
This spell changes the rain falling from a cloud to dropping living and utterly scared elephants instead. Each elephant does +30 damage to the unfortunate sod who happens to be underneath it as it crashes into the ground.

Muto Auram (Animal)
Level: 35
Range: Sight (+4)
Duration: Momentary (+0)
Target: Group (+2)

Special: This spell is the result of my merenita who wanted to spend a few (7) seasons to make a spell that transform patches of air to a cloud of small butterflies that flew around the targets to confuse them and limit their field of vision. Unfortunately I had a laboratory with Warping 5 and I experimented with it quite a lot, so it became more and more bizzarre for each of the 6 or 7 seasons that I continued with it. It was a lot of Modiefied effects with +range/duration/power and at least three vesrions of "the actual effect is changed completely", but I got 15 xp to Magic Theory through Discovery, and yes... as part of my sigil being exaggerated many times to the normal: The elephants fall in precise gemotrical shapes and patterns and all the blood and intestines lies very orderly and there is almost no splatter as the blood follows the patterns...

...7 seasons for creating a mass elephant holocaust... :frowning:

If it's only Momentary then the elephants will probably turn back into rain before they hit the ground?
Definitely a Fae spell. :wink:

[quote="ironboundtome"]
If it's only Momentary then the elephants will probably turn back into rain before they hit the ground?
Definitely a Fae spell. :wink:[/quote

Oh, I meant diameter. sorry

Two effects for making miscellaneous object unable to move, discussed here. Note that the strength ratios are from the Transforming Mythic Europe sourcebook, p 125.

For most purposes the first spell will be more than enough, as i thought the effect could be used to hold doors closed, block areas, create impromptu stairs, hold aloft torches, etc.

And then a longer duration version, with more resistance to movement.

Agreed. Not sure if it'd work, but I love the idea.