Bastion of Bonisagus

major magical focus in necromancy would be way more useful for your concept than gentle gift in my opinion, but then again that's your choice.

or a major focus in women.

Bastion: "All my zombies are female. This is a deliberate protest against gender inequality among the undead."

And your weird magic options...

I'd agree that a MajMF in Necromancy or Women would probably be better than Gentle Gift, just from a specialization standpoint. Or, if you really wanna go hard core, get Cthonic Magic (from Rop:I) - it ends up being a variation of MMF:Necromacy, but with additional flavor bits. And it's not TECHNICALLY evil...

(My other concern is that if multiple magi have Gentle Gift, then it shifts the roleplaying style of the troupe from "companion and grogs in the front, Magi in the back" to "multiple magi in the front, and those that don't have Gentle Gift in the back". Essentially it splits the party, socially-speaking. The other option is for all the magi to have Gentle Gift, which I'm actually fine with as well.)

Would necromancy be a major focus? I have it listed as a minor for now.

Not sure at the moment, I just like the flaw, presumably it would have something to do with necromancy.

Hmm, I'd prefer to keep the necromancer focus, should that be major? As mentioned I currently have it as a minor but I can easily replace gentle gift with it.

I think it's actually listed as one of the examples in AM5th - either Major or Minor. (I thought it was major, though.)

Oh you're right, it is listed as a major focus, my bad on that.

In that case i"ll just replace gentle gift with major focus Necromancy and remove weird magic.

I want you to add one year to your character once you have finished. This is the year Bastion used to set up the covenant in its current form beore the other magi arrive.
You'll get 30xp in that year that you can spend on anything that makes sense (e.g. Pe, Te, leadership, profession: shepherd, olk ken, area lore, Magic theory...). You also get a lab text for a month duration spell that hides the stairs in the central well (probably MuIm or PeIm or CrIm). The spell is yours to choose. You won't be able to cast that spell probably (MuIm is not your forte), but you can decide who you give it to.

Uh alright, presumably that's some story idea you have planned?

I'll put the points into Rego so I'll have 8(4) rego

And I'll probably go the PeIm route which should be:

Range: Touch, Duration: Moon, Target: Part? Considering it's only the stares not the entire well.

Makes the stares inside the covenant well invisible

Base 4, touch +1, Moon +3, part +1

Which I think is level 25

if you design it as a circle/ring spell, cast on the top of the well (assuming the well is roughly circular, or that you have an inlaid iron ring around the well itself) you could do it a bit more cheaply, and have it last longer.

Note that this does assume you can play a bit with the shape of a circle/ring area - some folks have it being spherical, while others have it as a column.

you are missing exposure from seasons 3-6 (8xp altogether). I suppose the distraction is your family.

Ok so 3-4 would be MT right? 6 woudl be... Latin? And what would the distraction season be exposure for?

you choose. I'll accept anything that is plausible

seson 3, 4: Creo, Corpus, MT seem most plausible, but I'd accept chirurgy, too
season 5: Area Lore, folk ken, awareness, athletics, charm, teaching, carouse (board games), leadership, music (Christmas Caroling) - whatever your family wants from you
season 6: Latin, scribe, most likely

Hmm, I'll take Creo/Corpus actually my affinities give me 3 rather than 2 exp.

Also I like Christmas carolling as a choice, I'll take the one.

Ah, affinity. Useful.

Yeah watch me take over the entire covenant, one additional exposure xp at a time...

It seems to me that Bastion would never have been able to learn Hiding the Covenant Stairs, let alone invent it. He simply doesn't have the capabilities in PeIm for that.

I also see from Clovis' stats that he invented a spell called The Peaceful Pit (CrIm 15) in summer 1220 for the same purpose of hiding our stairs.

My fault. I wanted him to start with a spell that could hide the covenant. Having someone else invent it is much more elegant though.

I agree however I was requested to do it by pralix

Also, if Bastion coordinates with Emily in spring 1221, she should be able to make copies of the spell lab texts he clarifies instead of him making copies. It would be more efficient and we might be able to get more spells copied for trade, even if we apply a small penalty to Emily's total while she waits for the first spell to be clarified.

Bastion was distracted in spring, otherwise he would absolutely have done this.

Oh wait spring, yeah we could probably sort something out