Blind Magi any concept in mind

Yes, a statement like this to separate the two should work.

Don't I know it. I've submitted over 50% of the items in the errata. Doing the math in MoH accounted for much of that, though. I never did get through all the magi there...

Maybe not intentionally, but you're just playing with semantics there. I specifically defined two terms above in the context of the conversation to distinguish between two interpretations of "use." The spells being discussed are InIm spells, so T: Vision can be used.

But according to Prying Eyes itself, if you can see in the dark already, then you can see in the dark using Prying Eyes. Same thing if you can see invisible things normally, such as with Second Sight. This is part of why Prying Eyes is so screwy. It's behaving as a T: Vision spell while not being that type of spell at all.

Yet, as has been pointed out, Prying Eyes itself ends up making this nonsensical, while it is totally consistent with Fingers for Eyes.

What One Shot and I were just writing about above is how to correct Prying Eyes so it is internally consistent, so it is consistent with the other similar spells, and so the guidelines remain consistent with other distance-based guidelines. What we're trying to do would actually make Prying Eyes work as you think it should.

Don't know if this adds much to the conversation, but see in Through the Aegis p80, Palm of Seeing and Palm of Hearing , also by Richard Love :smiley:

To me, using InIm with a classic target means you perceive your target, but nothing outside of it (So you couldn't see what's outside a room's windows). Using it with a sense target means you're only limited by your sense's range. There's a nice relationship between power and cost there.

For what it's worth, I'm on the "your sense is moved" camp, and these 2 spells make perfect sense to me given that interpretation, the only anomaly being Finger for Eyes. Otherwise, you have to rewrite the guidelines, plus Prying Eyes, and maybe clarify the 2 spells above.
For a blind maga, I'd probably use InIm 3 "Enhance one of your senses"

Actually, I see little sense in a blind magus that uses magic to see.
Instead I find really fascinating and challenging the concept of a wizard that is blind, full stop. He has to rely on other people for the simplest task, but he is otherwise powerful and knowledgeble. He may have a horse of virtue and some dedicated grogs that take care of him, and he specializes in a kind of magic that doesn't need vision. The unfixable blindness may be enforced by a malediction, a personality flaw or the consequence of an ordeal of a mystery cult.